Twitter: Remaining quarterbacks in the playoffs were 1st round picks except Brock Purdy

jgboys1

Reaction score
Only against .500 or less teams.
Maybe we can have the NFL change the playoff format to the 14 worst teams make the playoffs instead of the 14 best!
Maybe then Dak can then win 3 playoff games and the Stupid Bowl!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Only against .500 or less teams.
Yep, 9 of our wins this year were against non playoff teams . 8 against below .500 teams .

Our wins against playoff teams were the Rams when they were below .500, a Egirls team in freefall mode and gift by Lions .

A division and 2 Seed basically gifted by default from collapsing Egirls and Dumb Dan.

Which apparently many fans and our organization looked the other way buying into the hype this team was different even though we struggled in December.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah but then Jerry cannot claim he made chicken salad out of chicken duty.
So we'll continue with the late round wonders

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's the exception, most Superbowl winners are 1st round picks
That has been the rule for most of SB era.About 80% I believe .

It’s changed a little since 2011 and new collective bargaining agreement with respects to Rookie QB contracts .

But with such trades since 2014 with 1st rd QB Stafford and Manning the trend still holds although only one 1st rd QB drafted since 2011 has won the SB( Mahomes).

KB1122

Reaction score
We should have drafted Will Levis when he slipped to us last year. I'm not sure he's the real deal, but he had a decent first year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I suppose if it works out for them, this could definitely be an argument for it. I guess only the Cowboys know his progress as a QB.
Oh I have no faith in him I hope he works out though. Seems like a good guy. But 49ers gave him up for nothing….but someone saw enough in him to spend two first rounders on him…so who knows.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
How many 1st round picks are not in the playoffs?
Just because you can lose on 1st round QBs doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.

I'm with everyone else. We've failed on the UDFA, or 4th round pick, time to put the chips on a 1st round talent again.

We may never get a 1st round overall pick again, but we can find something.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Any teams left in the playoffs that can't run the ball or stop the run?
100!!!! Anyone left in the NFL that are probably going to give up 38 points on defense give up seven points on almost half of the games first drives throughout the year, do any of these teams defenses come out of halftime and give up 21 straight points that happened in the last game but how about the 49er game an Arizona game I believe they gave up back-to-back to back scores coming out of halftime in some of those games I mean this is where our defense been doing most of the year against the better teams the smart teams just picked apart Dan Quinn's defense and we're talking about the quarterback...lol I mean CJ Stroud looked good for his rookie year he looked good in the playoff game but his defense took control of that game his coaching staff made sure he didn't need to do it all look at his stat line not impressive just did his job kinda hard to do your job at quarterback when you know you're gonna have to score over 30 every game to win against the better teams...

they had have guys wide open and I'm talking about it looked like 11 on 7 on defense right let's keep talking about the quarterback because that's the easy thing to do you watch a quarterback to have to play like he did in Seattle don't punt score on every drive you probably have a chance to win that's back to playing like Mike Nolan and rod marinelli Dan Quinn's the biggest problem here and I'm glad he's leaving and I wish he would be gone already I'm tired of talking about the quarterback I don't care even if you remove some of the mistakes in the first half we don't win that game because the defense can't stop anyone we need an offense to protect the defense is silly this most over rated underachieving group on our team all year this championship defense it never happened!!

Flamma

Reaction score
I saw a stat earlier that said for the last 17 years a top 5 QB pick did not win a SB by the team that drafted them. Is this true?