Remember Bohanna said he was going to stop the run?

CCBoy

Reaction score
That means nothing at all. A guy can go undrafted and make the HOF. But to expect that is ludicrous
If a late round pick turns into a decent rotational player you’ve hit a homerun
No, you are ignoring the truth of the matter and what every player needs is his own driver and the guts to sticking to his own growth,

The player should be given the opportunity to accomplish what his own talents may bring...not that a fan doesn't see that player's heart. Whether a high pick or a non-drafted player, there are quite a few of both that do make very good NFL players.
Many need up to three years for the receiving team to develop and fully evaluate who will fit into their schemes and rosters, both.

Every year there are plenty from both sources that are added to pre season rosters.

Don't insult another poster concerning probability...that's on the player and every single team in the NFL gambles on the process, without fail.

Don't even think one is legitimized to condemn a poster on the point that failure does exist throughout football. Uh, football is still a sport of change. One plays with that self-evident, or imply attached that he is silver spooned and have sole view of common sensed progress and development.

I think today's Cowboys have proven already good enough and progressed to successfully run their own franchise. I'm not waiting for an immaculate reception to be given respect of common sense so stated.

I give the player at least an American way to prove himself before I hold a grudge with a fan supporting a player on the roster, at any level.

Show where a particular is, without prejudicing another fan first. Do the work of more than argumentative stereotype rejectionsl

There is more on Randle above, as well...you saying he was a flunkie when he came into the league? I also included a couple more Hall of Famers from Texas A&I...ever hear of them?

GO COWBOYS!

conner01

Reaction score
No, you are ignoring the truth of the matter and what every player needs is his own driver and the guts to sticking to his own growth,

The player should be given the opportunity to accomplish what his own talents may bring...not that a fan doesn't see that player's heart. Whether a high pick or a non-drafted player, there are quite a few of both that do make very good NFL players.
Many need up to three years for the receiving team to develop and fully evaluate who will fit into their schemes and rosters, both.

Every year there are plenty from both sources that are added to pre season rosters.

Don't insult another poster concerning probability...that's on the player and every single team in the NFL gambles on the process, without fail.

Don't even think one is legitimized to condemn a poster on the point that failure does exist throughout football. Uh, football is still a sport of change. One plays with that self-evident, or imply attached that he is silver spooned and have sole view of common sensed progress and development.

I think today's Cowboys have proven already good enough and progressed to successfully run their own franchise. I'm not waiting for an immaculate reception to be given respect of common sense so stated.

I give the player at least an American way to prove himself before I hold a grudge with a fan supporting a player on the roster, at any level.

Show where a particular is, without prejudicing another fan first. Do the work of more than argumentative stereotype rejectionsl

There is more on Randle above, as well...you saying he was a flunkie when he came into the league? I also included a couple more Hall of Famers from Texas A&I...ever hear of them?

GO COWBOYS!
I don’t think it’s all on the player. Some guys can play and some no matter how hard they work just can’t be nfl players
They just don’t have the talent
There are UDFA who make it every year on every team but few, compared to the total ever become stars. Some because they don’t have the heart and desire but most just simply because they don’t have the talent.
Bo may develop into a solid player but there is a reason some guys go high in the draft and some don’t get drafted. There are high picks that bust and those are mostly on the player because they did have the talent but lacked the heart

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s all on the player. Some guys can play and some no matter how hard they work just can’t be nfl players
They just don’t have the talent
There are UDFA who make it every year on every team but few, compared to the total ever become stars. Some because they don’t have the heart and desire but most just simply because they don’t have the talent.
Bo may develop into a solid player but there is a reason some guys go high in the draft and some don’t get drafted. There are high picks that bust and those are mostly on the player because they did have the talent but lacked the heart
That is fair, depending how much has to be learned. Teams select players on the basis of technique, skillset, and abilities...and usually, good organizational leadership teaches the player enough that commitment and fully putting his heart into team positive actions...succeeds. To build up physically, it sometimes takes a couple years to fully develop into ability for sustained and productive NFL status. Maybe a Chuck Knoll type personality after the player has first a secondary players job earned by all out sacrifice.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Are we sure he said to "stop the run"....or was it to "stop the runs.?" Pepto Bismol or some Kaopectate will do the trick.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Bohanna is as big as Mazi. Mazi is stronger, quicker, faster, and smarter.
Yeah, that's just it. Too many wanted a "big, fat guy" for the middle, but that's not enough. I have a relative who's about 25 years old, 6-1 and 350 lbs. (about). But could he be a successful NFL defensive nose tackle? Not on your life, he played a bit in high school and was awful.

Gotta have quickness, strength, football smarts and endurance as well.

Hopefully Mazi has all those attributes....

plasticman

Reaction score
He did stop the run......once or twice.

Let's not finalize our opinions yet on Bohanna. If we have learned anything recently, it should be that players can keep improving at well past their first 2-3 seasons.

Many of us have been forced to revise their perceptions when it came to players like Armstrong, Schultz, Steele, Biadacz, and Cooper Rush.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Bohanna is as big as Mazi. Mazi is stronger, quicker, faster, and smarter.
Bohanna
Pre-draft measurables
HeightWeightArm lengthHand span40-yard dash10-yard split20-yard split20-yard shuttleThree-cone drillVertical jumpBroad jump
6 ft 4 in
(1.93 m)
327 lb
(148 kg)
34 in
(0.86 m)
10+7⁄8 in
(0.28 m)
5.47 s1.81 s3.07 s5.15 s8.21 s29.0 in
(0.74 m)
8 ft 3 in
(2.51 m)

Smith
Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite: Yes
Height:
Weight: 323

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET):
40 Yard Dash (HH):

20 Yard (ET):
20 Yard (HH):
10 Yard (ET):
10 Yard (HH):
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 34
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:
-15 LBs/No Full Workout-Hamstring

Through Michigan's strength staff, Bruce Feldman found out that: Mazi Smith has benched 22 reps of 325 pounds (not the typical 225), close-grip benched 550 pounds, posts a 44-inch vertical jump, and broad-jumped 9 feet, 4 1/2 inches. And that's just his power and agility. As for speed, well, Smith has that, too. The Grand Rapids, Mich., native has clocked a shuttle time of 4.41 seconds, which Feldman notes would've tied any defensive tackle at the NFL Scouting Combine this year; a 3-cone drill time of 6.95 seconds, which would have been the fastest; and a 60-yard shuttle of 11.90 seconds.

Perhaps even more impressive, however, is Smith's performance in some of the drills Herbert and his staff ask the players to take part in. In one specific drill, players attempt to jump up a series of seven 26-inch high stairs as fast as they can. The program record is apparently 2.21 seconds, and Smith did it in 2.82 seconds. (For comparison, Aidan Hutchinson, who was No. 2 on Feldman's 'freaks' list last year and is 60 pounds lighter than Smith, did it in 2.57 seconds.) Smith even dominated Michigan's combo-twist machine aimed to measure resistance in the trenches, forcing the strength staff to call the manufacturer to have more weight added to the machine. "Mazi's rotational strength is ridiculous," Herbert told The Athletic, touting Smith as the strongest defensive lineman he's seen in his 25 years in football. "He is an incredible combination of rare traits packaged into one player. He is just ridiculously strong and powerful." - Ann Arbor
Dates: 03/17/23
Hand:
09 3/4 Arm: 33 3/4
Wingspan: 80 7/8

Height: 6030
Weight: 323
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash:
225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 29 1/2
Broad Jump: 08'11"
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

No Full Workout-Hamstring
Mazi is Harder, Better, Stronger, Faster...

Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger

conner01

Reaction score
That is fair, depending how much has to be learned. Teams select players on the basis of technique, skillset, and abilities...and usually, good organizational leadership teaches the player enough that commitment and fully putting his heart into team positive actions...succeeds. To build up physically, it sometimes takes a couple years to fully develop into ability for sustained and productive NFL status. Maybe a Chuck Knoll type personality after the player has first a secondary players job earned by all out sacrifice.
No doubt they can build them up physically. It sometimes amazes me the lean muscle these guys can add in an off season

Beaker42

Reaction score
I think he said he was going to stop the "runs", as in diarrhea.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't see us keeping two big DT's on the active roster. However I think Bohanna is a safe PS stash.

offlimits

Reaction score
He was adamant about it even before playing a game that he was here to do just that. Should we believe what Mazi is saying about being a run stopper? I say yes, and I'm hopeful for better results in our young DT. DT is a soft spot for a lot of us fans. We've been wanting some big plugger to come in and have success.

Have a great season Mazi, bye Bohanna????
You obviously have not seen this kid play. He is doubled team on EVERY play and still makes the tackle. He will be a game-changer on this D.

Hadenough

Reaction score
He was adamant about it even before playing a game that he was here to do just that. Should we believe what Mazi is saying about being a run stopper? I say yes, and I'm hopeful for better results in our young DT. DT is a soft spot for a lot of us fans. We've been wanting some big plugger to come in and have success.

Have a great season Mazi, bye Bohanna????
This team is gonna see the difference between a 1st round DT and a 6th round DT. I just wish they would do this at QB.

ghst187

Reaction score
Only things Bohanna stopped was our DL progress…..and the line at the all you can eat buffet.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
so they are both 360lb's show me the rest of the likeness between them comming into the NFL please.