Remember Buffalo 2003

alancdc

Reaction score
FiveTime;1477073 said:
Cleveland is still the worst team in their division behind Baltimore, Cincinatti and Pittsburgh. The AFC is also an all around tougher conference. Even if the Browns take large strides of improvement the pick that they gave us should be high.

Thank you! I just don't follow anyone that has a problem with this deal? Who did you want had we stayed at 22, or kept our 3rd? I would be totally shocked if they Browns are better than a 6 win team, and that should put us around 6,7 next year.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spectre;1476449 said:
They went 6-10 and traded us their 2004 1st round pick.
Everyone was convinced they would be a 6-10 team at best the following season but they surprised at 9-7 and thus dropped our 1st round pick to #20.

Just something to keep in mind with the new look Browns' 2008 1st rounder...

You're trying to establish a pattern by strongfully suggesting the variables from one situation are exactly the same as the other...

That is a very, very dangerous precedent-- rarely do two exact situations duplicate one another. The universe is much more chaotic than that.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Cleveland

Can anyone tell me with a straight face that Cleveland is as good as any of the other three?

This whole comparison to Buffalo in '04 is stoopid...

Buffalo had the 2nd ranked defense in '04-- anyone-- anyone at all see a "top-10" ranking for Cleveland's defense on the horizon?

I didn't think so.

BEMYDADJERRY

Reaction score
hey you guys also missed something else....who was the bills coach (williams) then and who is our coach now.....yup.....we dont have sausage breast man anymore....we are gonna be a very exciting team not to mention a much improved team .....just lets win the division and take it from there........

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
chicago JK;1476792 said:
We don't know how good or bad Clev. will be. I can see them going 8-8 with some breaks. Although, I will say I like their talent on their roster the least of all the teams in their division. I expect a bounce back from both Cincy and Pitt this year and while I expect Baltimore to come back to earth a little, I still see them winning at least 9 games.

I think Clev. will battle you hard, but they might be two years away from seeing some of their fruits of their labor.

8-8? I'll take that bet right now. We have a GUARANTEED top 10 pick next year (IMO of course), and I would be willing to bet that it's a lot closer to 5 than 10.

Bottom line is...what teams are worse than Cleveland?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;1477114 said:
Morning Winkster.

Morning Sarge.

These folks that think Cleveland is going to be at least a .500 club have already started hitting the "juice".

Not with that division-- not this year.

mwj473

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1477106 said:
Buffalo had the 2nd ranked defense in '04-- anyone-- anyone at all see a "top-10" ranking for Cleveland's defense on the horizon?

Maybe that CB they got in the 2nd yesterday will vault their defense to top 5 this year? :rolleyes:

Maybe Not !!!!

They didn't help their D much yesterday at all!!

alancdc

Reaction score
Sarge;1477112 said:
8-8? I'll take that bet right now. We have a GUARANTEED top 10 pick next year (IMO of course), and I would be willing to bet that it's a lot closer to 5 than 10.

Bottom line is...what teams are worse than Cleveland?

Not many.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;1477119 said:
Morning Sarge.

These folks that think Cleveland is going to be at least a .500 club have already started hitting the "juice".

Not with that division-- not this year.

Cleveland is BAD. I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn doesn't see the field until mid-season and when he does, it's going to be "welcome to the speed in the NFL."

Cleveland is in the position of having to be worse short-term to be better long-term and that fits right into our plans (if that makes any sense).

5-11 IMO.

alancdc

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1477093 said:
You're trying to establish a pattern by strongfully suggesting the variables from one situation are exactly the same as the other...

That is a very, very dangerous precedent-- rarely do two exact situations duplicate one another. The universe is much more chaotic than that.

Let's try not to bring logic into this until I have had my 2nd cup of coffee!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;1477131 said:
Cleveland is BAD. I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn doesn't see the field until mid-season and when he does, it's going to be "welcome to the speed in the NFL."

Cleveland is in the position of having to be worse short-term to be better long-term and that fits right into our plans (if that makes any sense).

5-11 IMO.

You're absolutely right. Cleveland is going to take it "on the chin" this year in order to be better in '08. Neither Quinn nor Thomas are going to "light-up" the NFL in their first season. Heck the knock on Thomas was that he wasn't strong enough... It could be very ugly 3 hours west of me during the '07 season.

BEMYDADJERRY

Reaction score
all i know is guys when we are not playing ill be watching and ever s**t can game the browns play rooting for the oposition......im so pumped and to think we may have a chance at mcfadden....:bow: