Remember Johnny Manziel

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I say let him play for Dallas. Forget about winning, It would be incredibly entertaining.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It would be interesting if there was a good QB that fell in this draft. Would the Cowboys consider it?

jujoboys

Reaction score
The only people who thought Dallas was going to draft Manzel was the television networks that wanted to juice up the draft. I don’t remember any threads with the fan base saying we would Johnny. He would have been a threat to Romo and Jerry was not having that.
Actually, Jerry stated in a recent interview that when Dallas was on the clock he was trying his best to convince everyone that they needed to draft Johnny Manziel. He said that no one would side with him so they ended up passing on Manziel. It came close to happening. Luckily Stephen, Will McClay, and the rest of the scouts argued hard against it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It would be interesting if there was a good QB that fell in this draft. Would the Cowboys consider it?
With the many needs the team has due to all the FA departures they won’t even consider taking a QB. They only have 6 picks and already used a 4th round pick from this years draft on Trey Lance. They can’t afford to use another pick on a QB and leave themselves with only 5 picks to try and plug up some of the holes they have. They’re banking heavily on this draft. Any QB that would fall to us, the odds on them panning out wouldn’t be good. Your best shot of hitting on a QB is in the top 10 and even that’s a real crapshoot.

shabazz

Reaction score
Does Jerry deal Parsons and move up to take a Qb?

I wouldn't be shocked......the last time he had a Lombardi was with a 1st round QB and he might give it a go.

Perfect way to also not have to pay the faux LT Podcaster the big bucks too.

Stranger things have happened

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Who else saw the thread title and thought that Manziel had died? Don't even try to lie.

Any scenario, theory, rain dance, etc. that concludes with Dak (and Tad) leaving the Cowboys is good enough for me.
So, if we gotta sacrifice Johnny Football, so be it....
I thought he just saw the Netflix documentary Johnny Football :)

Motorola

Reaction score
And where is Johnny Manziel now in his professional football career?

pansophy

Reaction score
Actually, Jerry stated in a recent interview that when Dallas was on the clock he was trying his best to convince everyone that they needed to draft Johnny Manziel. He said that no one would side with him so they ended up passing on Manziel. It came close to happening. Luckily Stephen, Will McClay, and the rest of the scouts argued hard against it.
This and the fact that we were very close to trading for Paxton Lynch should tell everybody on good this organization is at evaluating QB.

1942willys

Reaction score
This and the fact that we were very close to trading for Paxton Lynch should tell everybody on good this organization is at evaluating QB.
Don't forget Connor Cook was their target before Dak as well.
We lucked into Dak just like we lucked into Romo
Jerry figures it will keep happening

TheCritic

Reaction score
I do think there is a parallel between the end of the Romo era and where things stand with Dak right now. Not just the lack of playoff success, but I do believe the contract situation is a major factor. People forget to mention that prior to getting hurt, Romo had just signed a $100 million dollar contract, which was a huge deal at the time.

I get that many Cowboys fans have serious doubts about Trey Lance. He is a long shot, a huge risk. But weigh that against the risk of extending Dak to a $60 million a year extension. The Cowboys are taking a risk either way.

If it were me, I would take a shot with Lance, knowing that worse case scenario - he is a dud that cost you a season...but something the Cowboys can more easily move on from vs. the dead money trap that would result in trying to move on from Dak.

J12B

Reaction score
Who else saw the thread title and thought that Manziel had died? Don't even try to lie.

Any scenario, theory, rain dance, etc. that concludes with Dak (and Tad) leaving the Cowboys is good enough for me.
So, if we gotta sacrifice Johnny Football, so be it....
I for one did not.

It didn't even cross my mind.

If it read, "In Rememberance of Johnny Manziel" then I it would have.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Read where he had a failed suicide attempt. In 2022 he was playing in an indoor football league.

Flamma

Reaction score
Does Jerry deal Parsons and move up to take a Qb?

I wouldn't be shocked......the last time he had a Lombardi was with a 1st round QB and he might give it a go.

Perfect way to also not have to pay the faux LT Podcaster the big bucks too.

Stranger things have happened
Where would the Cowboys move up to? The top 3 teams need a QB. It's a good plan. But it would be difficult in this draft.