Remember La'el Collins?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
As a break glass in case of emergency depth guy….not as a someone who you heavily lean into and rely on
if he's cheap then jerry is in love, and don't act like we just didn't sign endoga this past off season

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Guys, coogie has a quota to meet. Can’t expect that every thread is one where he is even bothering to share his own thoughts, let alone solicit ours.
and FAITHFULLY you comment as always, which means you're apart of the problem!!!!! Calm down, get over it, or go to another post!!

Kwyn

Reaction score
Some were HAPPY when we signed him this past season!! Don't even go there!
I don’t know about “happy”. What I recall is more of “well, hope we don’t need him but if we do at least he knows some of the plays”

Kwyn

Reaction score
and FAITHFULLY you comment as always, which means you're apart of the problem!!!!! Calm down, get over it, or go to another post!!
Dude, if you make yourself a meme, you gotta embrace it. Some days your comments seem to do just that and others you get touchy.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Dude, if you make yourself a meme, you gotta embrace it. Some days your comments seem to do just that and others you get touchy.
Hey let's get back on topic, have a great day buddy!!! :cool:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He was signed to the PS. He was not signed after the season ended to a reserves / futures contract.
If they were interested they would have. Unless they offered and he said no. Which I doubt.

Instead they signed some other players I never heard of.
You are reading a bit too much into that. For a veteran, it is somewhat of an insult to offer a futures deal as it cuts off their ability to sign elsewhere.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry has a salary cap. Dak has the egg he just laid against GB and a 2-5 playoff record over 8 seasons. He also makes an extra 50M a year in endorsements ……. Bc he’s the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. Daks the one that needs to come up with a team friendly deal that allows us to put pieces around him, rather his current posture of putting the team over a barrel.
Fully agree, but the agent ain’t gonna want to hear it.

No one can expect anyone to take less, BUT in this case winning would benefit Prescott more than the extra cash in many ways.

But the agents keep score by keeping salaries on the rise, they tell clients to let them handle it, and what we are discussing is out the window.

Also it’s not exactly a guarantee that the team would invest the savings in players around him since they haven’t in forever. Probably would just end up in Stephens inheritance fund.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I think this is the plan:
Tyler is now our long-term LT
Bass, Richards, and maybe Hoffman battle it out at LG
C is a battle between a draft pick and Hoffman
RG Martin - duh
RT Steele

Collins I think is insurance at LG, in case the young guys struggle, and in case Steele never fully recovers and gets back to his '22 form.

HanD

Reaction score
Probably a better chance he moves to G
i forgot he was here. between him and bass, i could definitely see tyler smith moving to lt and them focusing on C with JPJ or barton in the first or frazier or van prann in the second.

Proof

Reaction score
Dak is sabotaging himself with the contract demands. His contract is why we won’t be resigning a lot of guys including Tyron Smith.
have you seen how much the cap has gone up? lol. stop believing the jones propaganda.

Proof

Reaction score
I don't even know what kind of deal La'el was signed to. Is he still on the roster?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No. I'm not sure Collins can make the team as a backup guard at this point.

Tyler needs to goto LT. They need to draft a Center round 1 as the best centers should still be on the board. Richards did well in a few games at guard so just let him play. Maybe target another guard later in the draft or FA if you don't think Hoffman can backup both sides. Bringing back a washed up player who barely made the PS isn't a good answer.

exciter

Reaction score
We resigned him back to the team at the end of the regular season for depth. With Tyron Smith possibly gone, could we get Collins to play LT for us, i'm not sure if he likes playing guard, I know he didn't when he was here. Any chance he could be brought back to play LT, I pain to think of bothering Tyler to move out to OT when he's been fine at guard!!!! Please give your ideas on this post!!!! :muttley:
First his contract effectively expired after the packers game. Nothing about his skillset that ever translated to LT in the NFL…. He was playing horribly at RT in Cincinnati before the injury. Tyron has missed 48 games in 13 seasons… Collins has missed 54 over 9!

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
yeah, he would be the opposite of the kind of player you want to acquire. He is lazy, undisciplined, unfocused and uninterested... no way Jose. :thumbdown:

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
We resigned him back to the team at the end of the regular season for depth. With Tyron Smith possibly gone, could we get Collins to play LT for us, i'm not sure if he likes playing guard, I know he didn't when he was here. Any chance he could be brought back to play LT, I pain to think of bothering Tyler to move out to OT when he's been fine at guard!!!! Please give your ideas on this post!!!! :muttley:
I'm in.