Remember La'el Collins?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That was almost five years ago, he is nowhere the same now.

You had said.
Collins could barely play RT, so that’s a hard no.​

I had thought you meant ever.

Collins had a very good year in 2021 (PFF 80), bad year in 2022, and no play in 2023.
Good chance he's a guy who could still play but played too much for his chronic hip condition.

With a year of rest, may be healthy enough for a backup role.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You had said.
Collins could barely play RT, so that’s a hard no.​

I had thought you meant ever.

Collins had a very good year in 2021 (PFF 80), bad year in 2022, and no play in 2023.
Good chance he's a guy who could still play but played too much for his chronic hip condition.

With a year of rest, may be healthy enough for a backup role.
Naw, he was pretty solid pre-injury. I meant post-injury, he wasn’t the same.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Not even counting him in the OL equation. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed and knowing better.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dak is sabotaging himself with the contract demands. His contract is why we won’t be resigning a lot of guys including Tyron Smith.
If Dak and his representation and Jerry Jones have not initiated talks on a new agreement how has Dak made a salary demand? Dak is under contract and is in no position to demand anything. If there is going to be an extension with Dak Prescott it will be if and when Jerry Jones decides it’s what he wants to do. Jerry is smart enough to know Dak won’t come cheap in today’s NFL. Jerry either wants to pay for Dak or he doesn’t. Parting ways may be in both sides’ best interest.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
We resigned him back to the team at the end of the regular season for depth. With Tyron Smith possibly gone, could we get Collins to play LT for us, i'm not sure if he likes playing guard, I know he didn't when he was here. Any chance he could be brought back to play LT, I pain to think of bothering Tyler to move out to OT when he's been fine at guard!!!! Please give your ideas on this post!!!! :muttley:
No more coffee or 48-0unce energy drinks!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak and his representation and Jerry Jones have not initiated talks on a new agreement how has Dak made a salary demand? Dak is under contract and is in no position to demand anything. If there is going to be an extension with Dak Prescott it will be if and when Jerry Jones decides it’s what he wants to do. Jerry is smart enough to know Dak won’t come cheap in today’s NFL. Jerry either wants to pay for Dak or he doesn’t. Parting ways may be in both sides’ best interest.
Dak and his representation are the same. So, when I say “Dak” , it’s him or whoever represents him or some combination. Who cares?

Dak absolutely does not want to go into next season with no security beyond this year. So, it is NOT only in the cowboys cap interest to extend him. In fact, he may hold out without a deal. Why would he risk a career ending catastrophic injury playing on a one year deal at his age?

I would love to see Jerry trade by mutual consent or cut Dak. Cowboy fans think more highly of him than the league. But it’s a hard point to prove when Jerry pays him like he’s Patrick Mahomes.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I think his days of playing OT are done and certainly LT. The question is whether or not he can still play OG. If the reason for his downfall was attitude and "want to" I guess he can turn that around and be good again, but he doesn't seem like he really wants to put in the work so it's not likely. I doubt he is ever a starter again other than due to injury and that's if he even makes a roster here or elsewhere. I do like him in camp though to see if he has one more run in him. Doesn't cost much to watch him over the Summer and see what he is at this point.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
We resigned him back to the team at the end of the regular season for depth. With Tyron Smith possibly gone, could we get Collins to play LT for us, i'm not sure if he likes playing guard, I know he didn't when he was here. Any chance he could be brought back to play LT, I pain to think of bothering Tyler to move out to OT when he's been fine at guard!!!! Please give your ideas on this post!!!! :muttley:
Tyler S can play LT and Collins can play LG

MyFairLady

Reaction score
He can't even roll his fat *** to the bank machine to pay his urine donor. Suspension incoming.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Tom-Hanks-Saying-Really.gif
p do