Remember La'el Collins?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fully agree, but the agent ain’t gonna want to hear it.

No one can expect anyone to take less, BUT in this case winning would benefit Prescott more than the extra cash in many ways.

But the agents keep score by keeping salaries on the rise, they tell clients to let them handle it, and what we are discussing is out the window.

Also it’s not exactly a guarantee that the team would invest the savings in players around him since they haven’t in forever. Probably would just end up in Stephens inheritance fund.
I think Daks contract keeps us from giving Tyron Smith a decent new offer. Now we go into the draft needing a tackle. Not sure how giving away Daks pro bowl blind side protector and replacing him with a rookie is going to help him.

The leverage here is endorsement money. Dak banks 50M a year only bc he is the highly visible qb of the Dallas Cowboys. Jerry’s spineless but he should be threatening to make Dak a post June 1st cut if he doesn’t sign something that reflects the fact he’s no Mahomes. Threatening Daks off field money is how you get his agent to the table.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We resigned him back to the team at the end of the regular season for depth. With Tyron Smith possibly gone, could we get Collins to play LT for us, i'm not sure if he likes playing guard, I know he didn't when he was here. Any chance he could be brought back to play LT, I pain to think of bothering Tyler to move out to OT when he's been fine at guard!!!! Please give your ideas on this post!!!! :muttley:
My THOUGHTS are that Smith is young and talented enough to make the change to LT, arguably the most important position on the OL. Collins can serve as a backup swing tackle. Draft a LG and hope one of our current backups has developed enough to step up.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
We resigned him back to the team at the end of the regular season for depth. With Tyron Smith possibly gone, could we get Collins to play LT for us, i'm not sure if he likes playing guard, I know he didn't when he was here. Any chance he could be brought back to play LT, I pain to think of bothering Tyler to move out to OT when he's been fine at guard!!!! Please give your ideas on this post!!!! :muttley:
Collins at LG and Smith at LT

HungryLion

Reaction score
You forgot "disinterested".

If he could get his head out of his rectal cavity, he would be a good LG and we could move Tyler to LT.
Dude got paid and is now more interested in fishing than playing football. Can’t do much to change that.

wecasa

Reaction score
Mr no hips Collins isn't playing lt on a regular basis...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I suspect there's likely a valid reason why the C'boys have relegated La'el Collins to being a backup on the OL. They know him all too well.

LysleE

Reaction score
That dude has not been the same since he injured his hip during his first stint with the Cowboys…he is damaged goods with a poor work ethic…oh wait…in Dallas he is a perfect candidate for an o-line position!