Remember the GROZ movement?

RxMan

Reaction score
Do those that have been around these boards remember the GROZ movement?
GROZ = Get Rid of Zimmer.
I had a bet with a fellow member who said he would leave these boards if Zimmer actually got another job in the NFL after he was fired by the Cowboys. He was certain. Said there was no way it would happen. Fairly comical looking at Zimmer's career after he left the Cowboys.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
GROZ was due to the fact that the defensive lineman would seemingly never get any pressure when it seemed to matter, either normally or on blitz packages. Was that due to his scheme or the players that JJ acquired? That’s a moot point, but I’m willing to bet the latter had a bit to do with it.

jwitten82

Reaction score
GROZ was due to the fact that the defensive lineman would seemingly never get any pressure when it seemed to matter, either normally or on blitz packages. Was that due to his scheme or the players that JJ acquired? That’s a moot point, but I’m willing to bet the latter had a bit to do with it.
And which dlineman do we have now that is going to change that?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Zimmer for sure wore out his welcome here (as has every DC after him). But I have a hard time not being a bit intrigued when he has so many seasons of a top 10 defense after he left.

Of the options that have been presented, I continue to think he's the best. It's a bad situation with the timing that Jones has put us in. We're likely going to go through multiple DCs in the next years which is not great for our player development either.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Do those that have been around these boards remember the GROZ movement?
GROZ = Get Rid of Zimmer.
I had a bet with a fellow member who said he would leave these boards if Zimmer actually got another job in the NFL after he was fired by the Cowboys. He was certain. Said there was no way it would happen. Fairly comical looking at Zimmer's career after he left the Cowboys.
A remember a lot of Zoners were glad when Sean Payton left too.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Those 15 yard cushions he had to DBs playing at initially was criminal.

No pass rush and giving away the underneath just made it hard to watch on top of being inefficient.

BP pointed him in the right direction to some extent.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
GROZ is still alive and kicking. I am a card carrying member. If he comes to Dallas and tries running the same defense he did from before, it just won't end well...again.
Zimmer ran about 3 different defenses when he was here. Original Jimmy defense, a copy of the Tampa 2 ( in order to stop the run better) that he changed to more of a man defense , and then finally the 3-4 under Parcells.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Those 15 yard cushions he had to DBs playing at initially was criminal.

No pass rush and giving away the underneath just made it hard to watch on top of being inefficient.

BP pointed him in the right direction to some extent.
Terence Newman was about his only CB while here. Just think of what kind of talent or lack of he had.