Remember the GROZ movement?

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Do those that have been around these boards remember the GROZ movement?
GROZ = Get Rid of Zimmer.
I had a bet with a fellow member who said he would leave these boards if Zimmer actually got another job in the NFL after he was fired by the Cowboys. He was certain. Said there was no way it would happen. Fairly comical looking at Zimmer's career after he left the Cowboys.
I was here for it! I remember it.

To be fair, I think it was Zimmers struggles changing to a 3-4

blueblood70

Reaction score
You're not wrong, and the cushions started with the "Corner Draft" with Goodrich, Lattimore, and Edwards with Edwards being the only decent player.

But 3rd and 5 with a 15 yard cushion was hard to stomach either way. Bend don't break with bad personnel is just harder to take than a D that relies on blitzing and taking chances to make up for inadequate talent. Was like pulling teeth
well than wink and Ryan also out because they all run an D like that. But just because that's a defense they ran at one time doesn't mean they can't change their spots given they only have the offseason to try to turn this around for one year you yourself said, no one's looking for a three-year project that defensive coordinator because not a lot of our other key players or coaches are under more than a one year deal as far as Jerry is concerned I mean look McCarthy and right now as it stands Prescott both on one year deals why not bring in a guy who's willing to do this and try to do the best he can to get a plan together...

I think most of us understand Dan Quinn was gonna lead the past two seasons they convinced him to stay now he's gone we're on a very short window of opportunity here and I think whoever comes in here probably understands this might be a one year deal but if for some reason he's a genius and looks great he might end up being the next head coach it's a win win but for fans we're looking at down the road too much this is not what I believe they're looking into they're looking for a guy in the interview who says he can do the most with very few changes in personnel with this current defense..

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
well than wink and Ryan also out because they all run an D like that. But just because that's a defense they ran at one time doesn't mean they can't change their spots given they only have the offseason to try to turn this around for one year you yourself said, no one's looking for a three-year project that defensive coordinator because not a lot of our other key players or coaches are under more than a one year deal as far as Jerry is concerned I mean look McCarthy and right now as it stands Prescott both on one year deals why not bring in a guy who's willing to do this and try to do the best he can to get a plan together...

I think most of us understand Dan Quinn was gonna lead the past two seasons they convinced him to stay now he's gone we're on a very short window of opportunity here and I think whoever comes in here probably understands this might be a one year deal but if for some reason he's a genius and looks great he might end up being the next head coach it's a win win but for fans we're looking at down the road too much this is not what I believe they're looking into they're looking for a guy in the interview who says he can do the most with very few changes in personnel with this current defense..
I would look at coaches from 3-4 D coaching trees as a start even with the 1 year likelihood at play. We're letting Parson get worn down being a standard 4-3 DE.

I wouldn't mind Zimmer if we stick with the 4-3 though personally.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would look at coaches from 3-4 D coaching trees as a start even with the 1 year likelihood at play. We're letting Parson get worn down being a standard 4-3 DE.

I wouldn't mind Zimmer if we stick with the 4-3 though personally.
But you're forgetting that those guys that you would consider those guys may not themselves consider wanting to be on a staff that's only gonna have a one season shelf life... If you were gonna do that and I get 75% of you be very upset if al Harris or durden was just elevated but if you want a young guy that would be the best route they're already here they already have a relationship with the owner the GM and the players that are on this roster but bringing in one from outside they probably don't want anything to do with it...

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
But you're forgetting that those guys that you would consider those guys may not themselves consider wanting to be on a staff that's only gonna have a one season shelf life... If you were gonna do that and I get 75% of you be very upset if al Harris or durden was just elevated but if you want a young guy that would be the best route they're already here they already have a relationship with the owner the GM and the players that are on this roster but bringing in one from outside they probably don't want anything to do with it...
Harris seems to have the locker room ear at least among the DBs from what I've seen and wouldn't hate that choice.

Really just think we should try to convert to a 3-4 sooner than later if we want to maximize Parsons.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I definitely remember it. Cowboys fans have been fighting over player/coaches/ownership for years and things will continue.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RHZTM
Rather have Zimmer than McCarthy

All I got