Remember when you wanted Charles Rogers?

jem88

Reaction score
THUMPER said:
I remember people here were posting that we should trade LaRoi Glover or Greg Ellis AND a 1st rounder for Rogers. I couldn't believe what I was reading.

The guy has done nothing but get hurt, do drugs, and generally screw off since being drafted. I wouldn't trade a 7th rounder for him.
I don't ever remember seeing that. I remember the Glover for Rogers/Wayne trade proposals, but not anything with a first round pick thrown in as well.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
I sure liked Rogers at MSU too...
But these are the same flags that Moss had as well...

Good comparison as far as both coming out of college. Talented with flags. What they have done in the pros is the big difference.

Moss apparently had some problems with the league substance abuse policy, but straightened up enough to never face a suspension. I don't know if he stays as clean if he ended up in Dallas, but you can't deny the talent and numbers.

Rogers was a talent. Now it doesn't look like it. He can't beat the leagues policies and now doesn't seem capable of making it at the higher level. Dallas was never in a position to draft him and he wasn't going to be traded. Possible cut this spring and free agent look see for a cheap price. Other than that, he is looking less and less desirable.

Hiero

Reaction score
Glover OR ellis AND a 1st rd pick. nobody offered this please show me the quote, and ill show u a dumbarse.

Jersey

Reaction score
Worse than those dopes were the many who drooled over Kevin Jones in the draft. He's turned out to be a real blue chipper. I remember stating many time on this board that he's afraid to run the ball inside. Absolutly all of his runs at VT showed this. Yet many were enamoured with him besting outside against, Temple, Rutgers, and Columbia. I was watching the Lions game 2 weeks ago, he again avoided a hole to the inside to go outside for no gain. The Lions announcers brutally ripped him saying "when will he realize he's not in college anymore, he's killing us. Just goes to show that too many people form their entire sports opinion after watching one highlight on ESPN.
Thats also why half of the world love Michael Vick. Believe it or not, yesterday I heard the Fox announcers say that in 5-6 years, when MV really understands this offense, he'll be a great passing QB. What franchise has a 5-6 plan for a QB? My Grandmom will understand the offense in 5-6 years!

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
i hate when people say "so and so can't stay healthy" like its their fault. ITS NOT A CHOICE, injury's happen, some players are more prone but for 95 % of the league it just is freak stuff that happens. Roy was always healthy when he was playing at Texas, and has only been hurt a few times in the NFL. just dont blame him its not his choice.

Geez, really? I thought players broke their foot or tweaked their hamstring so that they could miss some games? Damn, what a revalation that is to me? :rolleyes:

Why would any injury be a choice? Thats really foolish to even think that. You should really look up Roy Williams history in Texas, he has had several Hamstring and other minor health issues throughout his Texas playind days.

Like BP said, being healthy is part of being great. Whether its bad luck or not, if not Bo Jackson probably would have been Greatest Runner ever most likely. Or probably Gale Sayers might have been all time yards leader in NFL? Heck one could make a case for Terrel Davis too.

Oh, in 24 games that Roy Williams has been in NFL, I think he has been on injured list for like 18 or so games. So its not few games nor has been NFL for few years. Its good to know your facts before you start arguing.