Remembering 20th Century Fox's X-Men Movies

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I figure there will be some superhero fatigue after the Infinity War culmination. I agree with you on the lackluster impact of those entries. I assume they will be single serving films. Maybe a lull for a year or so will allow the fanbase to get geeked up for the entries of FF and X-men. I doubt we'll see any 10 year arcs again.

No, I doubt that too. But I'm not seeing that next 'big draw' on the horizon either. I hope we'll see something at Comic Con or D23 later this summer.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will be interesting to see what the future holds for Daredevil and the rest of the Defenders.
Interesting is an understatement. Each of the already cancelled shows ended with unresolved cliffhangers.

Daredevil - Bullseye is alive and getting technologically augmented.
Iron Fist - Danny harnessed the power of Iron Fist in both hands/White Iron Fist Colleen is New York City's devoted 'Daughter of the Dragon'
Luke Cage - Luke is a legitimate mega boss seemingly on the fence between good and evil.
Defenders - Well I do not remember a cliffhanger but someone or something always attacks NYC at some point.
The Punisher - Frank began his cross-country (and maybe intercontinental) punishment tour.

Jessica Jones is the last one after she deals with Foolkiller.

I know some viewers dislike Finn Jones and/or his show but I think he and each of his peer shows' headliners are all superb casting. Heck, I love Krysten Ritter simply for her character's drunken, depressive, irritable anti-hero complex. Plus, I find Ritter is extremely cute. I hope Disney will allow her and the rest the opportunity to continue their fictional storylines.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be nice if they just approached them with a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality. I really would hate to see another Daredevil movie like the first one.
I do not know but it would not surprise me if Charlie Cox and Elodie Yung could do a much better job as Daredevil and Elektra in a movie than Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner did, lol.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I do not know but it would not surprise me if Charlie Cox and Elodie Yung could do a much better job as Daredevil and Elektra in a movie than Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner did, lol.
I'm sure they can, but the real question is would they be allowed to or would Disney just try to make it more family friendly and/or recast?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Interesting is an understatement. Each of the already cancelled shows ended with unresolved cliffhangers.

Daredevil - Bullseye is alive and getting technologically augmented.
Iron Fist - Danny harnessed the power of Iron Fist in both hands/White Iron Fist Colleen is New York City's devoted 'Daughter of the Dragon'
Luke Cage - Luke is a legitimate mega boss seemingly on the fence between good and evil.
Defenders - Well I do not remember a cliffhanger but someone or something always attacks NYC at some point.
The Punisher - Frank began his cross-country (and maybe intercontinental) punishment tour.

Jessica Jones is the last one after she deals with Foolkiller.

I know some viewers dislike Finn Jones and/or his show but I think he and each of his peer shows' headliners are all superb casting. Heck, I love Krysten Ritter simply for her character's drunken, depressive, irritable anti-hero complex. Plus, I find Ritter is extremely cute. I hope Disney will allow her and the rest the opportunity to continue their fictional storylines.
I thought casting Finn Jones a little questionable, but have warmed to him. I like Ritter as JJ, the only issue I have is for being a depressed drunk, she looks too good at times.....lol She never has that rough around the edges look after one of her benders, she still looks too cute......lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought casting Finn Jones a little questionable, but have warmed to him. I like Ritter as JJ, the only issue I have is for being a depressed drunk, she looks too good at times.....lol She never has that rough around the edges look after one of her benders, she still looks too cute......lol
Some women can pull it off. Back in my early twenties before I met my wife, I was in a relationship with a young woman who shared a lot of qualities with Ritter's character--extremely intelligent, a wise***, defiant, fearless and compassionate for anyone (even strangers) whenever the mood struck her.

Her father passed away when she was a young girl. She was a well-adjusted individual but he left a real hole in her soul that she often partied and drank to forget about. And she was a former high school homecoming queen to boot. Extremely cute.

We could do shots until 2 am but she would get up before 7, wash her face (that's it) and was ready for the day. No makeup. All I could ever say to myself was dammmmmn...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would state Black Panther 2 would likely enjoy similar box office impact as its $1.3+ billion predecessor. Differing fans' opinion aside, I think Disney would speculate BP 2 as a potential powerhouse given recent ticket sales.
I personally didn't care much for BP, but for some reason, I could see a second installment being better. Possibly because I've now accepted the ridiculous amount of technology, and because after being part of the battle with Thanos, I see it more as part of the Marvel Universe than I did when the first one came out.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe resilient skin is another superpower.

John813

Reaction score
C- overall.

X1 was good. X2 was alright and X3 was dumb. Although I did always like Vinnie Jones as the Juggernaut. Corny *** line, but stupid funny at the same time.

All the wolverine based movies were bad, outside of Logan, which was the best of the series.

First class series wasn't bad, but the third one to me had the potential, but was meh overall. Good casting for the main characters.

Shame Hugh Jackman was wasted by poor writing and FOX for this series.

Last edited:

joseephuss

Reaction score
I'd love for Marvel to start with FF and get Doom introduced into the universe. He's the villain the MCU needs. Between them and whatever one-off character movie they introduce, it could easly be 5 years before the X-men need to be brought in. By FF2, Galactus/Silver Surfer can be introduced and now the MCU is ready for Secret Wars, taking all my money.

Just have a Dr Doom movie. He has enough of a history to pull off a 1 1/2 to 2 hour movie about his origins without including the Fantastic Four.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Jessica Jones. I find the stories boring. I also don't understand how she walks around wearing a leather jacket seconds after her character complaining it is a hot summer and you can see people in the background wearing shorts.

aria

Reaction score
I’m sure a lot of people are burned out on Wolverine but I really hope they continue something with X-23, specifically Dafne Keen. I liked her character and thought she did a tremendous job acting, they could easily incorporate her into other films or even make a series of her own for years to come.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I personally didn't care much for BP, but for some reason, I could see a second installment being better. Possibly because I've now accepted the ridiculous amount of technology, and because after being part of the battle with Thanos, I see it more as part of the Marvel Universe than I did when the first one came out.
If there is one certainty on this site, it is our mutual capability of discovering our fellow members likes and dislikes. :laugh:

I, for one, am not fully confident Black Panther will reach the 3-film plateau already established by Iron Man, Thor and Captain America for solo-led franchises. My head says raking $1 billion plus and the possibility of repeating that super goal should remove doubt but I have an uneasy feeling BP will cap at two films total. We'll see eventually.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not a fan of Jessica Jones. I find the stories boring. I also don't understand how she walks around wearing a leather jacket seconds after her character complaining it is a hot summer and you can see people in the background wearing shorts.
It should not serve as an excuse but the explanation for the jacket is simple. Jessica was happy and in love before her P.I. days. The jacket is the only thing she has left of that life and a reminder of everything she lost when her boyfriend was killed, ironically by her mother. Jessica wears the jacket way too often for that reason.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All the wolverine based movies were bad, outside of Logan, which was the best of the series.
Is your opinion that Logan was best in his series of solo movies only or best of all the X-Men movies combined? I consider Logan as the best in the entire mutants franchise, as illustrated in my OP animated gif. My opinion is in the minority during some discussions, both on and off the forum, but I am always curious whenever I think someone agrees with my take of the movie. :p

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I haven't seen Dark Phoenix yet and it'll probably be awhile before I see it, I'll probably wait to rent it. Nevertheless I have seen all the other 20th Century Fox X-Men movies and the best one is:
UIrTAAT.jpg

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deadpool 1 & 2 contain bushels of the character's snappy remarks. Does anyone remember the sarcasm behind the character's quote from Deadpool 2 I included in my animated gif OP?