Remembering 20th Century Fox's X-Men Movies

John813

Reaction score
Is your opinion that Logan was best in his series of solo movies only or best of all the X-Men movies combined? I consider Logan as the best in the entire mutants franchise, as illustrated in my OP animated gif. My opinion is in the minority during some discussions, both on and off the forum, but I am always curious whenever I think someone agrees with my take of the movie. :p

Both lol.

Way I took it, the wolverine series was still in that current X-Men world, but just focused heavily on Wolverine.
Logan is somber finale for the X-Men world.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deadpool 1 & 2 contain bushels of the character's snappy remarks. Does anyone remember the sarcasm behind the character's quote from Deadpool 2 I included in my animated gif OP?
No one bit on the question, so here is the answer, lol. There is a scene with Cable telling Deadpool that an out of control teenaged mutant was a lost cause and should be killed. Deadpool, who was trying to save the kid from himself, snaps back at Cable with, "Zip it Thanos!"

It is a great line given Cable was played by Josh Brolin, who did the voicework for Thanos. :laugh:

nobody

Reaction score
No one bit on the question, so here is the answer, lol. There is a scene with Cable telling Deadpool that an out of control teenaged mutant was a lost cause and should be killed. Deadpool, who was trying to save the kid from himself, snaps back at Cable with, "Zip it Thanos!"

It is a great line given Cable was played by Josh Brolin, who did the voicework for Thanos. :laugh:

I caught it when I saw it in the theater. It about killed me cause I was taking a drink at the time.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
X-Men: The Last Stand - written by Simon Kinberg
Dark Phoenix - written and directed by Simon Kinberg

I am beginning to understand me how @stasheroo feels about Zach Snyder. Kinberg should be shot... with water guns... loaded with 32.1 degree F water...

It is like Kinberg was picked to write TLS, handed the Dark Phoenix comics, shrugged and tossed them into the garbage. Then people who knew the story told him he was way off. Years later, he gets another shot to write, skimmed through each issue really fast and chunked them in the trash. :facepalm:

nobody

Reaction score

I am beginning to understand me how @stasheroo feels about Zach Snyder. Kinberg should be shot... with water guns... loaded with 32.1 degree F water...

It is like Kinberg was picked to write TLS, handed the Dark Phoenix comics, shrugged and tossed them into the garbage. Then people who knew the story told him he was way off. Years later, he gets another shot to write, skimmed through each issue really fast and chunked them in the trash. :facepalm:

Why would anyone trust the guy that botched it so bad in the first place?
Were they all new execs and believed him when he said "That wasn't me, that was a different Simon Kinberg from a different reality. I'll do it right. Trust me."

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

tenor.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would anyone trust the guy that botched it so bad in the first place?
Were they all new execs and believed him when he said "That wasn't me, that was a different Simon Kinberg from a different reality. I'll do it right. Trust me."

It was a Fox executive decision. The same people that have effectively butchered this property from day one. Think about it, they once had control over all of the top characters Marvel had, and through their own bungling, Marvel now has them all back. And now every movie property Fox once had as well.