Video: Remembering Sept 11th

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by GMO415, Sep 10, 2019.

1. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

7,416 Messages
    13,166 Likes Received
    When I was a professor, I would always show this Academy Award winning Doc. I still remember and I'm still pissed.

Big_D, quickccc, aria and 14 others like this.
  2. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

9,851 Messages
    10,478 Likes Received
    May God bless the USA, the veterans, and those who must mourn the loss of the victims of that horrendous day.

Tabascocat, Xelda, cowboy_ron and 8 others like this.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

76,402 Messages
    44,009 Likes Received
  4. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

19,584 Messages
    37,224 Likes Received
    I'm right across the East River from Ground Zero this morning, and to my surprise I didn't see the two towers of light they've been displaying for years now. It may just be the low clouds blocking them, but I was pretty disappointed not to see them today.

Melonfeud, aria, Tabascocat and 8 others like this.
  5. IndianaCowboys1994

IndianaCowboys1994 Well-Known Member

1,025 Messages
    994 Likes Received
    Thanks for starting this thread, I wanted to do the same thing. I was in 1st grade when this happened. Was in total shock and just confused. Not that it was important, but I remember there being no sports on that whole week. It really showed the magnitude of 9/11.

Tabascocat, DFWJC, Xelda and 2 others like this.
  6. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

7,416 Messages
    13,166 Likes Received
    I think we will never forget that morning and where we were when it happened

Melonfeud, aria, Tabascocat and 8 others like this.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

45,741 Messages
    32,611 Likes Received
    Two guys that work with in Dallas were in NYC for a meeting that day.

They were in the 2nd tower on about the 4th floor when the first tower was hit
    We were on a conference call with them at the time.
    The building intercom was telling everyone to stay put even after the 2nd one was hit.
    We were saying get out of there.

They all hit the stairs--which were filling up fast--and went all the way down.
    On the way down, they kept passing fire fighters on the way UP.

Both men made it out and ducked into the subway below ground, but were covered in white dust as the building was coming down while they were running on the street toward the subway.

Obviously the first responders that they saw were buried.

Surreal and life-changing stuff.

8. paladin

paladin Well-Known Member

569 Messages
    871 Likes Received
    Too grim of a story to give you a like
    But thanks for posting this!!!

DFWJC, Xelda, GMO415 and 1 other person like this.
  9. IndianaCowboys1994

IndianaCowboys1994 Well-Known Member

1,025 Messages
    994 Likes Received
    Glad you said to get out of there. Saved lives.

10. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

16,250 Messages
    38,732 Likes Received
    [​IMG]
    Thank you for sharing. We need to keep the stories going so we may NEVER EVER FORGET!!!!

:huh: 9/11/2001 was more than grim.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    John813, Tabascocat, Xelda and 5 others like this.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

45,741 Messages
    32,611 Likes Received
    near the 40th floor, not 4th.
    Took what seemed like forever to get out...and just in time.

Started encountering people going up in the final few floors.

Never forget

The Wall Street Journal actually had a story that included them and other survivors.

12. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack Zone Supporter

18,733 Messages
    19,921 Likes Received
    I read a story about a female fighter pilot that was going to kamikaze United flight 93 before it went down....amazing story and sacrifice. Not sure why it took 18 years to hear about this.

I also watched a video of people calling loved ones from the airplanes and the towers. It was heart-wrenching yet made me furious at the same time.

13. sulu1701

sulu1701 Active Member

180 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    I was in my office when my wife called me to tell me that a plane had crashed into the WTC, and as we were talking, the 2nd plane hit, and not long after I got off the phone with her, the fire alarm in my building went off and we had to evacuate because I work in a gov't office, it was after we got outside, that the news started filtering in about the Pentagon, when I went to my night job that night which was 20 min. from NYC, I could see the F-16's circling the city as I drove down the Parkway

14. Xelda

Xelda Well-Known Member

3,201 Messages
    9,774 Likes Received
    It will always be an open wound

15. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

18,019 Messages
    30,537 Likes Received
    I had felt all of the emotions and feelings before: anger, confusion, dread, fear, sadness but on that day, they were all present and bouncing around so much numbness began to set in and we could not stop watching it. It was the ultimate train wreck to watch as several of us were trying to reach clients that had their businesses in the towers. It would be days before we could find out that they were safe.

I cannot bear to look at old movies with a New York setting when the towers were such a landmark of the best skyline in the world.

It was a time of awareness. We had joined the world as a target. But the other side of that was the awareness of the sacrifice those that protect and save us are willing to make and I never looked at a firefighter or police officer the same way and the people at ground zero that exhausted themselves serving their fellow man were an inspiration. They were the ones that fought that feeling of helplessness that most were feeling.

16. Runwildboys

19,584 Messages
    37,224 Likes Received
    I felt more anger than anything, once the second plane hit. I'd just been reading about Bin Laden a few days prior, and the instant the second one came into view, his name jumped into my head, and I wanted him caught and killed. I thought that would happen much faster than it did, but at least they eventually got him. Sadly, the incident grew a whole new crop of terrorists, both foreign and domestic, which is even worse than the incident itself.

17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

45,741 Messages
    32,611 Likes Received
    Sad but true

And yet now, according to some, we don't eve need to have a common sense policy to at least know exactly who is coming into our county, what their background is, how long they play to stay, and what their intentions are while here.
    Open Borders baby....nothing to see here. Just look the other way.
    :facepalm:

18. Runwildboys

19,584 Messages
    37,224 Likes Received
    Well, it's been 18 years. Nobody hates us anymore, right? o_O

Melonfeud, DFWJC and Tabascocat like this.
  19. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack Zone Supporter

18,733 Messages
    19,921 Likes Received
  20. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

7,416 Messages
    13,166 Likes Received
    We heard same during last Sunday's Mass. Apparently, a few fighter jets were dispatched in such a hurry they didn't have time to be armed...period. These pilots knew it would have been a suicide run. One pilot chose to clip the tail, while the other chose to crash into the cockpit. The brave passengers of Flight 93 took matters in their own hands and stop the threat. WOW

Tabascocat likes this.