Reminder about the outcome of Skins/Eagles game

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Now I know most don't want to hear about the wildcard but isn't it all about getting in the postseason?

So if the eagles win, we play a 3-3 skins team and can move ahead in the race for 1st and 2nd wildcard by beating them next week

If the skins win, we play a 4-2 skins team and can move into 2nd place in the NFC east at 4-3 by beating them next week

So no matter the outcome, it will help the Cowboys in some way

BTW: The reason the division is a long shot is because even if the eagles lose tonight, they will still be
7-2 when they play us on Sunday night since they have the niners and broncos coming up at home. And I doubt if we are 6-3 the morning of 11/19 so that's why I am focused on the wildcard. After the eagles plays us their remaining schedule is

Bears
Seahawks
Giants
Rams
Raiders
Cowboys.

So do you see how winning the NFC East is a long shot even if the eagles lose tonight? So as much as it pains me to say it, a eagles win is actually good.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a long season, ,aybe you are conceding the divison to the Eagles. But I am not.
How,many times have we seen this, a team starts out,hot then loses later on. Giants and eagles and redksins have all done it, Commanders won by default in 2015. We didn't lose it last year after starting out strong.

Eagles could very well be 2-4 or 3-3 right now. The y could lay an egg to Denver, they could lose to the Bears and Seahawks as well

tm1119

Reaction score
It’s a cliche every year, but this year, if any year, it’s true...any given Sunday. This league is too crazy and screwed up right now to start counting wins on the schedule. Just got to beat the team in front of you. Week after week there are multiple crazy upsets no one saw coming. You’re really going tell me the Broncos are an automatic L to philly? No way in hell

tm1119

Reaction score
And just because it’s ansolutely necessary...

tenor.gif

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Now I know most don't want to hear about the wildcard but isn't it all about getting in the postseason?

So if the eagles win, we play a 3-3 skins team and can move ahead in the race for 1st and 2nd wildcard by beating them next week

If the skins win, we play a 4-2 skins team and can move into 2nd place in the NFC east at 4-3 by beating them next week

BTW: The reason the division is a long shot is because even if the eagles lose tonight, they will still be
7-2 when they play us on Sunday night since they have the niners and broncos coming up at home. And I doubt if we are 6-3 the morning of 11/19 so that's why I am focused on the wildcard. After the eagles plays us their remaining schedule is

Bears
Seahawks
Giants
Rams
Raiders
Cowboys.

So do you see how winning the NFC East is a long shot even if the eagles lose tonight? So as much as it pains me to say it, a eagles win is actually good.
This is loser talk. It's embarrassing, really......

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Bears
Seahawks
Giants
Rams
Raiders
Cowboys.

No, winning the east is not a long shot. Not at all.

That looks like a tough schedule. This wouldn't be the first time that the eagles started out well out of the gate and faded down the stretch.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
49ers - W
Broncos - toss up
Cowboys - Off a bye? W
Bears - W
Seahawks - L
Rams - toss up
Giants - W
Raiders - toss up

They get Dallas again in the finale.

Not a lot of room to make up two games if they win this.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
It is a long season, ,aybe you are conceding the divison to the Eagles. But I am not.
How,many times have we seen this, a team starts out,hot then loses later on. Giants and eagles and redksins have all done it, Commanders won by default in 2015. We didn't lose it last year after starting out strong.

Eagles could very well be 2-4 or 3-3 right now. The y could lay an egg to Denver, they could lose to the Bears and Seahawks as well

Seattle is their only challenging matchup after 11/19 until week 17

reddyuta

Reaction score
skins D is not good enough to stop the eagle or the cowboys.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
49ers - W
Broncos - toss up
Cowboys - Off a bye? W
Bears - W
Seahawks - L
Rams - toss up
Giants - W
Raiders - toss up

They get Dallas again in the finale.

Not a lot of room to make up two games if they win this.

Even if they lose it's not a lot of room.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Man did anyone see the broncos play yesterday? How did we get beat so bad by them?

Zman5

Reaction score
Watching the Giants beat Denver and Bears beat Panthers, there is no such thing as an automatic win. Well maybe against the Browns but my point is I wouldn't automatically assume the EaGirls will beat both 49ners and the Broncos next two weeks.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

Bears
Seahawks
Giants
Rams
Raiders
Cowboys.

I have seen it so many times over the decades enough to almost routinely want our next opponent to win their game before. I would rather play a satisfied Commanders team than a pissed off and closer to desperate Commander team next week