Reminder about the outcome of Skins/Eagles game

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Now I know most don't want to hear about the wildcard but isn't it all about getting in the postseason?

So if the eagles win, we play a 3-3 skins team and can move ahead in the race for 1st and 2nd wildcard by beating them next week

If the skins win, we play a 4-2 skins team and can move into 2nd place in the NFC east at 4-3 by beating them next week

So no matter the outcome, it will help the Cowboys in some way

BTW: The reason the division is a long shot is because even if the eagles lose tonight, they will still be
7-2 when they play us on Sunday night since they have the niners and broncos coming up at home. And I doubt if we are 6-3 the morning of 11/19 so that's why I am focused on the wildcard. After the eagles plays us their remaining schedule is

Bears
Seahawks
Giants
Rams
Raiders
Cowboys.

So do you see how winning the NFC East is a long shot even if the eagles lose tonight? So as much as it pains me to say it, a eagles win is actually good.
we have a tough road to hoe..because we gave away wins to LA and greenbay...we will need to play mistake free and out coach rival teams next 10 games...and stay healthy..and somehow find a good run defense...our back seven playing good against pass...but tough sledding giving away those two games

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just gotta keep winning. If we can get on a win streak like last year, it won't matter what the rest of the division does
mr dag---- you nailed it...regardless of anyone else...if we can get on win streak...we will make post season

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watching the Giants beat Denver and Bears beat Panthers, there is no such thing as an automatic win. Well maybe against the Browns but my point is I wouldn't automatically assume the EaGirls will beat both 49ners and the Broncos next two weeks.

Was just going to post the same thing. There are likelihoods, and then there's what actually happens. As long as those things aren't necessarily the same, you just keep chopping wood and see where you end up. Nobody had us losing to the Rams to start the season. And everybody thought that ATL game was going to be a backbreaker. Nobody thought the Panthers could beat the Pats at home. You never know how it ends up, and anybody saying they do is selling something.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope cousins plays like a man possessed tonight.

With the PHI LBs hurting, I'd expect Thompson to have a big night tonight. Add it to the downfield passing game with Darby out, and I'd say there's a good chance the Commanders can move the ball.

Tough to beat the Eagles in their house, though, with your two starting CBs out.

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Now I know most don't want to hear about the wildcard but isn't it all about getting in the postseason?

So if the eagles win, we play a 3-3 skins team and can move ahead in the race for 1st and 2nd wildcard by beating them next week

If the skins win, we play a 4-2 skins team and can move into 2nd place in the NFC east at 4-3 by beating them next week

So no matter the outcome, it will help the Cowboys in some way

BTW: The reason the division is a long shot is because even if the eagles lose tonight, they will still be
7-2 when they play us on Sunday night since they have the niners and broncos coming up at home. And I doubt if we are 6-3 the morning of 11/19 so that's why I am focused on the wildcard. After the eagles plays us their remaining schedule is

Bears
Seahawks
Giants
Rams
Raiders
Cowboys.

So do you see how winning the NFC East is a long shot even if the eagles lose tonight? So as much as it pains me to say it, a eagles win is actually good.
To be honest i can see Philly winning only 1 of those games and that's against 49ers. They might lose that one too.

irving

Reaction score
Watching the Giants beat Denver and Bears beat Panthers, there is no such thing as an automatic win. Well maybe against the Browns but my point is I wouldn't automatically assume the EaGirls will beat both 49ners and the Broncos next two weeks.
You are dead on, this is the NFL, the Eagles can lose to any of those teams remaining on their schedule. NFL games take on their own personality from game to game. Unlike college games, where one team can have a tremendous talent and physical advantage. NFL teams are very close in talent for the most part. NFL players don’t usually step onto the field fearing the opponent.

stiletto

Reaction score
You are dead on, this is the NFL, the Eagles can lose to any of those teams remaining on their schedule. NFL games take on their own personality from game to game. Unlike college games, where one team can have a tremendous talent and physical advantage. NFL teams are very close in talent for the most part. NFL players don’t usually step onto the field fearing the opponent.

Teams usually don't separate until around Thanksgiving. Things can change really fast. Teams that are up can go down, vice versa. Injuries, people come back from injuries, etc. Just never know how it is going to shake out unless you are like 0-7 already. I am mainly talking about these 3-3 type teams. If Dallas can stay healthy and get the right guys in on D. I think we can win every game we play but that's big if. If you don't have Belichek things just sometimes have to fall right.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Well the division is likely a long shot, but as far as the wild card goes, things fell pretty favorably for Dallas this weekend. Need to keep Sean Lee healthy to keep the defense serviceable and we should be right in the thick of things down the stretch.

After the gut wrenching losses to the Rams and Packers, a chance is about all you can hope for and we've got it.

Aven8

Reaction score
Phillys corners are lousy and they
just lost there best offensive lineman. Let's see how this thing goes for awhile folks. Wash just struggled to beat San Fran.

Sydla

Reaction score
Phillys corners are lousy and they
just lost there best offensive lineman. Let's see how this thing goes for awhile folks. Wash just struggled to beat San Fran.

Their MLB might be cooked as well.

But they have two fairly easy home games coming up. I'd bet my mortgage on there being no chance they lose to the 49ers.

That front four is going to destroy CJ Beathard.