Replace all the offensive coaches, but keep Garrett?

OhSnap

Reaction score
LOL Landry talk. Always cute when you compare clownshoes to a guy that was a top notch coach taking over an expansion team with no expansion draft.

PS. Bellichick won the division and a playoff game with the Browns in their last season.

PPS. Coughlin took an expansion team to the AFC Champs game and won 2 playoff games in his second season.

Educate yourself before your wreck yourself.

If wanna pretend those coaches were great in they're first three years then put on your dress and have a tea party while your at it. If you think Tom Coughlin was great because he backed into the playoffs with a 9-7 record with the Jags then you must think Garrett is pretty close to beeing great with his 8-8 record, Please have fun diggin through the history of the NFL to prove Garrett sucks. They won just as many SB games as Garrett in they're first 3 years and their over all record aint from squat. But please enjoy yourself braggin about a coach that made the playoffs with a 9-7 record with 2 different teams while you talkin junk about one that hasn't made it yet with an 8-8 record.

waving monkey

Reaction score
That is the nature of the business more so than it is Jason Garrett. Many coaches have turned teams around in less time than Garrett. Since he has been here, the offense has devolved, not evolved and so has the defense.

Look at the list of coaches 9 above and 5 below... all who put together their teams with less time than Garrett... You can't argue against the facts, so just dismiss it? Congrats, I guess..

I agree with the slow turn around. I do get it. I'll be patient a while longer. There has been a tear down going on.
But still Red has been less a brilliant coach then I had thought. I'am giving it another two years before I start
heating the tar and pluckin chickens.

OhSnap

Reaction score
I missed the coughlin reference. It has never taken Coughlin more than 2 years to get his team into the playoffs...

Well you know if Coughlin made the playoffs with his 9-7 record it must mean Garrett sucks with his 8-8 record. You know how important that 1 game is right?

waving monkey

Reaction score
Well you know if Coughlin made the playoffs with his 9-7 record it must mean Garrett sucks with his 8-8 record. You know how important that 1 game is right?

I hate to state the obvious but a Lombardy came along with it but maybe thats your point.

Galian Beast

Reaction score

Every game is important in the NFL... the difference between 8-8 and 9-7 when your coach costs you games is the difference between going to the playoffs and not going to the playoffs... Not once, not twice, but thrice...

Reactions: Coy

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Tom Coughlin's first 4 years at each stop
jaguars
4-12
9-7
11-5
11-5

Playoffs? 3/4 years (expansion team)

giants
6-10
11-5
8-8
10-6

playoffs? 3/4 years

Yeah... Garrett is really just as good...

OhSnap

Reaction score
I hate to state the obvious but a Lombardy came along with it but maybe thats your point.

Every game is important in the NFL... the difference between 8-8 and 9-7 when your coach costs you games is the difference between going to the playoffs and not going to the playoffs... Not once, not twice, but thrice...

Well we started with a list of coaches that supposedly are the standard for deciding Garrett dont measure up but then we ignore the first head coach the Cowboys ever had just to prove that the HC we have now sucks LOL Too bad Landry didn't win enough with his expansion team then maybe he could be considered as good of a coach as Coughlin and his Jaguars.

OhSnap

Reaction score
Tom Coughlin's first 4 years at each stop
jaguars
4-12
9-7
11-5
11-5

Playoffs? 3/4 years (expansion team)

giants
6-10
11-5
8-8
10-6

playoffs? 3/4 years

Yeah... Garrett is really just as good...

NIce you figured out their first 4 years. I guess that fluffs up the numbers pretty good against a 3 year coach LOL

waving monkey

Reaction score
Still I'll factor in the old,injured,mediocre talent that has been mentioned here ad nauseum.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Garret is gonna be president one day with his politicking and blame dodging.

Linehan is another chuck and duck type coordinator. I expect the status quo and maybe even a regression from the red zone production of last season.

Is it possible we will get banned from nfl play next season?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Please. He has a QB which is more than a fair share of the league can say.

And we're well beyond any sort of period where the lack of talent doesn't reflect poorly on Garrett.

If the team is lacking talent now after 3 seasons, how many more until they have just an average amount of talent?

Why don't you ask the GM? Is it the coach's fault that the GM sank what, 16 million into Ratliff, Spencer and Austin who gave us absolutely nothing? Again, 20-36 talent, 29-27 record. People who act like this is some great team held back by coaching just expose how little they actually watch what's going on.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
29-27 record with about 20-36 talent. Give him an extension.

If Jerry Jones believed half of what he tries to sell us about Garrett each year, he would.

I also think it would mean a lot to the team if he did that as well. Put your faith in your handpicked Frankentraineecoach.

But he won't.

Probably for a reason he honestly will never say unless you corner him drunk in a piano bar late one night.

cml750

Reaction score
I hate Garrett as a HC, he has proven he is awful at the job, I don't understand how is he still the HC this year.
Saying all that, we've discussed this thing a thousand times, bottom line, he is still the HC of the Dallas Cowboys, I hope he proves me wrong and has a very succesful season.

I agree. I have no doubt he will fail miserably but would love nothing more than to be proved wrong.

visionary

Reaction score
Why don't you ask the GM? Is it the coach's fault that the GM sank what, 16 million into Ratliff, Spencer and Austin who gave us absolutely nothing? Again, 20-36 talent, 29-27 record. People who act like this is some great team held back by coaching just expose how little they actually watch what's going on.

skating on thin ice buddy
uncle jerry doesnt like criticism from his favorite nephew

visionary

Reaction score
I wouldn't know about his mirrors Vision .I try to enjoy football not turn a game I love
into a moral drama.

you are the one who talked about accountability, not me

so its a moral issue to be ignored when talking about garrett but not a moral issue when talking about others?

interesting perspective

waving monkey

Reaction score
you are the one who talked about accountability, not me

so its a moral issue to be ignored when talking about garrett but not a moral issue when talking about others?

interesting perspective

I was first responding to another posters comment on "accountability".
The "broken mirrors' in Reds house just seemed a little dramatic.
But to your point, I know many are unhappy with Garrett. I'm giving him time.