Replacing Heath among top priorities

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I know he's a fan favorite here and was continually ticketed as better than Byron(despite many logical explanations to the contra) from those that get sucked into flashy plays once every blue moon.

He's a big reason towards our loss on Saturday.

Luckily the safety market has cratered, and finding an upgrade for Heath should be extremely easy.

Ya,well,,,you ought to just you-tube & watch the first 5 minutes of that Seahag's game
( condensed hi-lights) of victorious false hope fame,,, #38 was looking to me like HE was the teams LEADING TACKLER on that side of the ball,,,er,,,just saying yer' eyes don't lie,,,ah,,, unless of course the numbers prove otherwise,,, maybeo_O

lostar2009

Reaction score
ET is a broken down undersized safety looking for a massive end of career payout at this point. Awuzie has much more value as a corner than he does as a poor talking safety. Its not like there aren't much better options out there!

Like who Collins??? Better off going with ET. We need a coverge safety. Name a better safety on the market rhth ????

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I know he's a fan favorite here and was continually ticketed as better than Byron(despite many logical explanations to the contra) from those that get sucked into flashy plays once every blue moon.

He's a big reason towards our loss on Saturday.

Luckily the safety market has cratered, and finding an upgrade for Heath should be extremely easy.

No, lad, sadly, the priority is QB.

Eanwen

Reaction score
After this season I think the priorities are:
1. Improving our run defense. Yeah I know we were good overall but we were horrible against at least 2 teams the Rams and the Colts and they were playoff teams. I think we got ran on by some others but I forget who they were.

2. Improving our pass offense. I'm not sold on Dak, but it looks like the Jones' are. Given that we need to get him a great TE, shore up the line (maybe getting Travis back and getting Conor bulked up will solve most of the problems, but who knows for sure), and maybe another WR to go with Gallup and Cooper (my preference is an outside guy and kick Cooper to slot on 3 wides or someone who is good at both outside and slot,

3. Get better at ints/turnovers in general. Don't know if we need new personnel, scheme, and/or coaching but we must get better at this.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
From DC site, BB, free lancing get you cut in the NFL unless you are a super star
"I initially thought Jeff Heath might have lost the ball, but he was in man coverage on Gerald Everett, who was blocking Tyrone Crawford on the play. Heath could have gambled and just dropped the assignment and gone after Goff but he didn’t. The bigger problem was that they couldn’t get anyone in the flat quick enough to keep Goff from converting."
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/scout-s-eye-what-went-wrong-on-defense
there it is, I know dallas preaches just do your job, which means let us genius coaches do the thinking, and do what your assignment is on
each play.
even vanderesch looked bad on that play.
There is nothing wrong with heath, till they can get a rd 1 safety.

exciter

Reaction score
Come on! Can't say ET is done but unable to name a replacement. I'm giving names.
Broken ankle in 2 of the last 3 years and has missed time in all 3. Joiner and Swearinger are both better options both health wise and contract wise. Not paying this guy the massive contract he wants. After 5 years of Lee not being able to stay on the field, why add another player that cant do the same. Build from the draft!

dallas72

Reaction score
We play Heath at SS, where his lack of agility is a problem. He's better as a single high FS where he can keep the play in front of him, and use his speed to close. He was starting to get us some INTs when we let him do that in the back half of 2017.
Heath is terrible in coverage..that's why hes a SS hes better upfront in the box

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Heath is terrible in coverage..that's why hes a SS hes better upfront in the box

He's bad in man coverage, good in over the top zone, where he can make use of his speed. We haven't had a player breaks on the ball as hard as Heath forever.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Landon Collins isn’t leaving NY. Lol if they don’t franchise him we better be all over him.

Brax

Reaction score
How about 3rd and 7. Do or die, have to get the ball back to stay alive. And Jeff Heath stood there like a deer in the headlights and let slow azzz goff run for the first.
was answered already, he played his assignment. am I happy about no but he did exactly what he is told to do.

Brax

Reaction score
I saw about ten replays of Goff's first down run that finally sealed the win and Health had outside responsibility and got sucked inside.

If you watch the play I have no idea what he was doing. For some reason he was on the corner but edged in closer to the line of scrimmage and took a step in right when Goff rolled out and there was no containment and it was game over. That had to be his responsibility.
if you go to the DC site BB has a break down, he played it to his responsibility the back. should he of freelanced that is another question but not the one in question.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Broken ankle in 2 of the last 3 years and has missed time in all 3. Joiner and Swearinger are both better options both health wise and contract wise. Not paying this guy the massive contract he wants. After 5 years of Lee not being able to stay on the field, why add another player that cant do the same. Build from the draft!

ET had an ankle issue but is still above them scrubs! A healthy ET single handed destroyed the Cowboys! I wonder why Swearinger is still roaming the streets? You want stray cats then cry about an experience safety.

LittleD

Reaction score
ET had an ankle issue but is still above them scrubs! A healthy ET single handed destroyed the Cowboys! I wonder why Swearinger is still roaming the streets? You want stray cats then cry about an experience safety.

You can forget ET. He wants to be the highest paid safety and he is pushing 32 years of age. Stephen is not spending big bucks on a safety. Safety is not a money5 NFL position. You can whine but, he's not coming to Dallas.

Brax

Reaction score
Sure, with 1 timeout and Rams in 3rd and 7, Heath didn't keep to the inside and allowed Goff to run for 11 yards to get the first down and run out the rest of the clock. Had Heath stayed true he would have been able to chase Goff down preventing the first down and getting the ball back to the offense to tie the game. Instead Heath took the bait and crashed inside
The Jared Goff scramble at the end of the game essentially ended the season.
again I am not a big Jeff H fan but you can not blame a player playing his responsibility in a given D that goes squarely on the D call and coaches, and I know Richard is the darling but that s the way it is. On the flip side I believe JH is not a very good safety but Richard seems to disagree with me. Enjoy the off season

lostar2009

Reaction score
You can forget ET. He wants to be the highest paid safety and he is pushing 32 years of age. Stephen is not spending big bucks on a safety. Safety is not a money5 NFL position. You can whine but, he's not coming to Dallas.

This is why our back end will continue to suffer. I'll take a 32 year old, one leg ET over Heath.

Brax

Reaction score
there it is, I know dallas preaches just do your job, which means let us genius coaches do the thinking, and do what your assignment is on
each play.
even vanderesch looked bad on that play.
There is nothing wrong with heath, till they can get a rd 1 safety.
I wish more folk read that article it looks bad but if you played any form of organized football- assignment first, do your job. I don't think JH is good safety but apparently the DC coaching staff is happy with him. I believe that it was a bad Defense call on the coach. have a great off season. because