Replacing Heath among top priorities

LittleD

Reaction score
This is why our back end will continue to suffer. I'll take a 32 year old, one leg ET over Heath.

Of course... All of us have had to live with the Cowboy organization for decades. The current inept coaching staff loves Heath and he's cheap and will continue for at least a couple more years. That's just the nature of the Cowboys and if you want to be a fan of a winner, you may have to pick a new team.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
john who???? it may be true, but again if he is this bad why does he keep starting? (and please no the coaches are stupid)

Why the hell does it matter who John is if he's simply stating facts? It is true, and he keeps starting because we have no other options. We carry two box safeties o the roster, the other being 3rd year 6th rounder Kavon Frazier who is used strictly for special teams. Heath wouldn't start on any other team.

HungryLion

Reaction score
was answered already, he played his assignment. am I happy about no but he did exactly what he is told to do.

BS.

His assignment was the TE who then cracked down and he was blocking. Heath had a clear view of Goff rolling out. Somebody has to break their assignment to account for him. Heath had the best chance on the defense to do the right thing and make the play.

He didn’t.
He also made zero plays the rest of the 2 playoff games also, btw.

Again, he is a backup level player.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
again I am not a big Jeff H fan but you can not blame a player playing his responsibility in a given D that goes squarely on the D call and coaches, and I know Richard is the darling but that s the way it is. On the flip side I believe JH is not a very good safety but Richard seems to disagree with me. Enjoy the off season
That's the problem Heath didn't play his responsibility on the Goff run

exciter

Reaction score
ET had an ankle issue but is still above them scrubs! A healthy ET single handed destroyed the Cowboys! I wonder why Swearinger is still roaming the streets? You want stray cats then cry about an experience safety.
Lol! History has repeatedly shown signing FA after 30 is poor roster management and you want to give the epitome of why you dont, the massive contract he wants. Yeah, single handedly destroyed them on a couple of dropped passes! OK if you say so!

lostar2009

Reaction score
Of course... All of us have had to live with the Cowboy organization for decades. The current inept coaching staff loves Heath and he's cheap and will continue for at least a couple more years. That's just the nature of the Cowboys and if you want to be a fan of a winner, you may have to pick a new team.

JJ know how to win but not how to bring glory. Little spots like Safety, DT, and OL continue to plague this team. I recall a stretch where this team refuse to draft offensivene lineman.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Lol! History has repeatedly shown signing FA after 30 is poor roster management and you want to give the epitome of why you dont, the massive contract he wants. Yeah, single handedly destroyed them on a couple of dropped passes! OK if you say so!

Drop passes or not. A 1 12 leg ET still capitalize on the situation! Good safety play is being in the correct area when the ball is thrown. I've seen soooo many times where Heath is late! Right now bringing in a couple of season vets can help this team. A season quality FS and DT would do wonders for this team. True, they are in their 30's but I wouldn't break the bank for ET. 2 year deal worth about 15-20 mill guarantee. Or if he do decided to pay for more years it won't be guarantee. If anything no more than 20 mill G.

LittleD

Reaction score
JJ know how to win but not how to bring glory. Little spots like Safety, DT, and OL continue to plague this team. I recall a stretch where this team refuse to draft offensivene lineman.

You are unfortunately right. Jerry/Stephen want to play "money ball" and win championships on the cheap like back in the 90's with no
salary cap. They only want to pay "big money" to money5 star players who will bring patrons to the stadium. The Cowboys do have quite
a few players to give contracts to this year including a DE and a QB.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
You are unfortunately right. Jerry/Stephen want to play "money ball" and win championships on the cheap like back in the 90's with no
salary cap. They only want to pay "big money" to money5 star players who will bring patrons to the stadium. The Cowboys do have quite
a few players to give contracts to this year including a DE and a QB.

Right, so it's not exactly going to be easy to just sign ET.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know he's a fan favorite here and was continually ticketed as better than Byron(despite many logical explanations to the contra) from those that get sucked into flashy plays once every blue moon.

He's a big reason towards our loss on Saturday.

Luckily the safety market has cratered, and finding an upgrade for Heath should be extremely easy.

Yes, he's absolutely the biggest liability for this defense. And if Frazier can't beat that out, we need to find two replacements.

exciter

Reaction score
Drop passes or not. A 1 12 leg ET still capitalize on the situation! Good safety play is being in the correct area when the ball is thrown. I've seen soooo many times where Heath is late! Right now bringing in a couple of season vets can help this team. A season quality FS and DT would do wonders for this team. True, they are in their 30's but I wouldn't break the bank for ET. 2 year deal worth about 15-20 mill guarantee. Or if he do decided to pay for more years it won't be guarantee. If anything no more than 20 mill G.
Hey if he'll sign for 15 to 20m then yeah but at the end of last season he was talking of being the highest paid safety in the league. That's something above the 6 yr 76m Berry got. It's what led to the goofy holdout and declaration he wouldn't practice this season. I'm guessing his ego will lead to retirement if he doesn't get something between 50 to 60 and I would hope they dont pay that especially with his recent injury history. But hey, if he'll sign for 20 I'll be right there with you cheering along. But I honestly think you're deluding yourself!

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
We had a decent season and we have a decent roster
Safety is certainly a spot ripe for an upgrade but not sure what’s gonna be there in the late second
We also need a swing tackle since Fleming is likely to leave
We need to improve the DT spot, upgrade at safety and that doesn’t even touch the fact in today’s NFL your offense needs to be able to put up 30 in some games
It’s a nice young team but we sure need to hit big in the middle of this upcoming draft
DT definitely.