Report: Cowboys, Dak Prescott haven’t negotiated since March

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's a very strange way of thinking.
You are either good or you're bad? What's strange about it? What's the point of "average"? Average isn't gonna cut it. Society has brainwashed into thinking "average" is ok....even though I think Dak is actually good not average.

shabazz

Reaction score
That's a very strange way of thinking.

I think the movie Talladega Nights must have formed his theory about this....

1*9VypYH-OQLY0yWdE5tXyhQ.jpeg

kskboys

Reaction score
You are either good or you're bad? What's strange about it? What's the point of "average"? Average isn't gonna cut it. Society has brainwashed into thinking "average" is ok....even though I think Dak is actually good not average.
You're not going to have a roster full of "good" players. You are going to have some average ones. Joe Thomas is average, and very valuable team member. Haha is average, and a welcome upgrade.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Well see the chiefs just got a long term contact done with DT Chris Jones, so a DT and there QB and nothing on our end with Dak.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I would have loved to wake up today to the news that Dalton has been extended for an additional two years and Dak has been told that the current offer is the final offer and if he doesn’t sign it, it will be pulled and trading him at any point before the deadline will be a serious option for the team going forward. Oh, and by the way Dak, until then you will be in an open QB competition with Dalton and the best player will be the QB. Good luck to you!

Cowboys22 wake up it's time to get ready for school. Today's going to be a big day where they are going to teach you a team that just signed a QB that was just fired in favor of a QB that hasn't played a single snap in the NFL and this QB signed a 1 year deal for a measly 3 mil isn't going to get to actually compete for the starting job with the QB that has been the starting QB the last 4 years and they will be paying him 31 mil or TEN times more money.

Shane612

Reaction score
Because a RB holding out to be the highest paid, running behind the highest paid offensive line needs to be better than 2-7 in winnable games, too. It’s the philosophy.
RBs literally come some a dozen. You can find a good one in the 4th round. But a QB who can make good decisions, make accurate throws and lead a team are hard to find.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Don’t think MM didn’t come in at look at lots of film on Dak. He knows Dak is just not a very good. Hopefully he stops JJ from sinking us for 4-5 more years.

You hit it on the head, if big Mike went to Jerry and said sign him now he would have already. This entire coaching staff is just not sold on Dak. MM would have had Dak signed when he joined the club if he really believed in him. He will not be signed by tomorrow.

Swagger

Reaction score
Who knows how those QB’s will turn out. Look at the top 10 QB’s from the ‘18 class...Mayfield, Allen, Rosen and Darnold are all still big question marcs after 2 yeers in the league. Lamar is obviously the exception.

So even assooming it takes 2 years to get there act together, Martin, Smith, zeke and many others may be gone or going downhill which some already are. If we have to give up any draft picks it will be that much harder to fill those gaps and replace those guys.

I dunno, on paper it may look good but in reality it may not be practical and wood be very high risk IMO.

I agree there is risk but has it not been shown in recent years that you need to push the envelope to reach the Superbowl? And that is the ultimate objective.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dan Marino was a career 59% completion percentage. John Elway was 56.9% and many think he’s the best Qb ever. Montana was a 63.2%, in the West-Coast offense and he never passes over 4000 yards. If one thinks Dak is more accurate than Aikman, based on completely different eras, I don’t know what to say. You can’t touch the QB, you can’t spear WRs going across the middle, DBs can’t touch WRs.

The closest analogy to that era in this era was when the Legion of Boom completely shut down the number 1 offense, led by Manning in the SB. Many people say the refs let them get away with aggressive play, but that was allowed back then, which is why the big WRs thrived. Short WRs never made it back then.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
I agree there is risk but has it not been shown in recent years that you need to push the envelope to reach the Superbowl? And that is the ultimate objective.
Sure but QB isn’t one I would mess with rite now. I would have let zeke walk, franchise Dak and load up on defense.