Report: Cowboys DE Randy Gregory has begun path to reinstatement

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I never looked but I wonder If Gregory parents are rich or well off. Just curious because I would think he would want to make that money in the NFL and after failing enough times to be suspended or get game checks taken away with fines that he would straighten up. I believe manziels family already has money so that’s why he was a idiot. Although he actually got 5.5 million before he lost it.
I remember that they were pretty well off.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Many here will poo-poo this to death, but if he's real and he's been clean, come on in.
Get your butt to work. You have a contract to play out. Show yourself, young man.

I wish him nothing, but the best. I want him to be a success story. A GREAT success story.
Now come on with the "Never trust this guy" and other stuff.
His theme song is Smoking in the Boys Room :laugh:

CWR

Reaction score
Many here will poo-poo this to death, but if he's real and he's been clean, come on in.
Get your butt to work. You have a contract to play out. Show yourself, young man.

I wish him nothing, but the best. I want him to be a success story. A GREAT success story.
Now come on with the "Never trust this guy" and other stuff.

The idea that he is clean and we are looking to part ways pisses me off lol. If this dude is clean and hasnt failed any more test, play ball for goodness sake!!

Jipper

Reaction score
The idea that he is clean and we are looking to part ways pisses me off lol. If this dude is clean and hasnt failed any more test, play ball for goodness sake!!

well hold on....don't get pissed off there...if they are looking to part ways it might be because they dont want to use snaps on a guy that they cant trust. That has to factor into the equation at some point.

Look...i want the best for him and for the cowboys but to say that hes not a risk is a risk.....personally i want him to stay if he is clean but wouldnt be upset if they got rid of him

CWR

Reaction score
well hold on....don't get pissed off there...if they are looking to part ways it might be because they dont want to use snaps on a guy that they cant trust. That has to factor into the equation at some point.

Look...i want the best for him and for the cowboys but to say that hes not a risk is a risk.....personally i want him to stay if he is clean but wouldnt be upset if they got rid of him

Well we already took the risk and spent a high draft pick on him. Why on earth would we give up now if he's clean????

It just doesnt make sense to me if hes done enough to get reinstated let the pick pay off lol. If they were gonna cut him you'd think they would've already. Waiting for him to get reinstated and then cutting him is beyond stupid.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Lesser talent is a risk. Just a different kind of risk.
The team will do what it will do. I know I'm behind this guy and, if he's sincere and clean- put that guy on the field and fulfill that contract.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
How complicated is this reinstatement paperwork that someone has to "lay the groundwork?"

It shouldn’t be complicated if he did what he was supposed to. His application should include:

1. Info on his treatment
2. Info on abstinence of banned substances during his banishment
3. Info related to any incidents involving substances of abuse
4. Any arrests or convictions, including those of substances of abuse.

Should be pretty easy.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Show me a pay stub
Right after you show your pay stub for being a jizz mopper
hqdefault.jpg

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Their demeanor regarding Gregory has changed during the banishment. Jerry said last year that the team felt Greogry was an asset and they definitley needed him back on the field.

His tune changed in October when he didn’t know what was going on and couldn’t say if Greogry would be playing with them or not. Stephen has been very dismissive of any Greogry talk, too.

It seems odd to me that the level of support for Greogry has decreased as time goes by. The Director of Player Engagement can contact him bi-weekly and the Cowboys know what is going on. I would have liked to have seen their confidence level in Gregory increase as he has gotten better and preparing to file for reimbursement, not decrease.

Maybe it doesn’t mean anything but this team has a history of trying to pump us up rather than curb any hopes.

I think people are spinning a lot of inference on variations of comments given in different contexts to different questions. Have any of the statements actually contradicted each other to indicate that a change has actually occurred?

He is an asset.
We don't know when/if he will be reinstated.
We aren't counting on him.

All true continually since he was suspended. I wouldn't put a lot on the order in which those statements came out.

Also, what "they" say varies according to who is doing the talking. Jerry loves his happy talk. Stephen is more of a sourpuss.

It's nice to know that Player Engagement can talk to him. I'd heard elsewhere that the team couldn't talk to him.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I think people are spinning a lot of inference on variations of comments given in different contexts to different questions. Have any of the statements actually contradicted each other to indicate that a change has actually occurred?

He is an asset.
We don't know when/if he will be reinstated.
We aren't counting on him.

All true continually since he was suspended. I wouldn't put a lot on the order in which those statements came out.

Also, what "they" say varies according to who is doing the talking. Jerry loves his happy talk. Stephen is more of a sourpuss.

It's nice to know that Player Engagement can talk to him. I'd heard elsewhere that the team couldn't talk to him.
We can only try to read between the lines in the absence of confirmed info. We know he intends to come back, could have filed 4 months ago, and still hasn’t. Everything else is speculation.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So who determines if Gregory is reinstated?

Let me guess, Goodell?

LOL..................................sorry Gregory, but this aint looking too good for you..........might have to wait another year;)

rags747

Reaction score
If he has truly been clean then I believe he will be reinstated by Goodell as it has been awhile and he has served the required time. I hope the kid can make it, would be fun seeing a qb rushing terror off of the right side. Great redemption story and plenty of time for the kid to make some nice coin.

staubach24

Reaction score
He won't be in a Dallas Cowboys uniform.
If the Cowboys cut him, you can bet Bellichick will swoop down in and sign him. That's his type of player. Bargain basement price for a player with a tarnished reputation. Let him prove himself, then release him when his contract comes up. THE PATRIOT WAY, in other words

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If the Cowboys cut him, you can bet Bellichick will swoop down in and sign him. That's his type of player. Bargain basement price for a player with a tarnished reputation. Let him prove himself, then release him when his contract comes up. THE PATRIOT WAY, in other words

When has he done this? Didn't they do that with that drunk last year and he got cut?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
3 cheap years. There would be dozens of roster claims. Browns would probably get him.