Report: Cowboys DE Randy Gregory has begun path to reinstatement

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Correct me here.......he played 2 games 2016 and miss all of 2017. 2018 suppose to be the last year of his rookie deal. Would 2016 AND 2017 add back to the rookie deal making him a URFA 2020 instead of 2018? Either way, this is good news. IMO no question he's clean.......you don't start this knowing you can't a drug test.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Reports are that he has been really working out hard as well.

Id welcome him back.
In a heartbeat. Or we could sign some other team's scrub to fill out the roster for peeps to complain about...
Put this guy back into a functional working environment and endorse and support his efforts.
Let this man offer his efforts to this team and let's hope he's as sincere as we are to have a true talent working and making well-deserved money.

Or we can call him a bum and whatevs, like some.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Correct me here.......he played 2 games 2016 and miss all of 2017. 2018 suppose to be the last year of his rookie deal. Would 2016 AND 2017 add back to the rookie deal making him a URFA 2020 instead of 2018? Either way, this is good news. IMO no question he's clean.......you don't start this knowing you can't a drug test.
Those two years basically get added on to his contract, so I've read. But there is a little unknown about it.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
"begin the path" "Starting the groundwork", Sounds like it's a long road and our latest legal issues (which are plenty) have not worked out well with the league.
Even if he gets a pass and stays clean, will be interesting to see if he's effective on the field at this point of his "career". Would be an awesome story if he could turn it around to a Pro Bowl status.
Good luck Randy!! Not counting but certainly hoping for you.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Neither host knows anything.

I'm not counting on the guy, but he remains under contract and I would be surprised if the Cowboys cut him before he had the opportunity to play assuming he is reinstated. Just wouldn't make sense. Gregory costs you nothing...

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Number one Randy Gregory stat is his games played since being drafted in 2015. That's fourteen. He missed four with an injury his rookie year and 30 of 32 games in 2016-17 due to suspension.

I think only the Browns' Josh Gordon can eclipse that benchmark.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Not sure what laying the ground works means. Apparently his guy talked to a guy that has to talk to the big guy. It's a process revisited :)

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Roster spots are a premium. You will have to cut a good young player to keep him. Can you ever trust him enough to do that? Yes and you bring him to camp. No and you release him if reinstated.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Many here will poo-poo this to death, but if he's real and he's been clean, come on in.
Get your butt to work. You have a contract to play out. Show yourself, young man.

I wish him nothing, but the best. I want him to be a success story. A GREAT success story.
Now come on with the "Never trust this guy" and other stuff.

Nothing but the best? How could you, dang guy mokin that demon weed pffft. We need an emoji just for Gregsie