Report: Cowboys DE Randy Gregory has begun path to reinstatement

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
http://i1070.***BLOCKED***/albums/u483/tchristie021/DB15A67D-4272-4A52-8783-DA6478206665_zpstq6jusky.jpg

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Any kind of abuse will age you. Sun abuse will age you. Smoking cigarettes will age you. Even age will age you. Ain't that a B?
Don't worry about me. I'm beautiful.

Oh yeah: Cheech is over 70. He shouldn't look too young.

JK on the cheech pic. I'd like to see Gregory get it together. No 1950's or 60's comments on weed here. I gave up stop, drop and cover long ago :)

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
According to many posts on here we don’t have any good players. So cutting the 90th guy is now an issue?

Why would you cut anyone for a guy who has only played 14 games in 3 years and only has 15 tackles and 1 sack?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Two questions:

1) What was that story a couple weeks ago about the Cowboys basically giving up on him?

2) Why did he wait this long to get the process started when he was eligible for reinstatement almost 6 months ago?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would you cut anyone for a guy who has only played 14 games in 3 years and only has 15 tackles and 1 sack?

Better than an UDFA with zero experience that didn’t even get drafted. Especially when Gregory could have been a top 20, if not top 10 draft pick.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two questions:

1) What was that story a couple weeks ago about the Cowboys basically giving up on him?

2) Why did he wait this long to get the process started when he was eligible for reinstatement almost 6 months ago?

Becasue he couldn’t apply 6 months ago.. they decide to wait until the off season.
But many fans on here won’t listen to that. They have their hate agenda.

conner01

Reaction score
Many here will poo-poo this to death, but if he's real and he's been clean, come on in.
Get your butt to work. You have a contract to play out. Show yourself, young man.

I wish him nothing, but the best. I want him to be a success story. A GREAT success story.
Now come on with the "Never trust this guy" and other stuff.
Whether he can save his football career or not this is good news for the guy
Hopefully he has turned his life around
Anything we can get from him as a player is gravey
But I’d approach the season like he’s not gonna be here
Just the smart thing to do
If he is and if he can contribute that’s all the better

waldoputty

Reaction score
Correct me here.......he played 2 games 2016 and miss all of 2017. 2018 suppose to be the last year of his rookie deal. Would 2016 AND 2017 add back to the rookie deal making him a URFA 2020 instead of 2018? Either way, this is good news. IMO no question he's clean.......you don't start this knowing you can't a drug test.

yes he did not get service time for his suspension.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Especially when Gregory could have been a top 20, if not top 10 draft pick.

He never played like it and is the epitome of unreliable ......... I would take an undrafted free agent who actually cares about football more than weed any day.

waldoputty

Reaction score
In a heartbeat. Or we could sign some other team's scrub to fill out the roster for peeps to complain about...
Put this guy back into a functional working environment and endorse and support his efforts.
Let this man offer his efforts to this team and let's hope he's as sincere as we are to have a true talent working and making well-deserved money.

Or we can call him a bum and whatevs, like some.

i still think he should play LB, actually SLB if he has not lost his talent.
jaylon and lee could then hold out at WLB and MLB dpending onlee's health

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Whether he can save his football career or not this is good news for the guy
Hopefully he has turned his life around
Anything we can get from him as a player is gravey
But I’d approach the season like he’s not gonna be here
Just the smart thing to do
If he is and if he can contribute that’s all the better
I'm with the mentality of considering him nothing, but gravy. I'm hoping the team is of a mindset to give him that chance.