Twitter: Report: Cowboys showed interest in trading for Vaccaro last year

John813

Reaction score
Hasn't Vaccaro not lived up to his draft pick? Not saying he's a bust*.
What type of deal could he get in the market?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Sign Vaccaro, trade for Earl Thomas, move Byron to CB.

Safety problem fixed.

Sure it's gonna costs millions of dollars but still.

No more Jeff Heath.

First the Cowboys aren't going to trade for Thomas. That is directly related to point two. Second the Cowboys have 4 players they have said are a priority to resign/extend and that will leave no money to sign free agents or trade for expensive players. Third, Byron proved he doesn't posses the speed needed to play corner in the NFL that is the primary reason he was moved to safety.

cern

Reaction score
might as well just coach up the guys we have now. we'll see if kris Richards is all he's been made out to be. I might have been able to coach the seahawks backfield the last few years. put a set of good lb's in front of them and a good d-line and they might be a good unit. crisis management needs to be saved for the wr, te, and lb positions.

cern

Reaction score
First the Cowboys aren't going to trade for Thomas. That is directly related to point two. Second the Cowboys have 4 players they have said are a priority to resign/extend and that will leave no money to sign free agents or trade for expensive players. Third, Byron proved he doesn't posses the speed needed to play corner in the NFL that is the primary reason he was moved to safety.
not so sure he doesn't have the speed, koeppen. I think he's just another guy that got snared in marinellis love of position flex and the coaching staff couldn't make up its mind. they did it to Crawford. they did it to d.lawrence.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I always laugh at how many people take unsubstantiated rumors and/or speculation as actual fact. The article that started this thread clearly sates "No teams were mentioned in conjunction with the report, but one of them may have been in Vaccaro’s home state.". The article doesn't use ANY actual quotes from ANYONE in the Cowboys or saints organization only speculation or rumor started by a sportswriter.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
He was playing in the slot in NOLA. I don't think we need him with all of our corners and Frazier's late impact.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Ya and I believe that {sarcasm} because one was running in a straight line and the other ran at an angle to meet at a point short of the goal line. That's how slower players catch faster players because they have the correct angle. I've got some swamp land I'd be happy to sell you if you truly think Jones was the fastest player in the NFL last year. So none of the receivers that are actually considered the fastest players really aren't the fastest? Jones IS NOT Deion and never will be!!!!!