Twitter: Report: Cowboys showed interest in trading for Vaccaro last year

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
not so sure he doesn't have the speed, koeppen. I think he's just another guy that got snared in marinellis love of position flex and the coaching staff couldn't make up its mind. they did it to Crawford. they did it to d.lawrence.

The reason I say he didn't show the speed is he to many times ended up 2 steps behind receivers. If he had all that speed there wouldn't be that separation all of the time.

cern

Reaction score
Ya and I believe that {sarcasm} because one was running in a straight line and the other ran at an angle to meet at a point short of the goal line. That's how slower players catch faster players because they have the correct angle. I've got some swamp land I'd be happy to sell you if you truly think Jones was the fastest player in the NFL last year. So none of the receivers that are actually considered the fastest players really aren't the fastest? Jones IS NOT Deion and never will be!!!!!
if you're running at an angle as opposed to the straight line, that would mean you're in effect the hypotenuse. that's the longest side of the right triangle. you're running the longest distance. ergo you have to run faster.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Ya and I believe that {sarcasm} because one was running in a straight line and the other ran at an angle to meet at a point short of the goal line. That's how slower players catch faster players because they have the correct angle. I've got some swamp land I'd be happy to sell you if you truly think Jones was the fastest player in the NFL last year. So none of the receivers that are actually considered the fastest players really aren't the fastest? Jones IS NOT Deion and never will be!!!!!

He runs a sub 4.4 40. He's fast.

cern

Reaction score
The reason I say he didn't show the speed is he to many times ended up 2 steps behind receivers. If he had all that speed there wouldn't be that separation all of the time.
not so. steve Largent and fred belitnikoff made solid careers running good routes, not due to their speed. Michael Irvin was no speedster. the receiver has the advantage in that he knows where he's going. it's harder to cover.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
First the Cowboys aren't going to trade for Thomas. That is directly related to point two. Second the Cowboys have 4 players they have said are a priority to resign/extend and that will leave no money to sign free agents or trade for expensive players. Third, Byron proved he doesn't posses the speed needed to play corner in the NFL that is the primary reason he was moved to safety.

Cowboys motto. Overpay for your homegrown talent and get burned. Then down the line we can't ever trade them because of the stupid contract no team would trade for.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
not so. steve Largent and fred belitnikoff made solid careers running good routes, not due to their speed. Michael Irvin was no speedster. the receiver has the advantage in that he knows where he's going. it's harder to cover.

I just google for the fastest player in the NFL for 2017 and looked at 2 of them. One listed the top 10 and Jones wasn't listed although there was a defensive player listed and the other one did the top 5 and again Jones wasn't listed but again Patrick Peterson who was also listed on the other list was. Wouldn't you think if Jones was as fast as some think he would be on these lists?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Cowboys motto. Overpay for your homegrown talent and get burned. Then down the line we can't ever trade them because of the stupid contract no team would trade for.

So Martin is a homegrown talent? He's the ONLY guard in the entire NFL that has been an All Pro EVERY YEAR he's been in the league. Ya, resign that home grown talent!!!!!!!!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What? Heath not good enough for you?
jxlNb.gif

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

By all means, keep going with this, but if you actually read the article, you would know that:

"Thanks to
computer chips inserted into N.F.L. players’ shoulder pads, we can measure and analyze the speed at which the game is played. The data, provided here by Sportradar, is used by teams to help make personnel decisions, scout opponents and even call plays. It also helps separate players who have “game speed” from those who merely run fast at the N.F.L. Combine."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/sports/football/nfl-speed-leonard-fournette.html

Had nothing to do with angles, fastest defensive player clocked all season.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I just google for the fastest player in the NFL for 2017 and looked at 2 of them. One listed the top 10 and Jones wasn't listed although there was a defensive player listed and the other one did the top 5 and again Jones wasn't listed but again Patrick Peterson who was also listed on the other list was. Wouldn't you think if Jones was as fast as some think he would be on these lists?

I assume you looked up lists based off people's opinions. Which can vary even among those who actually know what they are talking about AND have no agenda. The article everyone is referencing used actual computer chips to track speed. Football speed. With Pads. And he was the fastest player clocked all season.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Players like Vaccaro get linked to Dallas by their agents, I think. Trying to drum up interest and increase their clients' bottom lines.

However, just about everybody should know the Cowboys' free agent philosophy by now- keep their own and sign fringe guys that only the most die-hard NFL fan has even heard of.