Twitter: Report: Cowboys showed interest in trading for Vaccaro last year

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
damn. good info. I knew he was fast, but had no idea he was that fast. just another victim of position flex.
I thought tyreek hill ran the 3 fastest speeds on the field this year ..

Apparently it was Leonard fournette at 22.05 but that was WITH the ball in hand. My bad..

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
I think Vaccaro always wanted to be with the Cowboys. But so do they all.

Hardline

Reaction score
No more Jeff Heath.[/QUOTE]

Sign Vaccaro, trade for Earl Thomas, move Byron to CB.

Safety problem fixed.

Sure it's gonna costs millions of dollars but still.

No more Jeff Heath.

earl-thomas.oplh-38870-mid.jpg

6673638.jpg

Hook Em

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No idea what to make of this...........

Kenny Vaccaro - DB - Saints
The New Orleans Advocate's Nick Underhill heard "strong rumors" last offseason that the Cowboys were interested in Saints DB Kenny Vaccaro.

It's notable because Vaccaro's contract is now up, and he will likely get paid handsomely on the open market. Vaccaro is from Brownwood (TX) and played college ball for the Longhorns. The Cowboys need help throughout the secondary.
Related: Cowboys

Source: Nick Underhill on Twitter
Feb 12 - 4:07 PM

cern

Reaction score
I just google for the fastest player in the NFL for 2017 and looked at 2 of them. One listed the top 10 and Jones wasn't listed although there was a defensive player listed and the other one did the top 5 and again Jones wasn't listed but again Patrick Peterson who was also listed on the other list was. Wouldn't you think if Jones was as fast as some think he would be on these lists?
Not necessarily so. Some need to run 40 yards to reach top speed. Some are quicker out of the blocks but can be overtaken from behind. But the penultimate top speed can be easily measured. Given that a direction is involved, it's actually velocity we're talking. But regardless of methodology, Jones is fast.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Old story but a possibility. Rather draft a SS n th 3rd round.

WeaponX

Reaction score
I'm guessing the coaches because they switched him to safety. If he was the second coming of Deion they would have left him at corner.
Just trying to follow you here...why do you keep mentioning Deion? If your measuring stick for any CB is Deion, you’re going to be disappointed quite a bit.

Sydla

Reaction score
First the Cowboys aren't going to trade for Thomas. That is directly related to point two. Second the Cowboys have 4 players they have said are a priority to resign/extend and that will leave no money to sign free agents or trade for expensive players. Third, Byron proved he doesn't posses the speed needed to play corner in the NFL that is the primary reason he was moved to safety.

He doesn’t have the speed to play CB?

LOL

DiResta

Reaction score
stop playing
make a headline and trade for Earl
draft day move up if you must for a guy like Tremaine Edmunds, take the pressure off Jaylon
move Jourdan to slot and Xavier out under Earl to learn from a great
get a 1tech in FA
defense just became much much better

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
stop playing
make a headline and trade for Earl
draft day move up if you must for a guy like Tremaine Edmunds, take the pressure off Jaylon
move Jourdan to slot and Xavier out under Earl to learn from a great
get a 1tech in FA
defense just became much much better

Lets just ponder your wannabe GM skills. The Cowboys have said they have a priority to sign/extend 4 players and allow for the rookies they will draft and that will use up more than the available cap space. The Cowboys have several pressing needs and have to hit on ALL OF THEIR TOP draft picks, 1 - 4 or 5. You want to trade for Thomas which means giving up possibly multiple draft picks and then trading away at least 2 draft picks to select a LB. So your big moves are to squander the Cowboys top draft picks on 2 trades, one of which because of cap space the Cowboys wouldn't be able to afford, and these 2 players will be the entire fix for the Cowboys? All of their pressing needs will be answered with these 2 players? Stick to fantasy football where the only one you hurt is your fantasy team.