Report: Cowboys still not close for deal with CeeDee Lamb but optimistic they will get it done

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is zero percent chance anyone from the Cowboys organization can explain to me why this has taken so long and it make sense.

We're well past the ridiculous stage and almost past the beyond stupid stage.

If the Cowboys wanted to extend Lamb for $33M, then they should have done all this BEFORE the other WR's got extended not after.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Magically right at the right time they'll somehow come to grips because the cowboys will cave in, CEEDEE will play good and will be injured often

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is zero percent chance anyone from the Cowboys organization can explain to me why this has taken so long and it make sense.

If the Cowboys wanted to extend Lamb for $33M, then they should have done all this BEFORE the other WR's got extended not after.
What if Lamb is demanding a no-trade clause or no-franchise clause, or both?

What if Lamb is demanding a 10-year contract and the Cowboys are offering 4 years?

What if Lamb wants all of his contract guaranteed?

We simply do not know the details of the negotiation so many people immediately jump to assume it's the Cowboys being cheap.

While it definitely is possible the Cowboys are being cheap, it is also possible that Lamb's agent is trying to get more than the Cowboys will offer or even any NFL team would offer.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

What if Lamb is demanding a 10-year contract and the Cowboys are offering 4 years?

We simply do not know the details of the negotiation so many people immediately jump to assume it's the Cowboys being cheap.

While it definitely is possible the Cowboys are being cheap, it is also possible that Lamb's agent is trying to get more than the Cowboys or NFL team can or are interested in offering.
That last paragraph sums it up

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

I honestly think Ceedee and his agents wanted to wait until Jefferson signed.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly think Ceedee and his agents wanted to wait until Jefferson signed.
That's quite possible!

We also don't know if the Cowboys actually made an offer prior to that and Lamb's agent wanted to wait and now wants more.

The fans and media simply do not have all of the information so a lot of people are picking sides based on their own pre-conceived biases.

At some point, the truth will come out either through leaks or the contract itself.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

While it definitely is possible the Cowboys are being cheap, it is also possible that Lamb's agent is trying to get more than the Cowboys or NFL team can or are interested in offering.
I’d bet it is the no trade/no tag he, and every player in his position, will be seeking going forward. Dak isn’t the only player with it, but will be the first to take advantage of it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d bet it is the no trade/no tag he, and every player in his position, will be seeking going forward. Dak isn’t the only player with it, but will be the first to take advantage of it.
That's what I have been saying as well for a while now.

I really think the hold up is not about money because Jerry has plenty of it and the salary cap jumped considerably this season.

That combined with Lamb's performance and age make signing him an easy decision when you only focus on the money.

It has to be something else, and my guess is no-trade/no-franchise-tag clauses, but it could be something like contract length, X-year options, etc.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seems like there are more holdouts this year than in the past but that’s just a perception.

plymkr

Reaction score

While it definitely is possible the Cowboys are being cheap, it is also possible that Lamb's agent is trying to get more than the Cowboys will offer or even any NFL team would offer.
I really would love to know what the holdup is for CD and even Dak. Because I’m stuck on the idea/suspicion it is more about years, language in contract and clauses than money. JMO, and just a hunch.