Report: Cowboys still not close for deal with CeeDee Lamb but optimistic they will get it done

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could just be terminology and possibly guaranteed money type things.

fivetwos

Reaction score
CD is waiting out the Auyuk deal because he wants to be the top paid wr. That's all I can come up with. Idk what the hold up on Dallas end is.
Last I heard him say it was something like ‘top few.’

He may not have all he wants on the table right now but he is also staring at a fifth year option and two tags. The percentage of the money in question vs what’s at stake overall isn’t worth him trying to keep score with Jefferson or Aiyuk.

Maybe he is ready to take their deal but isn’t in any hurry to show up to work. Not saying he doesn’t care about football, but he is also battling people in negotiations that are real easy to not like. There’s gotta be some resentment. He also knows he only needs minimal work with Prescott.

Just compromise and everyone wins, and those 88s can start flying off the shelves again. They will now be $600 each as Jerry quips that underpriced jerseys are “a major problem in the NFL.”

Flamma

Reaction score
The ability to franchise him a couple times does limit his leverage.

If he thinks that Jerry minds losing a few games he may wrong......Jerry has settled for mediocrity for a quarter century now and doesn't appear to be losing too much sleep
Ok, lets play this out hypothetically. Lets say Jerry plans on doing exactly that, tagging him twice after this season. There's only 1 path for Lamb to prevent this. He has to sit out regular season games. He has to be back by week 12, but the idea is to get Jerry to cave in once the losses start piling up.

Next year. Jerry tags him. Lamb signs the tag and repeats the process. Show up week 12 if need be. But it wouldn't get that far because before that even happens, Jerry would either pay him or trade him.

Flamma

Reaction score
Still won't mean anything I don't get why you people don't see this why would he lose$15 million with fines and game pay and then Jerry now even more man slaps the franchise tag on him and now he lost all that money and now we're back to the same spot he will never make that money up is why I know he will not hold out I don't believe this leaks into the season he will play new deal or not because he knows his leverage is gone once the season starts because the Cowboys know all they have to do is franchise tag the guy and then that first round tender I believe it requires another team to OfferUp quite a bit of draft stock and the Cowboys can match it and it may not be 35,000,000 he's going to be in the same spot next year it's kind of like Hassan Reddick being traded to The Jets now wants to be traded again because they didn't give him his deal... At some point some players lose leverage and we're going to get there when the season starts again I don't see a man losing that kind of money because he will never ever get it back he would have to play 8 years if he's turning down $33 million a year and then holds out all year for that other 2 million he would have to play 7 + years to make it up ..that NOT happening.. book it!!
See post #63.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think the holdup is lamb wants one of jerrys hand made suits, and jerry refuses to give it up !!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Still won't mean anything I don't get why you people don't see this why would he lose$15 million with fines and game pay and then Jerry now even more man slaps the franchise tag on him and now he lost all that money and now we're back to the same spot he will never make that money up is why I know he will not hold out I don't believe this leaks into the season he will play new deal or not because he knows his leverage is gone once the season starts because the Cowboys know all they have to do is franchise tag the guy and then that first round tender I believe it requires another team to OfferUp quite a bit of draft stock and the Cowboys can match it and it may not be 35,000,000 he's going to be in the same spot next year it's kind of like Hassan Reddick being traded to The Jets now wants to be traded again because they didn't give him his deal... At some point some players lose leverage and we're going to get there when the season starts again I don't see a man losing that kind of money because he will never ever get it back he would have to play 8 years if he's turning down $33 million a year and then holds out all year for that other 2 million he would have to play 7 + years to make it up ..that NOT happening.. book it!!
Who are “you people”? You are no more knowledgeable than any other person that posts on this site.

blueblood70

Reaction score
See post #63.
And I'm telling you that's not gonna be a possibility because he's gonna be back in the same position again and get franchise tag you're still keeping the guy now another guy can get trade offers lamb could try this and it will backfire I'm telling you he won't because it would be dumb advice from his agent knowing exactly he'll be back again and he will never make up that money can we not just have that part of this I'm gonna put it in bold

if he holds out that would be$15 million between the fines and the money lost per game no matter what it looks like on the field even if Lam thinks now he's finally getting his 35 million that's only two more million that he's been offered lately that he didn't take you're not ever getting your 15,000,000 back it would take eight years he's not gonna probably play another 8years.. That's not happening so why don't you keep your Jerry Jones's front office hate out of this and using lamb to help your cause and your narrative that you want him to show the Jones family how it really is no the Jones family has paid every superstar fair market value every single time and in many cases too much..

That is making a really bad investment telling the guy to lose $15 million he will never get back because he can be tagged and then Jerry can match but he still will only have to pay market value next year and have some offers but those offers would have to include a couple of high-end draft picks including a first plus the other team would have to be ready to sign him or he's gonna be in a position like Hassan Reddick... What you're saying is so in the clouds it's such a fantasy for fans that want the Jones family to pay and it's not the reality he will never make the money back...

This isn't a situation where a player is making 800,000 and deserves 10 million and then he holds out he can make that money back this is a man who's gonna lose $15 million holding out 12 games plus the fines from the practices and the offseasons you will never get that back even playing eight years because they've already offered him 33 million some say 33.4 some saying 32 but either way him not taking that money is showing greed because he will never get it back if he holds out the year that's why I know he will not he will play this year under his old contract if he's forced to I'm telling you he is now we can just bookmark this and we'll come back to it later because I'm tired of talking to you about it you make no sense when we're talking about fiscal common sense you can never get that money back because they have offered him close to what he's asking for so if he holds out 12 games and is down 15,000,000 he will never make it back...

fivetwos

Reaction score
And I'm telling you that's not gonna be a possibility because he's gonna be back in the same position again and get franchise tag you're still keeping the guy now another guy can get trade offers lamb could try this and it will backfire I'm telling you he won't because it would be dumb advice from his agent knowing exactly he'll be back again and he will never make up that money can we not just have that part of this I'm gonna put it in bold

if he holds out that would be$15 million between the fines and the money lost per game no matter what it looks like on the field even if Lam thinks now he's finally getting his 35 million that's only two more million that he's been offered lately that he didn't take you're not ever getting your 15,000,000 back it would take eight years he's not gonna probably play another 8years.. That's not happening so why don't you keep your Jerry Jones's front office hate out of this and using lamb to help your cause and your narrative that you want him to show the Jones family how it really is no the Jones family has paid every superstar fair market value every single time and in many cases too much..

That is making a really bad investment telling the guy to lose $15 million he will never get back because he can be tagged and then Jerry can match but he still will only have to pay market value next year and have some offers but those offers would have to include a couple of high-end draft picks including a first plus the other team would have to be ready to sign him or he's gonna be in a position like Hassan Reddick... What you're saying is so in the clouds it's such a fantasy for fans that want the Jones family to pay and it's not the reality he will never make the money back...

This isn't a situation where a player is making 800,000 and deserves 10 million and then he holds out he can make that money back this is a man who's gonna lose $15 million holding out 12 games plus the fines from the practices and the offseasons you will never get that back even playing eight years because they've already offered him 33 million some say 33.4 some saying 32 but either way him not taking that money is showing greed because he will never get it back if he holds out the year that's why I know he will not he will play this year under his old contract if he's forced to I'm telling you he is now we can just bookmark this and we'll come back to it later because I'm tired of talking to you about it you make no sense when we're talking about fiscal common sense you can never get that money back because they have offered him close to what he's asking for so if he holds out 12 games and is down 15,000,000 he will never make it back...
The position Lamb is in…he is much better off appeasing Jerry with a slight discount and taking the bag now. If the difference is turning down 30 plus million a year for an extra million or two a year, not a great idea for him.

Prescott, who cannot be tagged and whose contract expires in six months? Not so much. Waaaaaay different situation.

Every day this feels more an more much adieu about nothing. They are going to sign both eventually.

Meanwhile I doubt Jerry is tired of the headlines, nor is Lamb chomping at the bit to get to camp, which he probably doesn’t at all need.

Flamma

Reaction score

Dude, none of this makes sense. If Lamb holds out in the first few games of regular season, he's going to get paid. None of the fines will matter. He has nothing to worry about. Someone will give him a huge contract, whether it be the Cowboys or someone else. Zero chance the FT him. All he has to do is not show up for game 1.

You seem to think he'll show up for regular season. I'm not sure that he will. If he's stupid, he does. Then he can get franchise tagged.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could just be terminology and possibly guaranteed money type things.
I've got the same answer that I've always had.

Those things could easily be straightened out in less than one day. No reason it wasn't done in Feb, or March, or April..............

silver

Reaction score
I've got the same answer that I've always had.

Those things could easily be straightened out in less than one day. No reason it wasn't done in Feb, or March, or April..............
But then nobody would be talking about it and Jerry would be irrelevant.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If we're playing pick a square prediction he will be signed the week following the last preseason game,,,