Report: Dak's contract prioritized over Micah and CD's

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Drafting a QB until you find a great one is better than using half your salary cap on an average one just because you are scared to keep looking.
I think the Cowboys whether right or wrong think Dak is better than average. As of right now even his biggest critics will agree he's a great regular season QB who struggles in the playoffs.

So at that point you have to ask yourself do you have more faith in him getting that monkey off his back or pray and hope you can find someone as good.

Brax

Reaction score
I don't know about that. I'd much rather go 12-5 then 2-15....I know people think "Oh well we will get good picks...."...last time we got a top 5 pick we took a running back.
I’d rather have a chance of top talent and hopefully hit on a few than watch the debacles of the last few seasons. It’s not like they are getting better.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So at that point you have to ask yourself do you have more faith in him getting that monkey off his back or pray and hope you can find someone as good.
I have been for 7 years ........ up until last year I defended him against Mountaineer and pappydog.

But after seeing this

0_dak-prescott.jpg

Against the 49'rs for 3 years in a row ...... and against Greenbay last year ........ I am done.

That is my honest truth.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dak, CeeDee, and Parsons will all get their deals. The Cowboys will have over 100 million dollars in cap space next year. The money has to go somewhere. We all know the Joneses don’t spend on free agents.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’d rather have a chance of top talent and hopefully hit on a few than watch the debacles of the last few seasons. It’s not like they are getting better.
I mean its about preference. Win 12 games a year or win 4 games and draft the next Zeke.....

As a fan I can't tolerate losing......I can get behind losing for the greater good for a year or so but this teams issues cant' be fixed with 2-15 seasons.....Jerry and co. have shown as long as they make money they don't care about the product on the field. If 2-15 would cause Jerry to step down then I can get behind it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have been for 7 years ........ up until last year I defended him against Mountaineer and pappydog.

But after seeing this

0_dak-prescott.jpg

Against the 49'rs for 3 years in a row ...... and against Greenbay last year ........ I am done.

That is my honest truth.
And that's fair.

I'm not here to tell anyone their opinion on Dak is right or wrong. For me there's an argument to keep him and there's a argument to move on.

I can understand someone wanting to move on because they think Dak's ceiling is a first round exit.

I can understand someone wanting to stick with him and just hope he gets over this playoff hump.

I have no doubt in my mind he can play its just mental block he needs to get over. Will he? I can't say. Making his team worse and trying to find out though isn't what I had on my bingo card this offseason though following the GB debacle.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
And here's more...

Here are the leading salaries. Which one of these have done anything? 3 out of 12 have done something worth mentioning. Goff, Mahomes, Burrow.

Hurts is arguable but his Super Bowl berth feels team generated. We see him when his team is no good.

When 80% of the highest salaries in the league are for QBs who've done nothing, Dak is gonna get paid right along with the rest.

Whether in Dallas or not is the question but chances are we're gonna wake up one day soon to news of Dak's newly minted contract.

Top 10 Annual Salaries:

Trevor Lawrence, Jaguars - $55 million
Joe Burrow, Bengals - $55 million
Jared Goff, Lions - $53 million
Justin Herbert, Chargers - $52.5 million
Lamar Jackson, Ravens - $52 million
Jalen Hurts, Eagles - $51 million
Kyler Murray, Cardinals - $46.1 million
Deshaun Watson, Browns - $46 million
Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs - $45 million
Kirk Cousins, Falcons - $45 million

Highest guarantees:

Deshaun Watson, Browns - $230 million
Joe Burrow, Bengals - $146.51 million
Trevor Lawrence, Jaguars - $142 million
Lamar Jackson, Ravens - $135 million
Justin Herbert, Chargers - $133.74 million
Jared Goff, Lions - $113.61 million
Jalen Hurts, Eagles - $110 million
Kyler Murray, Cardinals - $103.3 million
Josh Allen, Bills - $100 million
Dak Prescott, Cowboys - $95 million
Joe Burrow had a great playoff run 3 years ago and now fans/media think he is the greatest quarterback next to Mahomes. What has he won? Nothing.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have no doubt in my mind he can play its just mental block he needs to get over.
This is exactly it ......... I just don't think he can do it here ........ Jerry is a cancer to players growth and success ....... he needs a coach like Jimmy who can will his players to win by giving them confidence that they are winners ....... but a coach like that is a threat to Jerry's ego, so it will never happen.

Maybe after he is gone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is exactly it ......... I just don't think he can do it here ........ Jerry is a cancer to players growth and success ....... he needs a coach like Jimmy who can will his players to win by giving them confidence that they are winners ....... but a coach like that is a threat to Jerry's ego, so it will never happen.

Maybe after he is gone.
I agree. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Dak is 30 years old and this team has struggled for 28 years to get to a conference championship. 28 years ago Romo probably was in high school. Jerry has built a mess of a place to play and his players have to deal with it. I do wonder at times would Mahomes or even Bellicheck have had their success here. Seems like an uphill battle. And I’m tired of watching young guys prime get wasted here. Guys are winners their whole career and get here and lose their gene. It’s toxic.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Joe Burrow had a great playoff run 3 years ago and now fans/media think he is the greatest quarterback next to Mahomes. What has he won? Nothing.
Yeah the Burrow stuff is really weird to me. And I’m a fan of him he’s one of my favorite quarterbacks to watch but he gets love for one playoff run in his career that results in a loss. Same goes for Hurts yet Hurts is looked at as inferior..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

But after seeing this

0_dak-prescott.jpg

That is my honest truth.