Report: Dallas Cowboys expected to be buyers at NFL Trade Deadline

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I was hoping the Rams sucked and were ready to part with Aaron Donald. I mean....he is the one player in this league that could bring us a championship. What would offenses do with Donald and Parsons...seriously...what would they do.

Lutonio

Reaction score
merchant-stranger.gif
“Strange-uh, STRANGE-uh. Now THAT is a weapon.”

shabazz

Reaction score
are there any pieces you think you could add right now that would get the cowboys past the 49ers? Honestly, i dont really know
Honestly, no. But if we can close the gap, somewhat, ya never know what can happen in a 1 game series.

Based on the first 6 games, perhaps we've closed the gap on an Eagles team that isn't as good as last year.

The question is which team will give somebody up and what will Jerry be willing to give up?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly. Our run blocking seems to be lacking. They keep running Pollard between the tackles, obviously thinking his speed will hit the holes faster, but he’s better on the edge. Run Dowdle and Luepke between the tackles.
Yeah they got away with it last year with Zeke running into that same issue but Pollard as the change of pace would come in and hit the holes faster. But this year he's hitting the holes as fast and its nothing there. I thought things started opening up some when we started going outside. Especially for Pollard.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Honestly, no. But if we can close the gap, somewhat, ya never know what can happen in a 1 game series.

Based on the first 6 games, perhaps we've closed the gap on an Eagles team that isn't as good as last year.

The question is which team will give somebody up and what will Jerry be willing to give up?
In order to get over the 49ers hump its going to take getting over the mental. Bringing in a vet might change that mental some. I don't think there's one guy that can get us over the hump but I also don't think the 49ers are 30 points better than us.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think they should avoid one unnecessary trade by promoting Hunter Luetke to an active RB position to accompany Tony Pollard. :thumbup:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Ive heard a lot of suggestions by fans on players that could help us become a better team. However with cap boy running the show, nothing good ever seems to happen.Dont forget, they like their guys. That's about all you hear.

They’ve literally made 3 trades this offseason….exact opposite of “we like our guys”

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
In the last 20 years I feel like the only 2nd rounders we hit on are Sean Lee, D Law, and Diggs. We're probably better off trading our 2nd rounders every year.
Can't do that with salary cap.

You gotta keep a pipeline of young cheap guys coming in.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
jerruh wheeling and dealing, with nobody there as an advisor....just a decrepit 82 year old man with a bunch of Yes Men and his idiot son Fredo agreeing with him no matter what he says.

what could go wrong? (Except for getting bamboozled by men half his age, and accidentally trading Micah for a 7th round pick)

jay94

Reaction score
Not sure why everyone is saying rb. Our backs are fine, A better center wouldn't be horrible and even frankly rt, but they just did lets overpay injured players to a big contract, to me it seems Steele has not been good this whole year the weak link on the line. We need lb/1 tech/db/3rd wr,

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not sure why everyone is saying rb. Our backs are fine, A better center wouldn't be horrible and even frankly rt, but they just did lets overpay injured players to a big contract, to me it seems Steele has not been good this whole year the weak link on the line. We need lb/1 tech/db/3rd wr,
Center ? He's been the best lineman thus far. Tyler Smith and Steele have been awful. But maybe they just aren't fully healthy yet. I think we are eyeing depth and a guy like Garrett Boles from Denver. He might be available. I agree, rb isnt a big issue. Its the blocking. If we block, we can run and execute the scheme.

plasticman

Reaction score
I doubt any team is willing to hand over an impact player to the Cowboys for a reasonable price. They know Jerry is always willing to overpay to get a player just for the publicity alone.

If you think the RB market is adjusting to compensate for a lack of relevance then think again. That might be true of their contracts but certainly not their trade value when it involves the Cowboys.

Any trade they make should be player for player. They've already traded half their next draft.

btgboys41

Reaction score
"Ladies and gentlemen. Boys and girls. Step right up. Step right up."

Jerry Jones hinting at this to the media during a bye week, marketing genius. Kudos.
Yeah I rolled the wheel and it came up ‘floating a Dak extension rumor’ as Jerry’s next move. I guess he’s starting with the old “we’re not done building this team”. Stephen will add “if there’s a deal out there for us” in a couple of days.