Report: Dallas Cowboys expected to be buyers at NFL Trade Deadline

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
To me it’s about adding pieces that are the best overall fit. Henry makes perfect sense. He takes pressure off dak…. He’d fit in well behind our oline.

Even if it’s just for a year or two that he’s still elite. It’s the type of move a winning team would make.

I’d give up as high as a 2nd… 3rd if they’d take it

doomsday808

Reaction score
Henry would be awesome to have for a year or two. An effective combo at RB with Pollard. OL depth is an issue. But if you are mid-season trading, I would think you would look for a cost effective player that will get you over that hump for a legit run for the SB. Another weapon on offense.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Henry would be awesome to have for a year or two. An effective combo at RB with Pollard. OL depth is an issue. But if you are mid-season trading, I would think you would look for a cost effective player that will get you over that hump for a legit run for the SB. Another weapon on offense.
A year or two at most before this becomes the Eddie George Experiment 2.0.

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
I think Derrick Henry or Courland Sutton would be excellent options, I would give a 3rd rounder with a 2nd round option and Rico Dowdle for Henry, he is still under contract until 2025 which could give the possibility of letting Pollard go in 2024 and Henry would cost a lot less than having Pollard, this to me would be a very smart option, Another good option would be to bring in WR Sutton, a more physical WR that is needed for this offense, and with him being able to cut Michael Gallup in 2024 since Sutton would be under contract until 2025, I would give a 4th and Jalen Tolbert for Sutton,

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
I would trade for Derrick Henry in a heartbeat. Bettwr than any back wr got including Pollard.

Jipper

Reaction score
What is the value of getting past the Niners and to the Super Bowl?……gots to spend that coin to get something real……..unless we’re talking fake yabos. Then it’s ok.
are there any pieces you think you could add right now that would get the cowboys past the 49ers? Honestly, i dont really know

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not really. Just look it up.
Dude, most 2nd rounders don’t even get a second contract.

Connor Williams was a fine starter for us and has developed into a very good center in Miami. Gregory for all of his problems has stuck around and made quite a few splash plays during his time in the NFL. Jaylon Smith was a probowler in 2018. None of those are abject busts.

If every team hit a home run in the second round most years, depth would not be nearly the issue it is in this league.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Derrick Henry is really the only attainable name who can come down day 1 and make this west coast offense actually work.
The blocking has been so poor up front that I’m not even sure if King Henry would move the needle that much. I honestly think it’s worth a shot though.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have a lot of holes to fill. What position will be targeted: CB, LB, OL, RB, QB?
Keep in mind who the Cowboys have coming back next year.

Diggs. Overshown. Will Richards be ready? Edoga? Scott?

Those players will influence any trades the Cowboys make.