Report: Don't be surprised if Cowboys bring Pollard back

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

One thing NBC Sports’ @MatthewBerryTMR learned coming out of the NFL Combine pertains to #Cowboys RB Tony Pollard:

“I’m told a likely landing spot for Tony Pollard is… Dallas? Yeah, apparently the Cowboys want to bring him back despite all of us thinking he had a down year. He wasn’t fully healthy for a lot of the year, but they like him a lot there and I was told: “Don’t be surprised if they bring Pollard back.”

The front office gave the reins to Pollard last season, believing in him as a No. 1 back. Now a full year removed from the injury and his positive stretch to end the year, they might re-sign him so Pollard and the front office can prove doubters wrong.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We all speak of Culture change around here, well the only way the culture ever changes is by players realizing the state of the economics.
If you want to be a part of this team then you are going to need to do so at a reduced pay scale, if you're not in the top 3 you're a reduced contract on this roster.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This is not a top heavy RB class this season but this is a draft in which mid round selections are very important.
Corum
Brooks
Benson
Estime
Irving
Just a few names that peeps need to become familiar with, there is a deep class for mid round picks, we need more picks round 3-6... lol

Big_D

Reaction score
This is not a top heavy RB class this season but this is a draft in which mid round selections are very important.
Corum
Brooks
Benson
Estime
Irving
Just a few names that peeps need to become familiar with, there is a deep class for mid round picks, we need more picks round 3-6... lol
I wouldn’t mind seeing Estime drafted here.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind seeing Estime drafted here.
He is a power downhill runner with quick feet and has proven to be a solid pass blocker at the collegiate level and if drafted would fill a major void for a while on rookie contract.

I'm not giving up on Luepke because of a stupid rookie error fumble at the GL, it happens.

This back field could change drastically from a finesse Pollard type to a Big physical type with one solid draft pick at RB to pair with a FB/HB Luepke.

Still want and need to draft a RB even if Pollard returns, but even more so if he does not.

John813

Reaction score
Can't wait for the, "CMC contract is the basis for Pollard's deal"

That being said, I think last year was a true off year due to injury for Pollard and not his current ability.
Just keep it low guarantees.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Fans are dumb.

All you hear are complaints about our crappy o-line (which it was) but apparently it’s the guy just coming fresh off a late season injury where his leg was facing backwards fault.

I wouldn’t mind Pollard back at a reasonable price and supplementing him with another talented back in the draft.