Report: Don't be surprised if Cowboys bring Pollard back

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is a power downhill runner with quick feet and has proven to be a solid pass blocker at the collegiate level and if drafted would fill a major void for a while on rookie contract.

I'm not giving up on Luepke because of a stupid rookie error fumble at the GL, it happens.

This back field could change drastically from a finesse Pollard type to a Big physical type with one solid draft pick at RB to pair with a FB/HB Luepke.

Still want and need to draft a RB even if Pollard returns, but even more so if he does not.
An ohio state freshman rb fumbled his 1st two carries ever. Both at the goal line.

His name? Eddie George.

Glad we didnt just give up on him. Not comparing the 2 rbs....just the situation.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Bring him back, we got the money. I hope they sign Tyron and Badasp too. Get that money boi's. the salary cap is a myth.

Kwyn

Reaction score
He’s not bad, he’s just not great as RB1.

I suppose depending on the money and what else we have available it would be fine

Bowdown27

Reaction score
One of the best rb free agent classes in recent memory but we resign a guy who shouldn’t be a number 1 rb. Seems on par.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
As a change of pace guy he is solid, as a work horse he is not, get some young guy to carry the load and sprinkle some TP here and there.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
An ohio state freshman rb fumbled his 1st two carries ever. Both at the goal line.

His name? Eddie George.

Glad we didnt just give up on him. Not comparing the 2 rbs....just the situation.
Thinking about Eddie George was a flashback to greatness, we could only be so lucky, but I hear what you are saying.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Beyond stupid. You don’t give a RB a 3rd contract. What morons.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
There just has to be a low round draft choice or perhaps a UFA or perhaps a free agent himself out there somewhere that has younger, fresher legs for the same money. Likely less money. Trouble is Jones and Son are not good at finding such talent. They are poor evaluators. And they are too busy being media personalities to put in the work.

Big_D

Reaction score
If he gets re-signed it certainly won’t be for a change of pace role.

Carson

Reaction score
You don't see this happening due to cap issues.
He will probably be headed to D.C.
Washington isn’t going to overpay for #2 guy.

Plenty of guys out there like Edwards, Swift etc.

Carson

Reaction score
Pollard and then Braelon Allen in round 3 to be the bruiser

fivetwos

Reaction score
Anything to keep the band together!

Signing an outsider might require some actual GM work and there’s no time for that with booking the stayjum and doing radio spots.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pollard should never have been a 1 man show, most knew that. Coming off the leg injury he probably wasn't 100%. Biggest question is cost. I'm not paying Pollard much if I also have to draft or pay another guy to share half the carries minimum. I think the boys will be out bid for his service.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
There just has to be a low round draft choice or perhaps a UFA or perhaps a free agent himself out there somewhere that has younger, fresher legs for the same money. Likely less money. Trouble is Jones and Son are not good at finding such talent. They are poor evaluators. And they are too busy being media personalities to put in the work.
Smart GMs run the legs off their RB like they run the rubber off their tires.
You get new tires, RBs get worn out quick in this league.