Report: Don't be surprised if Cowboys bring Pollard back

Thorn

Reaction score
I hope not, that experiment was a complete failure. OL has to take some blame, but Pollard is not the back for the lead role.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
5m one year deal. Nothing longer . RBs can be found, although why Mike Solari still is employed befuddles me. If I'm pollard I'm begging to go elsewhere

calicowboy54

Reaction score

One thing NBC Sports’ @MatthewBerryTMR learned coming out of the NFL Combine pertains to #Cowboys RB Tony Pollard:

“I’m told a likely landing spot for Tony Pollard is… Dallas? Yeah, apparently the Cowboys want to bring him back despite all of us thinking he had a down year. He wasn’t fully healthy for a lot of the year, but they like him a lot there and I was told: “Don’t be surprised if they bring Pollard back.”

The front office gave the reins to Pollard last season, believing in him as a No. 1 back. Now a full year removed from the injury and his positive stretch to end the year, they might re-sign him so Pollard and the front office can prove doubters wrong.

Jerry being Jerry saying ill so you he's still the man i thought he was and he will bounce back.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have nothing against Tony Pollard but if they bring him back even at a “discount“, it’s just another example of keeping the same players and expecting different results.

Pollard is best when he Is an occasional weapon paired in a committee with a power runner. He has never been a featured back needing 20 touches a game.

stiletto

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be better to just draft a guy and pay him next to nothing at this point? $5 million will add another player or two that will fill more pressing holes like at LB.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the surplus of backs available and the report that Pollard is willing to take less to stay I think he'll be back.

You can't leave now when we are around the rim like this.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny how so many fans have soured on Pollard after screaming for him to be the starter the past few seasons.
He should have been the starter. The only reason I've soured on him is his price tag.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He should have been the starter. The only reason I've soured on him is his price tag.
This past season we had no choice but to start him. However, he was a much better player in the role he had. He was kept fresh and was breaking off long runs. Running him between the tackles early in games and the added carries wore him down. He benefited from having Zeke soften up defenses early.