Report: Don't be surprised if Cowboys bring Pollard back

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Can't wait for the, "CMC contract is the basis for Pollard's deal"

That being said, I think last year was a true off year due to injury for Pollard and not his current ability.
Just keep it low guarantees.
which means we overspend

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Makes sense.

They’ve probably never heard of the other free agent backs.
if they're worth pennies on the dollar about 1.3 million or the league minimum they know ALL about them!!!!!!!!!!!

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
He was get better towards the end of the year. Another year removed from his injury and he may get most of his burst back. I'm ok with this, especially if in the $4-5mil range.

Aven8

Reaction score
The issue I have with it is they will wait to draft a back until late and then miss out and never get one. That’s what we do

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Pollard is going to have a big year next season but I don't know that I want to pay him to do it. Rookie backs can shine too.

This is yet another reminder that the draft should take place before free agency.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I just don't see a large contract being offered. Look at the Rbs that signed last odd season, Miles Sanders and David Montgomery signed for around $6 million a year. I would bet the contract offered will be between $3 & $4 million at the most.

links18

Reaction score
I don't care if they bring Pollard back or not, but the contract would need to be reasonable, which it probably won't be.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
H....E.....double hockey sticks....NOOOOO........since this FO can't pat their head and rub their belly at the same time, i hope they can at minimum upgrade the front seven on defense and improve the OL on offense. The "skilled" position players will be filled naturally. TP would be overpaid even at a discount.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I actually liked Pollard as the 2nd RB. If he'd go back to doing that again, I would have no problems keeping him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I prefer they draft a RB. However with other needs more pressing at LB, DT, OL. A 2 year deal for $8 million plus some incentives may be the way to go.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He needs to hit the market first so there is no question about the lowball offer we should be giving him. I don’t see a big market for him. We are likely bidding against ourselves for his services.

Proof

Reaction score
Fans are dumb.

All you hear are complaints about our crappy o-line (which it was) but apparently it’s the guy just coming fresh off a late season injury where his leg was facing backwards fault.

I wouldn’t mind Pollard back at a reasonable price and supplementing him with another talented back in the draft.
yeah, i'm not enamored with the idea, but wouldn't mind it at the right price. he looked much better the latter half of the season, and the metrics and him saying he didn't feel fully back until then seem to support that notion. he's very talented.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

One thing NBC Sports’ @MatthewBerryTMR learned coming out of the NFL Combine pertains to #Cowboys RB Tony Pollard:

“I’m told a likely landing spot for Tony Pollard is… Dallas? Yeah, apparently the Cowboys want to bring him back despite all of us thinking he had a down year. He wasn’t fully healthy for a lot of the year, but they like him a lot there and I was told: “Don’t be surprised if they bring Pollard back.”

The front office gave the reins to Pollard last season, believing in him as a No. 1 back. Now a full year removed from the injury and his positive stretch to end the year, they might re-sign him so Pollard and the front office can prove doubters wrong.

It would make sense to bring Tony Pollard back, especially if he agrees to around $6 mil / season.

Trade Trey Lance to the Vikings for either a 3rd ...... or a 4th round pick. Then use that pick to grab either RB Trey Benson or Braelon Allen. If both are gone, use the 4th rounder on Isaac Guerendo:

Isaac Guerendo | Louisville | 6-foot-0 | 221 pounds​

USATSI_22672938.jpg

Height: 6-foot-0 inches
Weight: 221 pounds
Wingspan: 74 7/8 inches
Arm Length: 30 3/4 inches
Hand Size: 9 1/4 inches
40-Yard Dash: 4.33 seconds (1st in position group)
20-Yard Shuttle: N/A
10-Yard Split: 1.55 (T-12th in position group)
3-Cone: N/A
Vertical: 41 1/2 inches (1st in position group)
Broad Jump: 129 inches (2nd in position group)

Guerendo was part of a dual running back system at Louisville. He didn’t get a lot of carries in college so he must not have been very productive, right? Wrong. Guerendo averaged 6.1 yards per attempt in 2023, and 6.0 yards per attempt in his career, per PFF.

Carson

Reaction score
I prefer they draft a RB. However with other needs more pressing at LB, DT, OL. A 2 year deal for $8 million plus some incentives may be the way to go.
We are going to need a few vets in there.

No way can we trot out rookies at RB, LT, C, DT and MLB and expect to be good

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Fans IN HERE are dumb.

All you hear are complaints about our crappy o-line (which it was) but apparently it’s the guy just coming fresh off a late season injury where his leg was facing backwards fault.

I wouldn’t mind Pollard back at a reasonable price and supplementing him with another talented back in the draft.
Fixed it for you bro. :grin: