Report: Former Cowboys DT Nick Hayden visits Seahawks

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nick Hayden is getting in on the free-agent action.
The former Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle has visited with the Seattle Seahawks on Monday, per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle.
Last season for the 'Boys, Hayden played in all 16 games making 15 starts on the defensive line. He recorded 33 tackles without any sacks. Hayden's primary job is stopping the run up the middle.
Hayden originally signed a futures contract with the Cowboys in 2013. Thanks to some injuries, Hayden was able to make more of a name for himself that year and went on to make 16 starts. He followed that up with 16 starts the next year before re-signing with the 'Boys in 2015 on a one-year deal.

http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Former-Cowboys-DT-Nick-Hayden-visits-Seahawks-45018538

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have never been as hard on Hayden as others have. He is what he is, a hardworking guy who is not a star nor has he been paid as a star but he is there week in and week out. I wish guys like Hardy, Gregory and Lawrence had Hayden mindset

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Don't blame Hayden for Dallas not investing in the DT position, he is what he is, a rotational/situational player thrust into a starting role.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I have never been as hard on Hayden as others have. He is what he is, a hardworking guy who is not a star nor has he been paid as a star but he is there week in and week out. I wish guys like Hardy, Gregory and Lawrence had Hayden mindset

Chicken v Egg thang. He had to, they didn't, etc. Natural talent takes precedent every time. May work well in other professions but not in a professional athletic setting. Try as hard as you want and hope it's enough. Unfortunately we took that as enough for 3 years now. Coleman could have replaced that production but wasn't given that opp. Hope for his sake he can stay in the league tbh just bc he is such a hard worker.

Last edited:

silver

Reaction score
Him and Marinelli are joined at the hip. He'll be back.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
The Hayden-haters are having a hard time processing why a team like Seattle would be interested in Hayden. Data like this just does not fit into their agenda.

He won't start in SEA?

Plankton

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The dislike for Hayden was always stupid. I get why you'd want a better player taking his reps, but the guy was more than good enough to play in an NFL rotation, was a high-effort lunchpail guy who was never hurt. There was never anything to not like about him. It was the team management that deserved the frustration on that one.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The Hayden-haters are having a hard time processing why a team like Seattle would be interested in Hayden. Data like this just does not fit into their agenda.

Not really. He played well against them both times we played.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Chicken v Egg thang. He had to, they didn't, etc. Natural talent takes precedent every time. May work well in other professions but not in a professional athletic setting. Try as hard as you want and hope it's enough. Unfortunately we took that as enough for 3 years now. Coleman could have replaced that production but wasn't given that opp. Hope for his sake he can stay in the league tbh just bc he is such a hard worker.

I have no issue with trying to upgrade any position but I will respect a man who works hard and does not take his career for granted, who works with teammates and is not out getting suspended. Those other guys have greater talent no question about it but guess what they do not do anything for this team when they are out for 4 games because they are too fricken stupid and take that god given talent for granted. For that I give credit to Hayden for being there putting in the work and giving his best effort for the Cowboys.