Report: Former Cowboys DT Nick Hayden visits Seahawks

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Last Time:

http://i1133.***BLOCKED***/albums/m600/DWAREZIZ/tempHaydenGal_020414_12--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

http://i1133.***BLOCKED***/albums/m600/DWAREZIZ/CLvdATeUsAA592i_1.jpg

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
The dislike for Hayden was always stupid. I get why you'd want a better player taking his reps, but the guy was more than good enough to play in an NFL rotation, was a high-effort lunchpail guy who was never hurt. There was never anything to not like about him. It was the team management that deserved the frustration on that one.

In the end, you're still saying he should have been cut 3 years ago bc he was a progress stopper. Not on him, but true nonetheless.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
He belonged in a rotation, anyway.

Why exactly? On field production, not off the field work ethic, etc. He gets pushed back way too much for any 1 tech and doesn't occupy the blockers to keep them off of our LBs/other DL; rotation or not. He was a progress stopper in that "we" felt comfortable w/him being below average and handing him a roster spot while also not looking to improve as vigorously. Hey, if the DC is okay w/him, no rush.

Even JJ/SJ said enough of that and got themselves a real 1 tech in FA after 3 seasons of sub par play. Coleman clearly outplayed him in PS before the season and was cut so Hayden could start. He is a marginal talent but had the strength to play the position better than Hayden could. Cut, Hayden starts game 1.

Strategery?

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He was terrible here and got way too many snaps. He was consistently pushed around and never drew the doubles teams that would help the rest of the pass rush.

Hard workers are great but we need production. This isn't Rudy.

He outlasted his stay. But let's be brutally frank, that's not his problem.

He was durable. He did what he was asked. He executed to the best of his ability.

Not his fault we had a severe issue in evaluating the interior DL.

That tends to be a problem with this organization.

It usually takes two or three years of mediocrity before the Joneses look at it, take the rose colored glasses off, and decide it really was not what they thought it was.

I still remember the loyalty shown to Phil Costa. Sometimes the player just has to fade away because they will never be shown the door with force, especially if they were a trooper.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why exactly? On field production, not off the field work ethic, etc. He gets pushed back way too much for any 1 tech and doesn't occupy the blockers to keep them off of our LBs/other DL; rotation or not. He was a progress stopper in that "we" felt comfortable w/him being below average and handing him a roster spot while also not looking to improve as vigorously. Hey, if the DC is okay w/him, no rush.

Even JJ/SJ said enough of that and got themselves a real 1 tech in FA after 3 seasons of sub par play. Coleman clearly outplayed him in PS before the season and was cut so Hayden could start. He is a marginal talent but had the strength to play the position better than Hayden could. Cut, Hayden starts game 1.

Strategery?

He's a 60 game starter on three different NFL teams and being looked at by a good fourth. He missed one game in Dallas. If you don't see that he belongs in a rotation in this league from his resume alone, I doubt I'll be able to convince you otherwise. But his record pretty much speaks for itself.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
He's a 60 game starter on three different NFL teams and being looked at by a good fourth. He missed one game in Dallas. If you don't see that he belongs in a rotation in this league from his resume alone, I doubt I'll be able to convince you otherwise. But his record pretty much speaks for itself.

47 starts w/us and 13 w/Carolina while they were rebuilding 08-10'. He started 10 of those games in CAR in 2010 and they let him walk. Spent a year as a backup in CIN only playing in 2 games in 2011.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
47 starts w/us and 13 w/Carolina while they were rebuilding 08-10'. Spent a year as a backup in CIN before signing with us after producing 2 tkls in 2011.

Yep. Like I said, he's a rotational player. But he definitely earned those roster spots. Let's see if SEA picks him up now.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The dislike for Hayden was always stupid. I get why you'd want a better player taking his reps, but the guy was more than good enough to play in an NFL rotation, was a high-effort lunchpail guy who was never hurt. There was never anything to not like about him. It was the team management that deserved the frustration on that one.

People also forget that Hayden was the fourth string his first year (2013) and was only playing because Ratliff, Crawford and Ben Bass all got hurt. Things would have been even worse that year if they had been playing street free agents instead of Hayden.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People also forget that Hayden was the fourth string his first year (2013) and was only playing because Ratliff, Crawford and Ben Bass all got hurt. Things would have been even worse that year if they had been playing street free agents instead of Hayden.

He was like a bad penny we couldn't give away. :)

Doomsay

Reaction score
I wonder if Seatle uses the Marinelli grading curve?

Guy was terrible and shouldn't have been on the team beyond 2013.

Last edited:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

no one has ever really figured out why some set of fans always have a "hate-on" for a given player. they either come up with their own or glob onto whoever the current hated player is.

annoying as hell that we have such fans that are not happy unless they're hating, but it is what it is.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Nick Hayden has a very good work ethic so does Zeke, so we should draft Zeke and pair him with Hayden to teach the rest of team work ethic. So drafting Zeke is imperative for this master plan. Zeke is the key. Zeke Zeke (so I was able to transition this to a Zeke thread lmao)

Sydla

Reaction score
The Hayden-haters are having a hard time processing why a team like Seattle would be interested in Hayden. Data like this just does not fit into their agenda.

Is he going to start at DT for the Seahawks?

Hayden would have been just fine here as a rotational, back up guy. But he wasn't. He was a starter, a guy who while clearly was getting his *** handed to him at times, was logging most of the DT minutes.