Report: Former Cowboys DT Nick Hayden visits Seahawks

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no one has ever really figured out why some set of fans always have a "hate-on" for a given player. they either come up with their own or glob onto whoever the current hated player is.

annoying as hell that we have such fans that are not happy unless they're hating, but it is what it is.

Yep. I can see hating on the guy as a starter, but taking it to the extreme of saying he doesn't belong on an NFL roster is overkill.

John813

Reaction score
I think that's a bad idea. I don't think Crawford will do well at de. Then that leaves a hole at dt also.

Oh, I wasn't serious. Should of put a sarcasm note in there lol.
I agree Crawford out to DE doesn't make sense.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Yep. I can see hating on the guy as a starter, but taking it to the extreme of saying he doesn't belong on an NFL roster is overkill.

hate doesn't care about its target, as long as it gets to hate.

Doomsay

Reaction score
The tired hating the player shtick. Not too many people cared enough to hate Nick personally, but he hurt the team generally when he played. On the other hand, the laziness of the FO to not find even a marginal upgrade for one of the most ineffective DT's in the league, probably did bother a lot of people, and justifiably so.

Other than the golden cock business, the only personal negative I can recall was his touting of an inflated report card after a 2 tackle, 2 assist performance. The guy achieved zero penetration while being single covered on almost every play...... better against the run, but only marginally. He was among the easiest upgrades to make on the team over the past 2 seasons, yet the FO whiffed.

3ElKyLf.png

Last edited:

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As others have posted here Nick Haden was a hard worker. I think he missed 1 game while here. I can appreciate his dedication and work ethic.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Is he going to start at DT for the Seahawks?

Hayden would have been just fine here as a rotational, back up guy. But he wasn't. He was a starter, a guy who while clearly was getting his *** handed to him at times, was logging most of the DT minutes.

Maybe he is going to start for the Seahawks. I don't remember but I don't think it was the Cowboy's game plan on starting Hayden. You do need backups and guys coming off the bench to give the starters a break. He just worked his way into the starting lineup due to injuries, and you know, like following directions and his assignments. If you want a guy who will be in the proper place, give you 100% effort, and likely stay healthy, then Hayden is a good player to have.

Seattle lost a few players on the DL and an injury or two on their DL, and Hayden might just be starting again. Assuming Seattle picks him up.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I wouldn't call him a scrub but there was better options for the Cowboys than Hayden. They finally realize that.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Maybe he is going to start for the Seahawks. I don't remember but I don't think it was the Cowboy's game plan on starting Hayden. You do need backups and guys coming off the bench to give the starters a break. He just worked his way into the starting lineup due to injuries, and you know, like following directions and his assignments. If you want a guy who will be in the proper place, give you 100% effort, and likely stay healthy, then Hayden is a good player to have.

Seattle lost a few players on the DL and an injury or two on their DL, and Hayden might just be starting again. Assuming Seattle picks him up.

I doubt he ever starts again unless 1st & 2nd stringers are injured.

silver

Reaction score
I blame Marinelli for allowing Hayden to hang around so long.

Blame the personel guy for not finding any replacements. Actually McClain #97 was suposed to have replaced him but he always hurt. And for some unknown reason we just dont draft NT's ever.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

I think that is telling that we had almost 20 FAs this year and the only ones with new teams are Cassel, Bern and Turbin.

We re-signed at least 10 of our own guys after a few of them garnered a little interest but not many offers.

No comp picks this year it seems.

jnday

Reaction score
He outlasted his stay. But let's be brutally frank, that's not his problem.

He was durable. He did what he was asked. He executed to the best of his ability.

Not his fault we had a severe issue in evaluating the interior DL.

That tends to be a problem with this organization.

It usually takes two or three years of mediocrity before the Joneses look at it, take the rose colored glasses off, and decide it really was not what they thought it was.

I still remember the loyalty shown to Phil Costa. Sometimes the player just has to fade away because they will never be shown the door with force, especially if they were a trooper.

Exactly. Costa was the first player that came to mind when I think of the Hayden situation. Signs of a reactive FO for sure.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
no one has ever really figured out why some set of fans always have a "hate-on" for a given player. they either come up with their own or glob onto whoever the current hated player is.

annoying as hell that we have such fans that are not happy unless they're hating, but it is what it is.

Some posters just give the masses what they want.

Then they can sit back and watch the likes roll in

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
The tired hating the player shtick. Not too many people cared enough to hate Nick personally, but he hurt the team generally when he played. On the other hand, the laziness of the FO to not find even a marginal upgrade for one of the most ineffective DT's in the league, probably did bother a lot of people, and justifiably so.

Other than the golden cock business, the only personal negative I can recall was his touting of an inflated report card after a 2 tackle, 2 assist performance. The guy achieved zero penetration while being single covered on almost every play...... better against the run, but only marginally. He was among the easiest upgrades to make on the team over the past 2 seasons, yet the FO whiffed.

3ElKyLf.png

Seems like other teams don't grade their players so graciously. :D Hayden is a good example of my wondering if Marinelli is almost too selfless at times. The ability to work with anything is good, but you could ask for some help here and there buddy. Churn the roster at least, etc.

Sticking with man corners, but playing primarily zone in CH and being quite successful in generating good D's via pressure from DL/zone schemes is another one I can't piece together. The DL pressure obv hasn't been developed/signed there yet though Lawrence and Hardy helped a little last year, but why are we clinging to Man Corners despite his preference for zone coverage?

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

I hope for his own well being that he sticks with another team but there are ALOT of JAGs out there with the same issue. Maybe he will turn into a decent DL coach down the road bc his work ethic would translate well there and to many other professions. The old saying, average players make the better coaches, etc.