News: Report: NFL replacing Pro Bowl with flag football game, skills competitions

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Pro Bowl as we know it is reportedly coming to an end.

At the end of this season, the league will instead play a flag football game at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Sunday, February 5, according to Rob Maaddi of the Associated Press.

The league will also have what it is calling “Pro Bowl Games” during the week before the Super Bowl, which will consist of skills competitions between AFC and NFC players. The league has already been experimenting with a skills competition before the Pro Bowl but will apparently be attempting to make these a bigger event for both the fans and the players involved.

More: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-with-flag-football-game-skills-competitions/

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I’m okay with this because I didn’t watch it before and still won’t. The game was pointless and even flag football will probably see maybe 75% effort because you could still tear an ACL cutting.

My only ask: stop taking replacement players. You shouldn’t be getting pro bowl nods if you’re the sixth best RB in the conference but this guy’s in the SB, this guy’s hurt, this guy declined to go, etc.

quickccc

Reaction score
Super obvious .... too much injury risk and tenativeness
players really don't want it.

meh .....i'm not watching any flag football ..at the least i'll catch the NFL Fastest man,..Strongest Man and other Skill Competition games

The most popular sports in the world, but its come down to this. ..end . :rolleyes:.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl as we know it is reportedly coming to an end.

At the end of this season, the league will instead play a flag football game at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Sunday, February 5, according to Rob Maaddi of the Associated Press.

The league will also have what it is calling “Pro Bowl Games” during the week before the Super Bowl, which will consist of skills competitions between AFC and NFC players. The league has already been experimenting with a skills competition before the Pro Bowl but will apparently be attempting to make these a bigger event for both the fans and the players involved.

More: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-with-flag-football-game-skills-competitions/
Prequel for where the nfl rules are taking the actual games LOL

Aftershock

Reaction score
Lame. Just have Jerry jones and roger goodell in a boxing match

the two fattest o lineman in a sumo match

survivor-type games for the skill and speedy guys

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not watched a pro bowl game since the 90's. When half the team were Cowboys players.
I have watched 5 or 10 minutes here and there from there. But have not tuned in at all since 2016. Then that was for a few minutes here and there.

If they make it like the old QB challenge from back in the 80's. It may be somewhat interesting, but not flag football.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Dress them all in VR suits and let them play virtual probowl.

Mannix

Reaction score
I’m okay with this because I didn’t watch it before and still won’t. The game was pointless and even flag football will probably see maybe 75% effort because you could still tear an ACL cutting.

My only ask: stop taking replacement players. You shouldn’t be getting pro bowl nods if you’re the sixth best RB in the conference but this guy’s in the SB, this guy’s hurt, this guy declined to go, etc.
I think flag football is even MORE dangerous...you try and AVOID....not run over....recipe for tearing something. NY is sooo stupid...just do away with the whole thing...not to hard to figure out. If they wanna do something, have a Dak VS Carr rematch....of course, Dak won't be there....that ship has loooong passed.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The league should dismiss the entire ordeal. Last years Pro Bowl averaged 6.69 million viewers across ABC, ESPN & DisneyXD, the smallest audience for the game in 16 years, since ESPN averaged 5.96 million in 2006.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
They ought to just scrap this whole charade....but i guess money is the root of all evil. If i was a player, no way would i even participate in this event and risk injury for no reason. It has lost all meaning, respect and credibility. Winning teams get $80k per and losing teams get $40k per. Not worth it all compared to their salaries. The NFL is the real winner in all this.

Sydla

Reaction score
A microcosm of our country.

LOL. Really?

It's a stupid game that no one ever really paid attention to. And when they started hosting before the SB, players on those teams obviously weren't going to play anyway.