News: Report: NFL replacing Pro Bowl with flag football game, skills competitions

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As soft as the Pro Bowl games have been, I think this will actually be more entertaining. They should play with no pads, to make it a faster, more exciting game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
As others have said.. this was inevitable. The game stopped being even remotely entertaining at least 20 years ago. Turn it into the end of year "convention" for the NFL awards kind of like corporate America does with end of year sales trips to exotic spots for their highest performers. One thing that MIGHT be entertaining would be a sort of "Olympics" between the conferences. Give me a bench press competition.. a 40 yard dash race.. maybe a fat man relay between the linemen on each team. Skills competition? Meh..

tyke1doe

Reaction score
They ought to just scrap this whole charade....but i guess money is the root of all evil. If i was a player, no way would i even participate in this event and risk injury for no reason. It has lost all meaning, respect and credibility. Winning teams get $80k per and losing teams get $40k per. Not worth it all compared to their salaries. The NFL is the real winner in all this.

The LOVE of money ...

plasticman

Reaction score
You want renewed interest in the Pro Bowl?

A new policy: Players are not designated as Pro Bowlers unless they participated in the game.

Being selected to the Pro Bowl is a valuable achievement when negotiating a contract and when being considered for the Hall of Fame. Play the game after the Super Bowl and if they don't play then they are stripped of the award.

Also, whichever conference wins, those teams get the 9 homes games the following season and the losing conference's teams must play 9 away games.

Otherwise, if they are going to play flag football then the only way to stimulate interest is to require each player to wear a tutu instead of a flag. In order for the play to end, the player with the ball must have his tutu pulled down to his ankles.

sideon

Reaction score
I stopped watching when the 2010s arrived. I think the last time I watched a full Pro Bowl game was 2008.

ghst187

Reaction score
They should replace the regular season games with these too.
And also..wear pink tutus

Shane612

Reaction score
I think some rich dude should start a professional flag football league.