News: Report: NFL replacing Pro Bowl with flag football game, skills competitions

Sydla

Reaction score
The fact there will be people bothered by this is hilarious to me. I suspect if you had a venn diagram of the people this move bothers and those that freak out over rules that are to protect players from getting hurt, you'd have one big circle.

exciter

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl as we know it is reportedly coming to an end.

At the end of this season, the league will instead play a flag football game at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Sunday, February 5, according to Rob Maaddi of the Associated Press.

The league will also have what it is calling “Pro Bowl Games” during the week before the Super Bowl, which will consist of skills competitions between AFC and NFC players. The league has already been experimenting with a skills competition before the Pro Bowl but will apparently be attempting to make these a bigger event for both the fans and the players involved.

More: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-with-flag-football-game-skills-competitions/
Give it 20 years, that’s where the whole league will be!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
This makes it more fun and easier on the players. Maybe the pro bowl will be desired by big time players now

exciter

Reaction score
The fact there will be people bothered by this is hilarious to me. I suspect if you had a venn diagram of the people this move bothers and those that freak out over rules that are to protect players from getting hurt, you'd have one big circle.
I could really care less the pro bowl game is pointless. Just have to wonder how many years before the league goes this route wholesale!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

At the end of this season, the league will instead play a flag football game at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Sunday, February 5, according to Rob Maaddi of the Associated Press.

The league will also have what it is calling “Pro Bowl Games” during the week before the Super Bowl, which will consist of skills competitions between AFC and NFC players. The league has already been experimenting with a skills competition before the Pro Bowl but will apparently be attempting to make these a bigger event for both the fans and the players involved.

More: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-with-flag-football-game-skills-competitions/
The NFL is heading towards flag football as well !
This is your preview !
:lmao:

LysleE

Reaction score
Why does the NFL still even have the Pro Bowl? It’s been a joke and irrelevant for some time. I’m sure the players have no desire to attend, unless there are contractual incentives tied to their appearance.

And who wants to watch NFL flag football? The skills competition might be cool, but I think this is just another way to fleece it’s fans out of even more money…as if they don’t get enough of it by fans attending games.

Silly

Reaction score
Still not watching. If they want to go to flag football, have the matches between the cheerleaders. I would watch that.

The skills might be fun. I recall in the early 80's they had skill competitions on tv for celebrities. Mr. T surprised everyone with his speed & I think Franco got hurt carrying a fridge on his back.

Cheerleaders + Flag football = must watch tv! I don't know if I care about skills all that much????????

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
excellent point.
Like the NBA all star game they dont play hard they just chill while playing. Playing tackle you cant do that or sum1 gets hurt. Flag is a great way to keep it competitive but lets players not have to tear their bodies up in the process. Ill actually prolly tune in now

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Meh, doesn't surprise me really. I would much rather watch some skills competitions anyway.

It does make you laugh though, an NFL flag football game. :laugh:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It hasn't been much more than a flag football game in recent years anyway, and who knows, they may actually put more effort into it with contact off the table.

Doesn't really matter to me either way though. I quit watching the game a long time ago.

csirl

Reaction score
So we get to see Dak in a QB skills conpetition?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I have very fond memories of saying goodbye to the football season and watching the pro bowl, a real football game, and all star game like every sport had. I did get tired of it after maybe my first 18 years or so as a fan. I cant say if this is good or not, but it makes me a little sad.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I am down with the old school QB Challenge, so sort of group skills competition would be cool. If I was a fan though I would be pissed if one of my teams' players blew out an ACL competing for some nonsense game at the end of the year.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just get rid of the FF game and do skills comp. I would tune in for hot dog eating, beer chugging and the pole vaulting :laugh:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The Pro Bowl has basically been touch or flag football for awhile. It’s a joke. Back in the 70’s and 80’s it was a pretty good game. Players wanted to win and played with pride. Now they’re afraid to get a hangnail.

Motorola

Reaction score

ABOUT DAMN TIME