News: Report: Prescott has come down to 33-35ish in terms of annual value for upcoming contract

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I guarantee the Dak Boyz wanna see Prescott sign some exorbitant contract because they see it as some point to brag about.

“Heeeehaw! Suck it haterzzzz!!!! We’re paying Dak $40M+!!!!!!!

Swagger

Reaction score
Those who question the decision to sign Dak Prescott to a long term contract will not be surprised, just disappointed because it will kneecap the team until he has been offloaded.

Swagger

Reaction score
I only care about winning the Superbowl.

No personal attachments to other players.

I think the pragmatic approach to take, and it's one that Belilchick would surely take if he didn't have Brady, would be to draft a QB on a rookie contract then after four years, let him walk and go with the next rookie QB signed the season before you let the other one go. The process goes on. etc.

You save yourself $25 million each season allowing you to get a couple of other top quality players to push for a Superbowl.

Swagger

Reaction score
Unless you draft an elite rookie QB like a Mahomes, Watson, Wilson etc then of course you can stick with them.

The issue with people on here is perhaps that some do not view Prescott as an elite QB or near that level (like me) and there are those who genuinely seem to consider Prescott an elite QB worthy of being paid at the same level of a Wilson or Rodgers etc.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guarantee the Dak Boyz wanna see Prescott sign some exorbitant contract because they see it as some point to brag about.

Guess they like watching Field Goals kicked all game long.
lol....Or College ball being played in the NFL.

Then again they might like how we beat up on dead teams and fold like a cheap tent against real defenses.

Amazing time in Big D....

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
2018 (first 7 games)
128 of 206 (62.1%) 1417 yd 6.8 ypa 8 td 4 int 88.5 (23rd)
2019 (first 7 games)
168 of 238 (70.6%) 2123 yd 8.9 ypa 12 td 7 int 102.6 (8th)

You're right about the interceptions. He had 4 INT through the first 7 games last year, but already has 7 this year.

That really stands out.
Thanks Percy, that's a great improvement!

starfan1

Reaction score

most of us who support Dak are not in support of the erroneous 40 mil claim. That wasn't Dak's camp that has been a Jane Slater mistake is my understanding. Its not my money if it ends up being that then so be it but hes not worth that. but hes worth more than Wentz IMO. But I for one will sit back and smile when it happens. I think it would be Karma for some posters here.

Number1

Reaction score
Listen to the Fat man he is correct (Hence no deal as of today) and pray Dak finds 30 million from another team this off-season and hits the road!

actually the fat guy (I don't know his name or wouldn't ref him as such) had the weakest argument at the table, the others are former NFL players - who were all in disagreement with the "fact less" fat man

BTW, you never answered the question - "are you a bot?"

I have trouble believing any football fan would be so stuck on ignorance - it belittles the game, and yourself

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I only care about winning the Superbowl.

No personal attachments to other players.

I think the pragmatic approach to take, and it's one that Belilchick would surely take if he didn't have Brady, would be to draft a QB on a rookie contract then after four years, let him walk and go with the next rookie QB signed the season before you let the other one go. The process goes on. etc.

You save yourself $25 million each season allowing you to get a couple of other top quality players to push for a Superbowl.

Sounds great on paper. The problem is the number of "can't miss" QBs who actually do miss.

What happens when you let a good one walk and the next guy ends up being a bust? You look like a fool and get fired (unless you're the Joneses, in which case you look like fools but keep your jobs).

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Let Jerry keep wasting time kicking the can. He's gonna kick a can named Mahomes and he's really gonna have to pony up. Sometimes what looks like a lot now. Is really a bargain unless you wait for the Mahomes can.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Guess they like watching Field Goals kicked all game long.
lol....Or College ball being played in the NFL.

Then again they might like how we beat up on dead teams and fold like a cheap tent against real defenses.

Amazing time in Big D....
Per by the way? These things were happening long before Dak got here. Maybe? Just Maybe? It might be the coach or GM??? Or both...