News: Report: Prescott has come down to 33-35ish in terms of annual value for upcoming contract

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Dak is on pace to throw a similar amount of times he threw last season. He has 7 INTs through the first half of the season, he had 4 through the first 7 games last year.
2018 (first 7 games)
128 of 206 (62.1%) 1417 yd 6.8 ypa 8 td 4 int 88.5 (23rd)
2019 (first 7 games)
168 of 238 (70.6%) 2123 yd 8.9 ypa 12 td 7 int 102.6 (8th)

You're right about the interceptions. He had 4 INT through the first 7 games last year, but already has 7 this year.

That really stands out.

ghst187

Reaction score
Embarrassing that the NFL has allowed QB contracts to get like this. A freakin' bus driver, a middling QB, can get elite QB money.

Eventually owners have to start understanding that giving QBs these big contracts hurt more than they help in the long term.

cousins got his...and he’s worse...
You’re right terrible situation...but RG hasn’t effectively managed anything difficult as commish because he’s terrible and clueless.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
No he wasn’t. His contract year was the year he won’t a super bowl. Th ravens didn’t want to ou him so they said play out the season and he did and had one of the greatest postseason AB could had in route to a Super Bowl. Hence why he said at t he super aim that the ravens were about to back up the brinks truck. The ravens didn’t want to do that but they had no choice based off plays the wait and see game and him consequently winning the super bowl. He was never a great qb again after that super bowl season.

I lived in Baltimore at that time
Im confused. Wasnt he paid in 2013 after the SB?

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Im confused. Wasnt he paid in 2013 after the SB?
Smh. To put it in his final year of his rookie deal was 2012-13 season and he was trying to get a contract extension that training camp . Gina Nd his agent we’re trying to get that done but the Ravens front office did exactly what the cowboys are doing to Dak and Thad him play out his contract and he went on to have a breakthrough that season and win ngl mvp when the ravens weren’t projected as super bowl contenders. You can’t jsut look at numbers on a computer to see the story. Am you need context. Go read articles on Joe Flacco 2013 contract and you’ll have a better understanding cuz you don’t understand the situation as I doubt many here do since it’s unrelated to the cowboys or the nfc. The ravens could’ve saved millions on his contract(which was team friendly)but they made him play it out

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146725/article/joe-flaccos-ravens-contract-includes-52m-guaranteed?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Daround-the-league;team%3Dbal;conf%3Dafc;dvsn%3Dacn;plyr%3Djoseph_flacco;plyr%3Ddrew_brees;plyr%3Dterrell_suggs&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=true&p.tcm=%23fff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp

mattjames2010

Reaction score
cousins got his...and he’s worse...
You’re right terrible situation...but RG hasn’t effectively managed anything difficult as commish because he’s terrible and clueless.

Vikings will be let down by Cousins when he has to come up big in a crucial moment and will let down the team like he did with the Commanders multiple times. Dude just doesn't have it.

Number1

Reaction score
But that is what you could say about 70% of the QBs that have ever played in the NFL

I'd say about 40% in terms of pure physical talent

what separates Dak is toughness - and that's factor I'd bet on, and I think that as much as anything will influence JJ

here's what most are missing, there are at least 10 contracts that have to be reworked to extend Dak, cap-ology
in other words what the team thinks of Dak will impact his pay, do they trust him as QB?

Probably yeah, from day 1 this they know if they can keep him on his feet he'll make plays, with few mistakes
he doesn't have Joe Montana's touch, only 5 guys in the NFL do - other than that it's hard to criticize his game
and don't discount the value of 3+ years starting in the NFL and 3 playoff games - THAT'S MAJOR

the odds he can be quickly replaced with better are very low

it will also be impacted by the fact he'll make far more here in endorsements and commercials than anywhere else
I'm guessing that's worth $10m a year ... we are talking about the premiere job in all of sports
double that if he resigns is probably built into existing contracts - if leaves ... likely a serious enforcement income cut

moreover both sides want to sign a deal ... it'll get done

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Smh. To put it in his final year of his rookie deal was 2012-13 season and he was trying to get a contract extension that training camp . Gina Nd his agent we’re trying to get that done but the Ravens front office did exactly what the cowboys are doing to Dak and Thad him play out his contract and he went on to have a breakthrough that season and win ngl mvp when the ravens weren’t projected as super bowl contenders. You can’t jsut look at numbers on a computer to see the story. Am you need context. Go read articles on Joe Flacco 2013 contract and you’ll have a better understanding cuz you don’t understand the situation as I doubt many here do since it’s unrelated to the cowboys or the nfc. The ravens could’ve saved millions on his contract(which was team friendly)but they made him play it out

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146725/article/joe-flaccos-ravens-contract-includes-52m-guaranteed?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Daround-the-league;team%3Dbal;conf%3Dafc;dvsn%3Dacn;plyr%3Djoseph_flacco;plyr%3Ddrew_brees;plyr%3Dterrell_suggs&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=true&p.tcm=%23fff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp
I got ya ... But was he paid after or before the Super Bowl? Did the Super Bowl have any impact on that contract?

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I got ya ... But was he paid after or before the Super Bowl? Did the Super Bowl have any impact on that contract?
After the Super Bowl and it had a huge impact in the contract. He wasn’t considered top tier but winning super bowl mvp and having practically one of the best postseason runs ever for a Qb increased his value tremendously.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
After the Super Bowl and it had a huge impact in the contract. He wasn’t considered top tier but winning super bowl mvp and having practically one of the best postseason runs ever for a Qb increased his value tremendously.
Flacco gave the Ravens five seasons of mediocre football, mediocre to the point that they let him play out his entire rookie contract. He had a great playoff run, the Ravens broke down and paid him, and he proceeded to reward the Ravens with an additional six seasons of mediocre to bad football...

jnday

Reaction score
Keep letting him play. He has seen enough to know his value has dropped 6-7 million this season, so let him continue. He will be asking for 21 million by the last game and that will still be more than he’s worth.

jnday

Reaction score
75 dollars to park is embarrassing, 7.50 soda's are embarrassing, 15 dollar hamburgers are embarrassing. PSL's are embarrassing.

The players deserve more money than they are currently getting.
No, those prices should be lowered to a reasonable level. Don’t compound stupidity by condoning those prices so that players can make more. The prices should not prevent a family from going to a game, but they do.

jnday

Reaction score
That doesn't make sense to me. The whole rationale for not paying Dak is that a big cap hit will cost other players. A franchise tag immediately drops $33 million on the salary cap so you are immediately losing the players you were so worried about. A longterm deal would allow you to gradually increase Dak's salary as the cap goes up.
There is a difference from committing to pay 33million for a year and 33 million for 6 years. Tagging him for one or two years can be worked around. 6 years can not.

blueblood70

Reaction score
2018 (first 7 games)
128 of 206 (62.1%) 1417 yd 6.8 ypa 8 td 4 int 88.5 (23rd)
2019 (first 7 games)
168 of 238 (70.6%) 2123 yd 8.9 ypa 12 td 7 int 102.6 (8th)

You're right about the interceptions. He had 4 INT through the first 7 games last year, but already has 7 this year.

That really stands out.
you cant have it both ways, this year the DC Offense has been more aggressive downfield and throwing more on first down etc etc, sometimes when you do that high risk throw can lead to INts..some were tipped type and what not..

Safe dink and dunk vs more aggression? I like the more aggressive Dak who is trying to get the ball to his playmakers at the snap vs holding it too long and taking sacks and fumbles.. hes throwing more to receivers even when not wide open and I believe thats growth.. ill take few more picks over the old overly safe offense..weve simply had some bad bounces this year, it happens..i dont want a gun shy qb..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd say about 40% in terms of pure physical talent

what separates Dak is toughness - and that's factor I'd bet on, and I think that as much as anything will influence JJ

here's what most are missing, there are at least 10 contracts that have to be reworked to extend Dak, cap-ology
in other words what the team thinks of Dak will impact his pay, do they trust him as QB?

Probably yeah, from day 1 this they know if they can keep him on his feet he'll make plays, with few mistakes
he doesn't have Joe Montana's touch, only 5 guys in the NFL do - other than that it's hard to criticize his game
and don't discount the value of 3+ years starting in the NFL and 3 playoff games - THAT'S MAJOR

the odds he can be quickly replaced with better are very low

it will also be impacted by the fact he'll make far more here in endorsements and commercials than anywhere else
I'm guessing that's worth $10m a year ... we are talking about the premiere job in all of sports
double that if he resigns is probably built into existing contracts - if leaves ... likely a serious enforcement income cut

moreover both sides want to sign a deal ... it'll get done

Listen to the Fat man he is correct (Hence no deal as of today) and pray Dak finds 30 million from another team this off-season and hits the road!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep letting him play. He has seen enough to know his value has dropped 6-7 million this season, so let him continue. He will be asking for 21 million by the last game and that will still be more than he’s worth.

21 million dang didn't know "Bus Drivers" make that much?
By week 17 he will be begging for 20 million......

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

21 million dang didn't know "Bus Drivers" make that much?
By week 17 he will be begging for 20 million......

I see a couple folks are in for a big surprise. It doesn't matter what you, I, or anyone else here thinks - starting QBs in the NFL get paid and Jerry loves Dak.

Dak's price hasn't dropped $7 million so far this season, and he won't be begging for $20 million by seasons end unless he suffers a career-threatening injury. What you're talking about isn't finance, it's fantasy.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see a couple folks are in for a big surprise. It doesn't matter what you, I, or anyone else here thinks - starting QBs in the NFL get paid, and Jerry loves Dak.

Dak's price hasn't dropped $7 million so far this season, and he won't be begging for $20 million by seasons end unless he suffers a career-threatening injury. What you're talking about isn't finance, it's fantasy.

We keep kicking Field Goals by week 17 he will be lucky to get a couple of Cheeseburgers from Jerry & Sons......

shabazz

Reaction score
35 Million?
hqdefault.jpg