News: Report: Prescott has come down to 33-35ish in terms of annual value for upcoming contract

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Hopefully we just tag him next year. Having a QB on a short term deal is a pretty big strategic advantage.
I am also thinking on the same lines , but if he holds out( a la Zeke) or take any injury excuse and sits on bench , that strategy will backfire. I do think he is not a 30 Mil QB, even with intangibles and leading the team , but unfortunately the market rate is like that , it would be interesting to see him test the waters and see if anyone will give him that kind of deal . But Jerry has burnt his fingers with QB vaccum before and so wont let that happen .

cowboyed

Reaction score
*sigh* Romo didn't have the cast around him that Dak does. Are you comparing Dak's O-Line to what Romo went through?

Also, Romo's INT numbers weren't all that high compared to the amount he threw the ball in the era he played (Yes, early in his career the QB play was different, compare his numbers to his peers)

Dak is turning the ball over more this year than has any time in the past.

With the exception of 2012 Romo's line was pretty good with the likes of Leary, Frederick and Free in 2013 and the addition of Martin in 2014. In 2015 they added Collins to that formidable line but that is the time that Romo was getting injured more readily. I think although talented the offensive line was less less experienced during Romo's early quarterback starting years and by the time Dak got to start they were at their peak. Let's be fair to Dak as well, that line is becoming more inconsistent and our 3 amazing offensive lineman Smith, Frederick and Martin are more susceptible to injury and are football aging.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3f2s7k.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

StuckMojo

Reaction score
So did Romo take a discount because he was QB for Dallas. If memory serves me, his latest deal was record-breaking.

The front office should learn from their mistakes and not repeat the same mistakes over.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
With the exception of 2012 Romo's line was pretty good with the likes of Leary, Frederick and Free in 2013 and the addition of Martin in 2014. In 2015 they added Collins to that formidable line but that is the time that Romo was getting injured more readily. I think although talented the offensive line was less less experienced during Romo's early quarterback starting years and by the time Dak got to start they were at their peak. Let's be fair to Dak as well, that line is becoming more inconsistent and our 3 amazing offensive lineman Smith, Frederick and Martin are more susceptible to injury and are football aging.

Are you insane? The line was bad from 2009 to 2013. Romo was sacked no less than 34 times each of those seasons (outside of 2010 due to injury) and it would have been a crap ton more if Romo wasn't elusive in the pocket.

Our pass protection didn't get good until 2014, and even then I think it was overrated and they had brain farts - the Commanders game comes to mind along with the Lions playoff game.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I agree with you but Joe was a SB winner at the time, yadda yadda. I don't think the timing of his contract is comparable.
No he wasn’t. His contract year was the year he won’t a super bowl. Th ravens didn’t want to ou him so they said play out the season and he did and had one of the greatest postseason AB could had in route to a Super Bowl. Hence why he said at t he super aim that the ravens were about to back up the brinks truck. The ravens didn’t want to do that but they had no choice based off plays the wait and see game and him consequently winning the super bowl. He was never a great qb again after that super bowl season.

I lived in Baltimore at that time

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I am also thinking on the same lines , but if he holds out( a la Zeke) or take any injury excuse and sits on bench , that strategy will backfire. I do think he is not a 30 Mil QB, even with intangibles and leading the team , but unfortunately the market rate is like that , it would be interesting to see him test the waters and see if anyone will give him that kind of deal . But Jerry has burnt his fingers with QB vaccum before and so wont let that happen .

When was the last time a QB held out? I think Dak would be the first QB to holdout in years. I think Tannehill did, but that was over a rookie contract dispute, right?

Though, I do think Dak would gain some leverage if he did hold out, but at the same time, he's passing up on guaranteed money.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When was the last time a QB held out? I think Dak would be the first QB to holdout in years. I think Tannehill did, but that was over a rookie contract dispute, right?

Though, I do think Dak would gain some leverage if he did hold out, but at the same time, he's passing up on guaranteed money.

By week 17, Dak and his agent will be begging for a contract in the twenty rage......

mattjames2010

Reaction score
By week 17, Dak and his agent will be begging for a contract in the twenty rage......

Jerry doesn't sound too optimistic about how our team is playing right now, and if Jason gets canned, I do wonder if Jerry slaps Prescott with the franchise tag and allows the new coach to then decide if he wants to go with Prescott or look to the draft.

But Jerry and his old big heart might get in the way and give out that contract.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry doesn't sound too optimistic about how our team is playing right now, and if Jason gets canned, I do wonder if Jerry slaps Prescott with the franchise tag and allows the new coach to then decide if he wants to go with Prescott or look to the draft.

But Jerry and his old big heart might get in the way and give out that contract.

He's simply doesn't elevate the players around him and on the contrary, needs mucho talent around him and to be carried to pass for a measly 200 yards.
Don't these Dak-Zoids understand that's the sole reason why he is still without a FRANCHISE contract?
Jeez, there's stupid then there's Dak-Zoid Stupid....

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He's simply doesn't elevate the players around him and on the contrary, needs mucho talent around him and to be carried to pass for a measly 200 yards.
Don't these Dak-Zoids understand that's the sole reason why he is still without a FRANCHISE contract?

Sadly, it doesn't matter how we all think here, it'll come down to Jerry. But the previous offseason shows that they are all in on Dak moving forward.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sadly, it doesn't matter how we all think here, it'll come down to Jerry. But the previous offseason shows that they are all in on Dak moving forward.

Probably but not at 30 million a year......

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
....might be 35. I think you should get prepared for that, seems Dak's agent is pushing 40 with the hopes of meeting in the middle at 35. I think 33 is the least he'll be getting a year.
No skin off my back after 25 years of losing well you get the idea.
The next 2 month decide Daks future at Big D ....or else the contract would have done since the spring....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
*sigh* Romo didn't have the cast around him that Dak does. Are you comparing Dak's O-Line to what Romo went through?

Also, Romo's INT numbers weren't all that high compared to the amount he threw the ball in the era he played (Yes, early in his career the QB play was different, compare his numbers to his peers)

Dak is turning the ball over more this year than has any time in the past.
Romo was surrounded in 2007 by a franchise-record 13 Pro Bowlers. Let that sink in... 13 Pro Bowlers.

Here, take a look at that roster. Romo was definitely surrounded by a lot of quality playoff talent and some HOF material in their prime. Quit the baloney talk about Romo didn't have any talent around him.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2007_roster.htm

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You completely ignored a good portion of what I just said. Dak came in as an immediate game manager because he had the cast around him to allow him to be that.

He's in year 4, and he's not even playing at the level he played in 2016 as a game manager. He's actually more mistake prone now. Again, he loses some pieces and he becomes wildly inconsistent.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Leading the NFL in QBR troll. Passing yards, TD's, deep ball accuracy.........all amongst the leaders.

You must be watching another team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak is on pace to throw a similar amount of times he threw last season. He has 7 INTs through the first half of the season, he had 4 through the first 7 games last year.

Romo threw 520 times in 2007 with 19 INTs - the league was different back then, every QB that threw over 500 times that season outside of Brady had double digit INTs. Romo was second in TDs thrown that year.

This shouldn't be hard to grasp.

Dak is a stud.................That should be hard to grasp. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You completely ignored a good portion of what I just said. Dak came in as an immediate game manager because he had the cast around him to allow him to be that.

He's in year 4, and he's not even playing at the level he played in 2016 as a game manager. He's actually more mistake prone now. Again, he loses some pieces and he becomes wildly inconsistent.

Looks its time you started rooting for another team troll.

Qcard

Reaction score

Caption.."training camp...it was like $25-$28 per lol"

jaythecowboy

Reaction score

The only reason Dak doesn't have a franchise contract is because he wants more money. He already turned down $30 million.