Report: Randy Gregory Applying for Reinstatement, Cowboys Prepared to Welcome Him Back

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He's vet, very thick skin.

You must be a good guy I saw him go after some guys really hard. I think that's why he took some time away. Salud! Be safe!
I can be dogged in debate and defending my position. But if someone can carry on a reasonably disagreeable and civil discussion with me, I'm all about understanding their point of view and conceding. I, as we all, generally dig in when people are rude, obnoxious and disagreeable in defending their position.
Trouty was never like that with me. And that's why we got along. People who have a different perspectives don't bother me. Name-calling and a basic general disrespect shown toward people who have different opinions activates my attack-dog mentality.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can be dogged in debate and defending my position. But if someone can carry on a reasonably disagreeable and civil discussion with me, I'm all about understanding their point of view and conceding. I, as we all, generally dig in when people are rude, obnoxious and disagreeable in defending their position.
Trouty was never like that with me. And that's why we got along. People who have a different perspectives don't bother me. Name-calling and a basic general disrespect shown toward people who have different opinions activates my attack-dog mentality.
You suck!!!!!!!! Lol

aikemirv

Reaction score
I support Gregory.

First of all, from all reports, he’s a good guy and a genuinely solid human being. Never been in trouble for anything but suspensions for weed.

Secondly, the guy struggled with anxiety and depression, I feel for him and hope he finds happiness

Thirdly - Weed is not a dangerous drug. Sure, anything in excess is not good, but alcohol is a million times worse. Easily verified by solid scientific fact. In the words of the great Peter Tosh, “Legalize It”

Finally, he’s a good football player and I’d like to watch him work.

I agree with you on all except 3. I will just add that if it is a very good treatment for bi-polar then it should be used for that like any other narcotic drug treatment. There is no difference in that regard. Since he has been diagnosed for that - he should have been allowed if he got a medical prescription for it. They should have changed the rule.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Don’t be surprised if he starts the season as the RDE. If he can build off his last year playing he could be a solid starter. As the backup in a rotation though, he’d be perfect.

https://nfltraderumors.co/randy-gre...atement-cowboys-prepared-to-welcome-him-back/
I just don't know what to think about this.

Nor about David Irving and people who want him back.

Me..I occasionally do the weed thing and I know that mentality.

I just do not see somebody who is going to play AND smoke to self-medicate.

Smoking makes one relax and it interferes with judgement and reaction time.

How do you play football and play well if you are either high or Jones-ing to be high?

That just is mutually exclusive.

So it's all fine and well to do pot to relieve symptoms such as pain or anxiety.

But pass rushing a QB?

...pass that thing over..thank you.

I got to go to practice..nah.

I ain't going to go today. Tell them I'll be in tomorrow after noon.

Right.

Just my 2 cents.

817Gill

Reaction score
I just don't know what to think about this.

Nor about David Irving and people who want him back.

Me..I occasionally do the weed thing and I know that mentality.

I just do not see somebody who is going to play AND smoke to self-medicate.

Smoking makes one relax and it interferes with judgement and reaction time.

How do you play football and play well if you are either high or Jones-ing to be high?

That just is mutually exclusive.

So it's all fine and well to do pot to relieve symptoms such as pain or anxiety.

But pass rushing a QB?

...pass that thing over..thank you.

I got to go to practice..nah.

I ain't going to go today. Tell them I'll be in tomorrow after noon.

Right.

Just my 2 cents.
I get what you mean but it’s different for all of us. Also I dont think that Randy will necessarily be playing high, though many have admitted to doing it and said that it had no real effect on their play either way.

Personally, me and my college friends used to partake then play ball at the rec. Sometimes I would be super focused on the game as an effect from the partaking lol. Some people swear it helps them zone in as you just get super focused on the task at hand.

But who knows guess it’ll be a wait and see thing

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I get what you mean but it’s different for all of us. Also I dont think that Randy will necessarily be playing high, though many have admitted to doing it and said that it had no real effect on their play either way.

Personally, me and my college friends used to partake then play ball at the rec. Sometimes I would be super focused on the game as an effect from the partaking lol. Some people swear it helps them zone in as you just get super focused on the task at hand.

True.

I am sure the teams have done studies.

You know they would since it affects their product. And product and revenue is what drives them as we all know.

Where I think it get complicated is like where we had our own team crisis a few years ago where 2 of our players were involved in a car accident and the passenger was killed.

If the driver was impaired on pot and it becomes manslaughter as a result..

that is a big problem.

On the one hand, the NFL allows..the State of Texas says legally impaired and the insurance companies don't want to pay becuz the laws are not clear.

I used to work for attorneys once and this is a legal nightmare and we live in a legal society with lawyers on speed dial.

So while some of us rejoice at changes, it really is as clear as mud.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I agree with you on all except 3. I will just add that if it is a very good treatment for bi-polar then it should be used for that like any other narcotic drug treatment. There is no difference in that regard. Since he has been diagnosed for that - he should have been allowed if he got a medical prescription for it. They should have changed the rule.
Which part do you disagree with? That weed is relatively harmless or that alcohol isn’t much more dangerous.

I realize everyone has their own personal feeling about any number of things, but both of those statements are pretty much known, scientific and societal facts. The devastation caused by alcohol abuse is nearly immeasurable and the evidence supporting a position that marijuana is dangerous is very, very thin.

Reaction score
Whether you think they were BS rules or not, they were none the less the rules that 98% of the NFL players abided by. Those in the medical profession that feel marijuana has its medical uses does not change the fact that there are also medicines that were out there that would not have violated any NFL rules and therefore Gregory wouldn't have been suspended repeatedly. But instead Gregory CHOSE to use a substance that was not only an NFL violation by also a illegal substance at the time in the state he lived in. He repeatedly decided what NFL rules and civil laws he was going to not follow and got caught. The ONLY person that can take ANY part of the blame for this is Gregory. Things change. One year people 18 years old were old enough to get drafted and die in wars but couldn't legally drink, the next year they could. Then people 18 years old were able to legally drink and the next year they couldn't. Your excuse that in the last CBA smoking weed got you suspended but now it doesn't is no real excuse. It's what it was and what it is and when it was most players CHOSE to follow the rules. The smoking weed in and of itself isn't the problem, the problem was it was against both NFL rules and civil laws and Gregory chose not to obey.
Okay, I hear you and you're hardline and that's fine. I am too in many ways so here I'm good to just agree to disagree. Anyways...go Cowboys! :)

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score

With weed I’m better at pretty much everything. Except finding my lighter

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Weed helps you get to the truth of yourself. I wouldn’t trust anyone who doesn’t trust themselves and won’t smoke it