Report: Randy Gregory Applying for Reinstatement, Cowboys Prepared to Welcome Him Back

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Again, what's the comparison?

NEED to ask the poster I responded too my man. I was just giving him a reply on this particular player and told him do not think this player ever played a down with the boys though and he was a safety that got hurt in training camp.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Bring him in.....would suspect he'd needs to make his way into the starting line up though camp and preseason - I think he got screwed and hoping he earns his redemption.....

Just how did he get screwed? He kept violating the NFL rules that were in place at the time. The ONLY one to blame for that is Gregory. He never placed his NFL career ahead of other things and it cost him. Same thing with Irving.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Just how did he get screwed? He kept violating the NFL rules that were in place at the time. The ONLY one to blame for that is Gregory. He never placed his NFL career ahead of other things and it cost him. Same thing with Irving.

This! Rules are rules and the law in some cases. No smoking was it at the time. Just like in the workforce, they drug test you for a reason.

Reaction score
He got screwed with BS rules. One year it's forbidden, next year it's all good and have at it.

Not to mention he has an anxiety condition where it has been known in medical communities for several years prior that marijuana is/was an effective treatment to cope. So you can be hard line about it or possibly understand the context/nuances....that's pretty much how I feel.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Including his life.

quickccc

Reaction score
i welcome him back considering his situations and conditions that even possibly led to new terms and directions of the new CBA deal and it's drug policy.

Haters can do whatever they feel the urge to. But even with his immense athleticism and talent, i'd still put Gregory in the backseat of having him as a plan B
option and one coming off the bench and being part of a rotation vs depending upon him being the lead guy on the RDE spot.

i still think he is too much in a developmental stage as he has never been in an NFL off season program and mentally wise i still have skeptics that he
is still far away where he needs to be focus and technical wise. But there is nothing wrong with having a talent like that coming off the bench fresh-especially in
nickel pass rush situations. His first step and agility is a great asset to have at hand.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
He got screwed with BS rules. One year it's forbidden, next year it's all good and have at it.

Not to mention he has an anxiety condition where it has been known in medical communities for several years prior that marijuana is/was an effective treatment to cope. So you can be hard line about it or possibly understand the context/nuances....that's pretty much how I feel.

Whether you think they were BS rules or not, they were none the less the rules that 98% of the NFL players abided by. Those in the medical profession that feel marijuana has its medical uses does not change the fact that there are also medicines that were out there that would not have violated any NFL rules and therefore Gregory wouldn't have been suspended repeatedly. But instead Gregory CHOSE to use a substance that was not only an NFL violation by also a illegal substance at the time in the state he lived in. He repeatedly decided what NFL rules and civil laws he was going to not follow and got caught. The ONLY person that can take ANY part of the blame for this is Gregory. Things change. One year people 18 years old were old enough to get drafted and die in wars but couldn't legally drink, the next year they could. Then people 18 years old were able to legally drink and the next year they couldn't. Your excuse that in the last CBA smoking weed got you suspended but now it doesn't is no real excuse. It's what it was and what it is and when it was most players CHOSE to follow the rules. The smoking weed in and of itself isn't the problem, the problem was it was against both NFL rules and civil laws and Gregory chose not to obey.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Randy is living a good life; I am sure he would laugh in the face of his haters.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He's getting his life on order. I'm proud of him. We stay in contact. I'll tell him you said hey!
Thanks. He was a humble guy. Begged me to forgive him for something he said. It wasn't that deep to me, but his attitude was definitely uncommon and something I'll always admire about him.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks. He was a humble guy. Begged me to forgive him for something he said. It wasn't that deep to me, but his attitude was definitely uncommon and something I'll always admire about him.
He's vet, very thick skin.
You must be a good guy I saw him go after some guys really hard. I think that's why he took some time away. Salud! Be safe!