Report: RB Chris Johnson's agent in contact with Dallas Cowboys

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
Free-agent running back Chris Johnson's agent has been in contact with the Dallas Cowboys.

According to NFL insider Rand Getlin, it's unclear whether or not Johnson will play again this year. However, his agent has has been talking with the Cowboys on his behalf.

In the past, Johnson hasn't been afraid to share his opinion on playing for the 'Boys in 2015. "That's what we trying to do." Johnson told a TMZ reporter in early May in regards to playing for America's Team.

The interest between the Cowboys and Johnson might just be one-sided. According to Cowboys reporter Mike Fisher, the Cowboys did an evaluation on Johnson and were not compelled to sign him.

http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-RB-Chris-Johnsons-agent-in-contact-with-Dallas-Cowboys-38414997

dwreck27

Reaction score
LL

Sure..... Why not...

Ashwynn

Reaction score
man, I dont know what hes got left in the tank, but I suppose we can kick the tires. I dont want a "has been" fantasy football team though. I am beginning to wish we'd a just signed Murray and been done with all this lightning in a bottle stuff. I suppose my only saving grace at this point is AP aint coming here and thats final.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
man, I dont know what hes got left in the tank, but I suppose we can kick the tires. I dont want a "has been" fantasy football team though. I am beginning to wish we'd a just signed Murray and been done with all this lightning in a bottle stuff. I suppose my only saving grace at this point is AP aint coming here and thats final.

Do we sign Hardy if we bring back Demarco?

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Do we sign Hardy if we bring back Demarco?

I dunno, hadn't given that a thought. this was just shooting off at first sight. I'm tired of the RB mess. Signing Murray would have settled this point. After thinking about it, probably not, but with Gregory, maybe it would not have been so bad. I dunno, I'm just a fan with an opinion, not the answer man.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Sure why not. It's timing to corner the market on aging almost out of the league 2008 draft class RBs.

Is Felix Jones also available?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I dunno, hadn't given that a thought. this was just shooting off at first sight. I'm tired of the RB mess. Signing Murray would have settled this point. After thinking about it, probably not, but with Gregory, maybe it would not have been so bad. I dunno, I'm just a fan with an opinion, not the answer man.

I understand what you're saying but when you invest as much as we have in offensive line..... I think it allows for you to use minimal resources in other places.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
screw this...sign Hershel Walker!

#34Walker2015

Walker was the only washed up feature back I can recall who stayed in the league by becoming a backup who contributed in ST. Otherwise, the former #1 back is predictability done

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

That's interesting. I'd like to hope and think the Cowboys value Dez as the best player on this team. I honestly don't feel it was a either or situation with Demarco and anyone on this team. I believe they truthfully wanted Demarco at a certain price tag that would make sense for them.

DFWJC

Reaction score
That's interesting. I'd like to hope and think the Cowboys value Dez as the best player on this team. I honestly don't feel it was a either or situation with Demarco and anyone on this team. I believe they truthfully wanted Demarco at a certain price tag that would make sense for them.

Yeah, I agree.