Report: Commanders not willing to meet Zack Brown's asking price

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I know a few poster offered him as an alternative to signing Hitchen. LOL..not happening at this price. Wondering if this gives a peek at Hitchen range....

Zach Brown - LB - Commanders
ESPN's John Keim reports the Commanders aren't willing to meet free agent ILB Zach Brown's asking price.

The Commanders want to keep Brown but there's a decent gap in contract talks between the sides. After settling for a prove-it deal, Brown is looking to cash in coming off another strong season. Brown could push for $7 million annually.

Source: ESPN
Jan 20 - 4:29 PM

Dre11

Reaction score
I know a few poster offered him as an alternative to signing Hitchen. LOL..not happening at this price. Wondering if this gives a peek at Hitchen range....

Zach Brown - LB - Commanders
ESPN's John Keim reports the Commanders aren't willing to meet free agent ILB Zach Brown's asking price.

The Commanders want to keep Brown but there's a decent gap in contract talks between the sides. After settling for a prove-it deal, Brown is looking to cash in coming off another strong season. Brown could push for $7 million annually.

Source: ESPN
Jan 20 - 4:29 PM
Hell no, the guy is a huge liability in coverage. Hence the reason they won't pay him and the bills let him walk

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and-for-that-reason-im-out.jpg.880adfd86a1827ce420796f908f928ff.jpg

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Lee is a beast overall, and when Smith flashed it was typically in the run and getting to the ball carrier. And overall the 2ndary is very aggressive to the ball carrier, no need for a LB whose skill set is lopsided towards the run. If anything I’d take the opposite.

Sydla

Reaction score
He wants 7MM annually?

Hitchens is gonn want 5-6MM.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I say let hitchens walk. he is not as good as lee so to me he not worth more money a year that lee is making right now. I would rather go the way the cowboys did last year and draft rookie linebackers to play like we did with corners last year.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Hell no, the guy is a huge liability in coverage. Hence the reason they won't pay him and the bills let him walk
I'm not so sure about that. He is a tackling machine with excellent speed to cover TEs. 7 mil doesn't sound unreasonable. The bills were letting a lot of good players go last year.

Reactions: BAT

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I say let hitchens walk. he is not as good as lee so to me he not worth more money a year that lee is making right now. I would rather go the way the cowboys did last year and draft rookie linebackers to play like we did with corners last year.

I would definitely pay Hitchens 5 million a season no problem. He could start if needed or be the primary backup at all 3 positions.