Report: Commanders will release Robert Griffin III

RS12

Reaction score
The Washington Commanders saw their 2015 season end in disappointing fashion on Sunday, and they are expected to begin preparing for next year by releasing Robert Griffin III.

According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, it was important to Commanders owner Daniel Snyder that RG3 remain on the roster for the entire season.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...fin-iii/ar-CCo4YW?li=BBnb7Kx&ocid=mailsignout

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I don't see how either RGIII or Manziel do not end up in Dallas. From a JJ perspective, RGIII is still really young and Gives Dallas a potential starting QB when Romo retires that could be had at a decent price.

Seems like a Jerry Jones move all the way.

Cause he's terrible on the field and in the locker room and a coach killer. The shanahans were right about him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cause he's terrible on the field and in the locker room and a coach killer. The shanahans were right about him.

I don't see how people can't see this. The Commanders gave up three 1st round picks and a second rounder to get him. And he was ultimately sent into exile before being released, while the Commanders went on to win the division with another quarterback.

And people want to claim he's a bright guy or intelligent when all facts point in the complete opposite direction.

LittleD

Reaction score
I don't see how either RGIII or Manziel do not end up in Dallas. From a JJ perspective, RGIII is still really young and Gives Dallas a potential starting QB when Romo retires that could be had at a decent price.

Seems like a Jerry Jones move all the way.

Why would you want RG3? The Cowboys would have to change and adapt their entire offensive scheme to fit him
and have a chance to be successful. They are not going to do that while Romo friendly is in full force. Manziel
is just too much of a headcase and substance abuser to be in Dallas. Pass on both and get a QB high in the draft.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't see how people can't see this. The Commanders gave up three 1st round picks and a second rounder to get him. And he was ultimately sent into exile before being released, while the Commanders went on to win the division with another quarterback.

And people want to claim he's a bright guy or intelligent when all facts point in the complete opposite direction.

I agree. When Washington 1st drafted him I felt he would show more his rookie year than Luck but only because of his athletic ability and for the most part he did just that. However the guy is a 1 read QB and as Washington asked more of him the worse he got. I think much like Vick people see these highlights of this athletic QB but like Vick when you ask him to drop back and be a QB they lack the talent

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. When Washington 1st drafted him I felt he would show more his rookie year than Luck but only because of his athletic ability and for the most part he did just that. However the guy is a 1 read QB and as Washington asked more of him the worse he got. I think much like Vick people see these highlights of this athletic QB but like Vick when you ask him to drop back and be a QB they lack the talent

:hammer:

You nailed it. I couldn't have said it better myself.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
The funny thing is RG3 is better than any backup qb we have. why not bring him in it will be for a bargain price anyway.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Why would you want RG3? The Cowboys would have to change and adapt their entire offensive scheme to fit him
and have a chance to be successful. They are not going to do that while Romo friendly is in full force. Manziel
is just too much of a headcase and substance abuser to be in Dallas. Pass on both and get a QB high in the draft.

Well, to be fair, I never said that "I" wanted RGIII or Manziel at all. I just stated that it is a Jerry Jones move all the way and that I can absolutely see it happening.