Report: Commanders will release Robert Griffin III

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
[quote="LocimusPrime, post: 6518323, member: 38717"]Cause he's terrible on the field and in the locker room and a coach killer. The shanahans were right about him.[/quote]

Three strikes and you're usually out. Same should apply to I Can't See (more than one open receiver) RGIII.

[Note: It pains me to say this; I am a Baylor Alum.]

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
He didn't seem to kill Gruden?

Maybe it's the Shanny's who have the problem?

Because Gruden knew enough to bench his no talent *** where it belongs. He is a gimmick QB that will never be a true QB in the NFL. He needs to go where ever Chip goes and they can fail together.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Better at what, holding a clip board? Outside of his rookie season he has been atrocious. I would take Kellen Moore at back-up over RGIII any day, and I haven't been a supporter of Moore at all.

So just because he is on a bad team and not the right fit you think this guys career is over? He didn't forget how to play. Change of scenery sometimes is a blessing.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see how either RGIII or Manziel do not end up in Dallas. From a JJ perspective, RGIII is still really young and Gives Dallas a potential starting QB when Romo retires that could be had at a decent price.

Seems like a Jerry Jones move all the way.

You can take it to the bank that one of them will be here.

Oh what joy.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
So just because he is on a bad team and not the right fit you think this guys career is over? He didn't forget how to play. Change of scenery sometimes is a blessing.

Wrong. He never knew how to play. He's an athlete, not a quarterback. He is a stubborn child who refused to do the work in the classroom, according to many sources including players and coaches. Now he's got David Carr syndrome and sits in the pocket waiting to get hit. If you take away his first read and push the pocket, he panics and either throws a terrible pass or takes a horrible sack.

As far as being on a bad team, Kirk Cousins must be the second coming of Joe Namath if that's true.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Wrong. He never knew how to play. He's an athlete, not a quarterback. He is a stubborn child who refused to do the work in the classroom, according to many sources including players and coaches. Now he's got David Carr syndrome and sits in the pocket waiting to get hit. If you take away his first read and push the pocket, he panics and either throws a terrible pass or takes a horrible sack.

As far as being on a bad team, Kirk Cousins must be the second coming of Joe Namath if that's true.

Kirk Cousins just showed you yesterday what he truly is and that is a backup. David Carr has more promise than Cousins. Look Rg3 or Manzeil are not my choices for Dallas . I would seriosly look at F A and try to land Matt Moore or Drew Stanton. I am not sold on any QB coming out of draft this year.

LittleD

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, I never said that "I" wanted RGIII or Manziel at all. I just stated that it is a Jerry Jones move all the way and that I can absolutely see it happening.

Stephen and Garrett need to put the 'ole man on ice until after the draft. Jerry must be protected from himself.
How about a mental competency test for him including an English exam.

LittleD

Reaction score
Kirk Cousins just showed you yesterday what he truly is and that is a backup. David Carr has more promise than Cousins. Look Rg3 or Manzeil are not my choices for Dallas . I would seriosly look at F A and try to land Matt Moore or Drew Stanton. I am not sold on any QB coming out of draft this year.

Do a little more study on Carson Wentz and you will be. Let him sit and learn from Romo for two years and he'll be ready to lead the Boys to the
promise land.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Kirk Cousins showed me that like every QB in the league not named Aaron Rodgers, when he has a pocket he will kill you, when he is on his back half the game, he will have trouble. He threw for 330 yards and a touchdown, from his back foot most of the time. His ability is light years beyond RGIII.

I am guessing you meant Derek Carr. I was referring to David Carr, the one who took too many shots in Houston and it broken him mentally. He was never able to get it together.

I loved Stanton coming out, but he can't stay healthy and is already progressing in age. Matt Moore is really not any better than Kellen Moore, if we are talking back-ups.

LittleD

Reaction score

Yea but, that scenery should not be in Texas. Wherever Chip goes he should follow closely.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I bet he would of won more games for us than Weeden, Cassell and Moore combined..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All those draft picks it took to move up to take the guy.

What a fantastic bust he became.

They have themselves to blame. And Shanahan. Why on earth would you invest that much into a quarterback you don't want and in that SAME draft you use a pick on Cousins. You spent nearly 4 picks on a quarterback and Cousins may or may not come back. What a mess this is. And this was your NFC East champion. Ouch.

Kaiser

Reaction score
RGIII left this note in his locker after cleaning it out. I like it -

CYcxkfiWkAAbX1O.jpg

LittleD

Reaction score
I bet he would of won more games for us than Weeden, Cassell and Moore combined..

How much would you bet? He used to be able to run the ball to get out of trouble, now he can't do that anymore. He can't run and he can't read
defenses...pass please!

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Do a little more study on Carson Wentz and you will be. Let him sit and learn from Romo for two years and he'll be ready to lead the Boys to the
promise land.

Seen some of his games live, Alright but nothing that made me say WOW.