Report: Commanders will release Robert Griffin III

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
0ZPKX0e.jpg

LOL

DallasDomination

Reaction score
It's funny how people disregard RG3 and say he can't read defenses or he won't fit here but then are OK with Lynch and Goff. I would rather develop RG3 or give him a back up roll than develop garbage a** Lynch. Maybe Goff but that's about it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's funny how people disregard RG3 and say he can't read defenses or he won't fit here but then are OK with Lynch and Goff. I would rather develop RG3 or give him a back up roll than develop garbage a** Lynch. Maybe Goff but that's about it.

Keep in mind that those "people" are former Commanders players who otherwise shill for the organization like Spagnola does for Dallas.

When a former player says he "can't read a defense" or worse "doesn't understand basic concepts", it should be a huge red flag.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Funny to you. If the scouts like what they see in Goff or Lynch, they'll take their guy. If not, then RGIII and/or a 2nd round qb.

Proximo

Reaction score

There's a difference between a rookie who hasn't taken an NFL snap yet, and a guy who has proven he's not that good of a pro QB, in addition to apparently being a jackass.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
There's a difference between a rookie who hasn't taken an NFL snap yet, and a guy who has proven he's not that good of a pro QB, in addition to apparently being a jackass.

In all fairness, he *could* have been a real jackass this season, especially when Washington was 2-4 and Cousins was playing mediocre at best and he really just remained quite. Not saying I want him, but he's not the jackass we all thought he was like 5 months ago.

Gooch

E-Dog
Reaction score
From the Washington Post

Robert Griffin III cleaned out his locker on Monday, very likely his last time in the locker room at FedEx Field as a member of the Washington Commanders. We don’t yet know whether Griffin will have a team in 2016 — though he almost definitely will — but we can point to one franchise that makes the most sense for his current skill set: the Dallas Cowboys.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
lol. Pretty sure the potential Romo successor isn't RGBUST. Either Goff or Lynch, or a qb in the 2nd round potential successors as of today.

I personally don't think RGIII is either, but I am a little concerned that Jerry will pull the trigger and then ignore the position until round 4ish.

conner01

Reaction score
If you read what I wrote specifically, I stated simply getting a veteran eliminates a "top QB" prospect.

I can guarantee you that if they acquired Griffin or Manziel, that eliminates any chance of drafting Goff, Lynch, Wentz, practically any of the top QB prospects likely to go in premium rounds. They could take a rookie late, but there is no way they commit that many resources at QB.

I don't think it does. And I wouldn't trade for either of them myself. If they were cut and could be signed cheap I would take a look but I wouldn't invest a draft pick or much money in either
But I don't think they eliminate a top pick. Even if you think either of these vets are gonna become a super star, you can get a ton for a QB so they could easily get you a very good pick in a couple years
No matter what vet we sign I would still take a QB at 4 assuming either of those guys are there

csirl

Reaction score
To be honest, Sam Bradford would be a better choice than RG3.

I wouldn't sign either. But we've seen mainly negative comments about Bradford on these forums yet he's a better player than RG3. He had shown some NFL QB ability during his career whereas RG3 has shown nothing other than being able to do some gimmick plays.

Why aren't those advocating RG3 also advocating Bradford?

My view is we draft at least one of the first round QBs or sign Stafford (if he comes onto the market ).

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
Why does he have to go further with his post? I think he was pretty clear when he said good stay away from Dallas. You might like RG III, but for the majority of us we say "stay away from Dallas" with him in unison.

You completely misquoted me so allow me to clarify for you

I don't think highly of Mr RG III I am not impressed by "mobile" QBs I like the pocket passer, who's vigilant
and always goes pass before run, now on the other hand? we have Mr Jerruh Jones who doesn't think of
his players in high regards as many think..Oh sure he pays them handsomely, but they are for show and
nothing more this is why I made the comment about Troy Aikman and why RG III should just merely stay
away from Dallas at all costs

simply put it's a recipe for disaster so both parties in the best interest should simply part ways and look
for better

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
That surprised me too, but I have to credit Shanahan and a simplified playbook. I think he worked some miracles with this guy but once the read option was figured out, Griffin - like Kaepernick - got exposed as guys playing street ball and not true NFL quarterbacks.

It's hard to dismiss the scathing report that Chris 'Mr Commander' Cooley wrote on him:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nt-assess-the-rest-of-the-Commanders-offense/

What does it say when you can't get a good report from that guy?

The read option has been figured out. Quick, someone tell Seattle and Carolina!!

And Cooley was talking about just one game, the worst game of Griffin's career, not an indictment on the offense as a whole while Griffin was starter. If he wants to be a starter in 2016, he'll need to get with a team that believes in him and is willing to run the type of offense that Seattle deploys under OC Bevell. This is also dependent upon Griffin being willing to run that type of offense. You see Griffin is kind of his own worst enemy, he could've built upon the 2012 season and potentially be where Russell Wilson is if he allowed the Shanahans to slowly bring him along as a pocket passer, keep his confidence and success in the offense Kyle built, and be patient. And maybe that would've happened if he wasn't always injured and worrying about Kirk taking his job.

If he wants to continue to ignore his physical gifts and be strictly a "pocket passer", he's going to sign with a team like yours, or Pittsburgh/New England/San Diego, where there is an established starter and he can continue to develop learning how to read a playbook, understanding route trees better, and those better study habits and watching a better QB work should pay dividends for him down the road.

I root for him still, and I hope he chooses option #2. No team that signs him as a starter is likely to go the depths the Shanahans did to make it work for him right away. So any team that makes him the starter is going to run read option around 15% of the time(like in 2012), and he'll need to stop listening to his ******* father and start listening to his coaches.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Is this one of those threads where we now thing RG3 can be a capable player?

Just trying to keep tabs. Wasn't too long ago when he was horrid.